• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Pretty much. At least first wait for the episode before saying it makes no sense or it ruins the arc haha

I remember some of the reactions from Frieza coming back. I think even I didn't like the idea at first, but holy hell would I be flat-out lying if I said the Frieza recruitment episodes weren't some of my favorite ones from Super.
Edit: I don't know what the spoilers are going on about, I haven't read them.

I remember some of the reactions from Frieza coming back. I think even I didn't like the idea at first, but holy hell would I be flat-out lying if I said the Frieza recruitment episodes weren't some of my favorite ones from Super.

It's nowhere near as big a deal as everyone is making it

LotusHD

Banned
This thread sure loves to overreact to leaks

Reminds me of how people tend react to One Piece spoilers elsewhere lol

I didn't like the idea either, but I at least acknowledged that it would make for some very interesting interactions. And on that note, they certainly exceeded expectations seeing as how he greeted Goku lmao

Anth0ny

Towards the bottom of the page is when Freeza is confirmed

enter rage from a bunch of the regulars... for some reason. I'd make a wall of shame but the thread is locked so I can't quote.

enter my response within minutes that ended up being correct:

Anth0ny said:
AHAHAHAHAH IT'S REAL

inb4 everyone shitting on the idea suddenly loves it now that it's happening

My next bold prediction based on the 104 spoiler:
a bunch of people who shit on toyotaro bringing back regular SSG will be super hype when it returns in the actual show

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DG1hc_lVwAA7WqA.jpg

These are due out in December.

HardRojo

Reminds me of how people tend react to One Piece spoilers elsewhere lol

I didn't like the idea either, but I at least acknowledged that it would make for some very interesting interactions. And on that note, they certainly exceeded expectations seeing as how he greeted Goku lmao

1hQDpxk.gif

How?

was it ever officially stated that Goku needs to do the ritual again to tap into the power? Also sure ssb is stronger, but they still use super Saiyan.

Lol
The issue is that it seemed generally understood by fans that in the anime Goku absorbed all of the power of SSG making his SSJ1 form equivalent to it in power, making the actual red form redundant and unneeded which is why we never see it again.

If red comes back as a form stronger than 3 but weaker than blue like the manga it begs the question of what happened to the power he absorbed. The manga doesn't have this problem because Goku never absorbed SSG's power. I'm going to wait and see what they say about it for now.

Bless Kale and Caulifla for taking out those awful Pride Troopers. Hell, bless anyone who takes them bastards out.

Oh nice, Universe 6 has some Namekians. Hopefully Piccolo gets his chance to shine at some point.

Universe 2 is great, haha. They have the best GoD as well. I loved that 17 interrupted their transformations. And 17...dude is amazing, as expected.

The issue is that it seemed generally understood by fans that in the anime Goku absorbed all of the power of SSG making his SSJ1 form equivalent to it in power, making the actual red form redundant and unneeded which is why we never see it again.

If red comes back as a form stronger than 3 but weaker than blue like the manga it begs the question of what happened to the power he absorbed. The manga doesn't have this problem because Goku never absorbed SSG's power. I'm going to wait and see what they say about it for now.
Fair enough, I feel like it's easy enough to
say that Goku discovered the form has further abilities than previously thought during his training or something like that

SSJ God has senzu bean like healing abilities so i wouldnt call the form redundant. Thats quite useful.

Skeeter49

Bless Kale and Caulifla for taking out those awful Pride Troopers. Hell, bless anyone who takes them bastards out.

Oh nice, Universe 6 has some Namekians. Hopefully Piccolo gets his chance to shine at some point.

Universe 2 is great, haha. They have the best GoD as well. I loved that 17 interrupted their transformations. And 17...dude is amazing, as expected.
18 took out 2 of them.
No one gives her credit for that :(

SSJ God has senzu bean like healing abilities so i wouldnt call the form redundant. Thats quite useful.
Then you run into the problem of why he never used it before now. I mean they could say he just recently figured out how to use it again which is why im saying I'm waiting

dci260

The pacifier arc will be better if it happens.
:)
Don't even joke about anything being that dumb.

So is
goku not getting? If it's just SSG, then i will be disappointed

It's probably both, but no one really knows.

I just realized that if
Piccolo doesn't eliminate someone this coming episode, he will be the only one from U7 that hasn't.
Fuck...

We must hold the faith, his time is coming.

dci260

This would actually contradict that arc.
Maybe this is a good thing making that arc less relevant.

Wouldn't this make it worse with SSJ3 Gotenks really being weaker than base Vegeta?
Rather than God-Ki absorbed base form or however you want to describe it

I don't want Goku getting
a new form
so this is a pro towards that.
Might want to start coming to terms with that... :p

Trunks had to lower his power to Goten's level, who stopped training.

Maybe one of them got that weak.
Sorry Sanji :(

Must've blocked that part out... along with the majority of that arc.

Skeeter49

Wouldn't this make it worse with SSJ3 Gotenks really being weaker than base Vegeta?
Rather than God-Ki absorbed base form or however you want to describe it
Trunks had to lower his power to Goten's level, who stopped training.

Maybe one of them got that weak.
[Sorry Sanji :(/spoiler]

Remember that time when Piccolo got fusion power ups on two separate occasions and on both occasions managed to moderately inconvenience the main arc bad guy before both of them powered up for the sole purpose of slapping his shit into the dirt?

People talk about Gohan this, Vegeta that, but no one gets dehyped as quick as Piccolo.

Skeeter49

Remember that time when Piccolo got fusion power ups on two separate occasions and on both occasions managed to moderately inconvenience the main arc bad guy before both of them powered up for the sole purpose of slapping his shit into the dirt?

People talk about Gohan this, Vegeta that, but no one gets dehyped as quick as Piccolo.
To be fair, Piccolo was a lot stronger than Cell.

Sandfox

DB fights are basically just everyone jobbing until it's Goku's turn with some exceptions where Goku jobs instead.

Unbounded

Hey, does anyone else remember back when flying wasn't exactly the most common technique ever and then Goku did this on a whim.

Remember when he entered that multiversal tournament where the stakes are the entire goddamn universe where he couldn't fly and he didn't even think about doing this ever again.

Also does anyone remember when Goku was practicing by tossing around spirit bombs in the opening but that didn't happen either.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom