• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
I'm really depressed Toyotarou is allowed to give such a huge influence.
I've already told you guys that Toyotaro is going to be the new Toriyama for the series. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stuff we're seeing in the Tournament of Power is adapted from the manga, since Toyotaro is ahead in production. The first few chapters and first few episodes of the Universe 6 tournament for example were pretty much the same in terms of story beats, and Toyotaro's manga came first there.

CazTGG

Plot twist: Turns out that Launch is from another universe as she's revealed to be the last invisible fighter and ends up winning the tournament.

MKIL65

Plot twist: Turns out that Launch is from another universe as she's revealed to be the last invisible fighter and ends up winning the tournament.

She'll spare Tien tho, and Universe 7 will remain intact.

EDIT: Oh, you meant "invisible" I read it as "invincible".

I can't imagine invisibility helping much, due to all the collateral damage from Ki blasts.

RocknRola

Yamcha against the wolves would've been an interesting idea
Too bad he's not really a "fighter" anymore

:

Yamcha:
"Here is my Wolf Fang---"

Grand Priest:
"The participant in the Exhibition Match for the Tournament of Power from Universe 7 has died. Universe 9 wins this round. Who is your next fighter, Universe 7?"

caliph95

Yamcha:
"Here is my Wolf Fang---"

Grand Priest:
"The participant in the Exhibition Match for the Tournament of Power from Universe 7 has died. Universe 9 wins this round. Who is your next fighter, Universe 7?"
Goku: well shit he said he was ready oh well n_n

caliph95

I'm treating this arc like I always do dragon ball, just enjoying it in the moment
image.php

The only episodes to not make me take the ToP seriously were a little bit of 99 and 98% of 202.
Damn future guy is the top going that long man can't wait to see

Skeeter49

Future Skeeter confirmed

Satan challenging Zeno in 202, to keep Universe 7 from getting erased, after Goku threw Jiren a sensu bean meaning he got disqualified, was really underwhelming.
Even if Satan did go SSB, after Goten and Trunks found a portal to the world of void in 17's park, Satan was able to connect with his daughter on a spiritual level, who as we know went SSJ in BoG, and therefore it was like Satan went through the ritual himself.

There were 20 episodes of park ranging with Goten and Trunks though. Apparently 17 was creating his own androids out of the poachers, which is why he didn't want Goku to kill them. Goten hit the self destruct button though :(

Satan challenging Zeno in 202, to keep Universe 7 from getting erased, after Goku threw Jiren a sensu bean meaning he got disqualified, was really underwhelming.
Even if Satan did go SSB, after Goten and Trunks found a portal to the world of void in 17's park, Satan was able to connect with his daughter on a spiritual level, who as we know went SSJ in BoG, and therefore it was like Satan went through the ritual himself.

There were 20 episodes of park ranging with Goten and Trunks though. Apparently 17 was creating his own androids out of the poachers, which is why he didn't want Goku to kill them. Goten hit the self destruct button though :(

😳

Blue doesn't require the ritual, only SSG which seems to be a shortcut to God power

And yes it's silly

That my point, though. I must have missed where it was said that blue didn't require the ritual, because the only time I remember it being explained what blue is, at all, was "SS with the ki of SSG" which, unless they did a ritual or there were shenanigans, Vegeta shouldn't have.

It's really less that blue doesn't require a ritual and more that blue, at least as described, requires god ki. So either Vegeta got it by super hardcore training and his is somehow different from Goku in a way we don't fully see or know or it's the biggest 75 episode handwave I've ever seen.

And, FALSE EDIT because I'm gonna leave my silliness typed out:
It sounds like Vegeta's is just "I got really strong" and got it, which means SSB isn't necessarily directly a result of SSG itself and more SSG was an easier jumping off point for Goku and Vegeta just trained really goddamned hard for it.

Good for you, Vegeta! I've never been a fan, but god for you.

This means, then, that Gohan can get it now, too. :3

caliph95

That my point, though. I must have missed where it was said that blue didn't require the ritual, because the only time I remember it being explained what blue is, at all, was "SS with the ki of SSG" which, unless they did a ritual or there were shenanigans, Vegeta shouldn't have.

It's really less that blue doesn't require a ritual and more that blue, at least as described, requires god ki. So either Vegeta got it by super hardcore training and his is somehow different from Goku in a way we don't fully see or know or it's the biggest 75 episode handwave I've ever seen.

And, FALSE EDIT because I'm gonna leave my silliness typed out:
It sounds like Vegeta's is just "I got really strong" and got it, which means SSB isn't necessarily directly a result of SSG itself and more SSG was an easier jumping off point for Goku and Vegeta just trained really goddamned hard for it.

Good for you, Vegeta! I've never been a fan, but god for you.

This means, then, that Gohan can get it now, too. :3
Gohan said he's focusing on improving Ultimate Mystic in order to make Gohan unique

Toshio confirmed on twitter that in episode 104
Goku does indeed go regular God.
Not a fan of this.

Oh thats actually cool. I like that.

I hate how SSJ God was just forgotten really prefer it coming back like in the manga. Also it makes sense he gonna save stamina.

And for people wondering why else not Blue isnt it the deal with SSJ God he has the ability to regenerate his wounds what is a ability that Blue does not have?

There are benefits to go God over Blue

Slaythe

My problem is that the hair looks weird and his jaw shape is odd.

I don't mind the hair like that, it's a funny take on it.

The jaw will be fine it's because of the lightning that it looks bad on the first pic really. It's kinda cute on the second one.

The eyes were the worst for me but they can be fixed easily.

Skeeter49

Ha, get fucked, universe 9! Kinda messed up that all the innocents in their universe are erased as well, though.

Was anyone in that universe really innocent?

The only thing I hated about that was Blue really being overkill against the Trio De Dangers, and 3 of the fighters in U19 not even getting an attack in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom