• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now imagine if the roles were reversed. Yamcha would have been retroactively deleted from Dragon Ball as a whole lol.
Yamcha tanks it and becomes the new GoD for U7
giphy.gif
(possible 103 spoilers)
I don't want to see Gowasu go :(

caliph95

Was anyone in that universe really innocent?

The only thing I hated about that was Blue really being overkill against the Trio De Dangers, and 3 of the fighters in U19 not even getting an attack in.
Remember all the fan art some probably nsfw and hype all people get is this
giphy.gif

Skeeter49

Remember all the fan art some probably nsfw and hype all people get is this
giphy.gif

Who approved her for the tournament?
Who in U9 thought she was fighting fit?

Who in U9 thought half of their fighters were suitable for the tournament? The people rioting who they erased looked more suitable.

Khansolo1

Oh my god! So I just decided to see how the dub was, and holy goddamn shit.
I'm glad I skipped those episodes. That animation was total shit.
Also why did they retell the movies?
Why not just start with the uni 6 vs uni 7

Kinda hard to start with a story that wasn't even done yet.

Slaythe

They had no pre production, so they needed time to flesh out the original arc, and it's rumored they wanted to get Fox out of the picture, so now they can effectively use all of the movies content without giving a dime to Fox.

Was anyone in that universe really innocent?

The only thing I hated about that was Blue really being overkill against the Trio De Dangers, and 3 of the fighters in U19 not even getting an attack in.
Yeah, going blue was def overkill, but they are Saiyans.

Meh, they're probably all furries anyway...

image.php
Ya know, they were a bunch of anthropomorphic animals, weren't they? Probably had humans as pets too.

spoilers
the idea is that the look about what zeno-sama is doing doesn't look like deletion, but teleportation.
Hmmm, interesting.

Sandfox

I was just looking through some DB music stuff and it's a crime that they never released the Vegeta "atonement/sacrifice" theme from Kai. My favorite theme from the series and the repurposed version from Super doesn't live up to it.

I wonder how much rage the fandom will have when Pan grows up a bit and gets SSJ Blue at the age of 8-10.

On that subject I wonder if Pan is going to have a bigger role in Super when they get to post-EoZ stuff.

Tsunamo

That Gohan figure is on point. Got that badass look about him, even without the bang.
Nah, too early for that.

Edit: Although I've just realized we were never told when Toriyama worked on this arc's outline.
I mean at the time of publication the Future Trunks arc would've just started so it'd only be one arc ahead so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if it was in Toriyamas outline (perhaps its linked to his new form appearing), but yeah just interesting to think about and Toyables been teasing things ahead quite often, like his End of Z in Super comment from awhile back.
Who knows. Maybe he forced the anime team to do it haha
"Bringback SSJ God or i'll tell Toriyama on you"
spoilers
the idea is that the look about what zeno-sama is doing doesn't look like deletion, but teleportation.
That'd be a good write around the whole they're erased now, we can't bring them back again problem people bring up.

Skii

I find it hilarious that everyone uses spoiler tags for the most recent spoiler except HeroR who openly states the spoiler in like 4 different post lmao

Onto the actual spoiler:

It's so fucking dumb. They are doing everything in their power to ruin this arc. Gohan is the only saving grace.

NeonZ

Toriyama has sometimes mentioned rereading the original manga before writing new stories.
Maybe now with Super rather than his notes for Super's arcs or watching the anime he's actually rereading the Toyotaro manga? If SSJ God ends up being an energy saving form just like in the manga that could be what's going on here.

Ya know, it was really great seeing Krillin put in work. His team attack with 18 was great; the stink bomb too.

Well damn, she sure did got to SS2 with ease. And if Brale had said Son Goku one more goddamn time I was gonna lose it. Also, is Broly not canon or something? Shouldn't they have recognized that form?

Heero5

Ya know, it was really great seeing Krillin put in work. His team attack with 18 was great; the stink bomb too.

Well damn, she sure did got to SS2 with ease. And if Brale had said Son Goku one more goddamn time I was gonna lose it. Also, is Broly not canon or something? Shouldn't they have recognized that form?
The cast not recognizing that form basically confirms Broly isn't canon, along with all(?) movie concepts.

decisions

As the dub is just now getting into the post-movie stuff I have started watching it and love the fact that these characters I loved oh so long ago are back.

But what is the consensus on where this show goes? Because to me it seems like it totally jumps the shark with the way people are talking about in here. I mean DB has always been crazy, but there seems like a ridiculous amount of transformations that have no weight/belittle the entire idea of transformation, too many new characters people don't even really like, and 12 different universes resulting in a war of escalation gone nuclear.

I've enjoyed the end of the Frieza arc, but what should I expect? Is the post-movie stuff considered good or what? Or will they need to retcon this in a decade and canonize AF because it seems more grounded?

NeonZ

Also, is Broly not canon or something? Shouldn't they have recognized that form?

Yeah, Broly wasn't canon. Super, in spite of referencing some anime filler, actually hasn't acknowledged any content that originated in the old Z movies, even the ones that got referenced by the original Z anime (Great Saiyaman 2, Gohan's Great Saiyaman career post-Buu Saga).

Broly's movie also never really fit into the series' timeline. The movie uses characters from around the Cell games, but has everyone going on with their lives like nothing was happening.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I find it hilarious that everyone uses spoiler tags for the most recent spoiler except HeroR who openly states the spoiler in like 4 different post lmao

Onto the actual spoiler:

It's so fucking dumb. They are doing everything in their power to ruin this arc. Gohan is the only saving grace.

Saturday can't come soon enough.

Unbounded

So, is there a nonzero chance that Piccolo unveils a new move called "Nail Gun" in the tournament or am I setting myself up to be crushed.

MKIL65

Broly is not canon. Kale is your...

Broly is really popular among the Japanese fanbase, he's literally a meme.

Along with Vegeta, Goku and Paragus.

There are plenty of videos, fanart and mixed parodies that supports this.

...I guess they wanted a female Broly equivalent, due to his popularity. But I doubt it will work as well.

Skeeter49

Caulifla went SSJ2 in 93, but yeah, would have been nice if she went SSJ2 trying to help Kale.

Broly's not canon, and right now LSSJ isn't.

LotusHD

Banned
Broly is really popular among the Japanese fanbase, he's literally a meme.

Along with Vegeta, Goku and Paragus.

There are plenty of videos, fanart and mixed parodies that supports this.

...I guess they wanted a female Broly equivelant, due to his popularity. But I doubt it will work as well.

I didn't say he wasn't popular tho...

Onto the actual spoiler:

How is bringing
ssg back
ruining the arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom