• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Hey, does anyone else remember back when flying wasn't exactly the most common technique ever and then Goku did this on a whim.

Remember when he entered that multiversal tournament where the stakes are the entire goddamn universe where he couldn't fly and he didn't even think about doing this ever again.

Also does anyone remember when Goku was practicing by tossing around spirit bombs in the opening but that didn't happen either.

Good times.
I just realized that Goku hasn't used the Spirit Bomb in Super.

Morlas

well besides frieza the only real villain he's fought was black/zamasu and to be fair there wasn't much life to pull from for a spirit bomb

Skeeter49

So if Goku can fire Kamehameha's from his feet, where else can he fire them from?

That'd probably be useful when someone is giving him a hug the 50 times he's had his guard down in the tournament.

Omni

Hey, does anyone else remember back when flying wasn't exactly the most common technique ever and then Goku did this on a whim.

Remember when he entered that multiversal tournament where the stakes are the entire goddamn universe where he couldn't fly and he didn't even think about doing this ever again.
When has he needed to fly?

If anything that would just make him a bigger target. Look what happened to well... every other character that has been able to fly so far

Sony

Nintendo

Also does anyone remember when Goku was practicing by tossing around spirit bombs in the opening but that didn't happen either.

Good times.

Using that flying trick would be pretty stupid. It's not flying, it's propelling. If he uses that trick, he won't be able to move in the air and adjust his position cause he can't fly. That would make him a sitting duck for every tournament contestant to shoot.

Tsunamo

I just realized that Goku hasn't used the Spirit Bomb in Super.
Trunks has your back.
So if Goku can fire Kamehameha's from his feet, where else can he fire them from?

That'd probably be useful when someone is giving him a hug the 50 times he's had his guard down in the tournament.
4N3GqMp.jpg

Mark1

So if the leak of
SSG returning in episode 104 is true...how is that possible based on the synopsis? Will the U6 saiyans take part in the ritual process or something?

Can someone who knows more please explain what is going on here?

Tsunamo

So if the leak of
SSG returning in episode 104 is true...how is that possible based on the synopsis? Will the U6 saiyans take part in the ritual process or something?

Can someone who knows more please explain what is going on here?
In the manga he just could do it still. There wasn't really a explaination, he just could do it, and then eventually after training Vegeta also unlocked the form. The anime's a bit different obviously and I don't think they'll go that route but we'll see.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Isn't SSG basically his base form with black hair right now? What is the point of going back to red hair, makes no sense. He has also hit SSGSS so all this seems very weird to me.

Slaythe

Now a spirit sword
That's a different story

I mean, Trunks received Goku and Vegeta's energy. Made a big difference.

Also they had the fusion so it's not like they needed a spirit bomb. After that Trunks jumped in anyway.

What would a spirit bomb do against a guy who knows the technique, can teleport and is immortal ? The sword was a direct assault and he didn't know what it was.

Waldini

Isn't SSG basically his base form with black hair right now? What is the point of going back to red hair, makes no sense. He has also hit SSGSS so all this seems very weird to me.

Didn't Beerus say that he wasn't impressed at some point?
Goku had to "lend" the power of other Saiyans in orde to transform.

Maybe the SSJ God we saw isn't the "perfect" form. Goku might've unlocked it, or unlocks it during battle, and becomes the first (and only) SSJ God? I really hope this new transformation isn't Goku with black hair standing up. I NEED SOME COLORS DAMMIT!

HeroR

Didn't Beerus say that he wasn't impressed at some point?
Goku had to "lend" the power of other Saiyans in orde to transform.

Maybe the SSJ God we saw isn't the "perfect" form. Goku might've unlocked it, or unlocks it during battle, and becomes the first (and only) SSJ God? I really hope this new transformation isn't Goku with black hair standing up. I NEED SOME COLORS DAMMIT!

Beerus wasn't impressed by the power of Super Saiyan God since he was easily beating Goku with a fraction of his power. Goku didn't like the form since it was a power giving to him and not something he earned.

The issue is that it seemed generally understood by fans that in the anime Goku absorbed all of the power of SSG making his SSJ1 form equivalent to it in power, making the actual red form redundant and unneeded which is why we never see it again.

If red comes back as a form stronger than 3 but weaker than blue like the manga it begs the question of what happened to the power he absorbed. The manga doesn't have this problem because Goku never absorbed SSG's power. I'm going to wait and see what they say about it for now.

In them movie Battle of Gods, Goku kept the power of godhood and he went Super Saiyan God again. So the two are not mutually exclusive.

To be fair, Piccolo was a lot stronger than Cell.

Cell was at his weakest too. Cell just have to eat a couple of cities before he bodied Piccolo and all the androids who were not 16.

Eh? Piccolo was toying with him to get information.

Cell did take Piccolo by surprised with his Kamehameha and was in trouble if he didn't pretend to give up to get Cell to talk. He then proceed to blow it and let Cell escape.

HeroR

What is the difference between ssg and SSjgb?
Which one is stronger?

Super Saiyan God is weaker than Blue.

Blue is Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God, while Super Saiyan God was the original god form.

Piccolo is featured in this week's episode, not sure what you want...?

Probably an episode where Piccolo gets his own spotlight outside of Gohan, at least I would. Right now, that is the only development Piccolo is getting.

I remember some of the reactions from Frieza coming back. I think even I didn't like the idea at first, but holy hell would I be flat-out lying if I said the Frieza recruitment episodes weren't some of my favorite ones from Super.
Edit: I don't know what the spoilers are going on about, I haven't read them.

We really need a 'RUINED' count for this arc:

- 17 is as strong as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku!? RUINED FOREVER! Blue is nothing but trash now since 17 got stronger from fighting poachers!
- Cali got Super Saiyan from a 'tingle in her back'. RUINED FOREVER! Super Saiyan used to be special!
- Buu falling asleep again and being replaced again!? RUINED FOREVER! LAZY WRITING!
- Frieza is going to replaced Buu? RUINED FOREVER! SUPER IS NOTHING BUT FAN-SERVICE!
- Cali is going to get Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan!? RUINED FOREVER! Blue really is trash now since they're giving it away like candy!
- Kale tanked a Kamehameha from Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku!? RUINED FOREVER! Legendary Super Saiyan shouldn't be stronger than Blue. Blue is TRASH!
-
Super Saiyan God is returning!? RUINED FOREVER!

Tell me if I miss one.

caliph95

Blue is Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God, while Super Saiyan God was the original god form.

Probably an episode where Piccolo gets his own spotlight outside of Gohan, at least I would. Right now, that is the only development Piccolo is getting.

- 17 is as strong as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku!? RUINED FOREVER! Blue is nothing but trash now since 17 got stronger from fighting poachers!
- Cali got Super Saiyan from a 'tingle in her back'. RUINED FOREVER! Super Saiyan used to be special!
- Buu falling asleep again and being replaced again!? RUINED FOREVER! LAZY WRITING!
- Frieza is going to replaced Buu? RUINED FOREVER! SUPER IS NOTHING BUT FAN-SERVICE!
- Cali is going to get Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan!? RUINED FOREVER! Blue really is trash now since they're giving it away like candy!
- Kale tanked a Kamehameha from Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku!? RUINED FOREVER! Legendary Super Saiyan shouldn't be stronger than Blue. Blue is TRASH!
-

Tell me if I miss one.
You forgot Super Saiyan 2 and cauliflower

Ingeniero

Amazing spoilers, I hope they are true.
Me may see Geets using the Red/Blue swap technique he used vs Black in the manga.
Or maybe just SSG Vegeta kicking ass.
Amazing.

-

Tell me if I miss one.

Krillin can fight Blue? Ruined!
Piccolo stronger than SS2 Gohan? Ruined!

Rutger

Banned
Outside of Cell it's basically the Goku show.

For many of the big fights, sure. Z would often find a way to remove Goku from half of the arc though in order to focus on the more interesting characters, and only bring him in when things are getting too tough. I really wouldn't call Z the Goku show because of that, it wasn't afraid to spend large parts of its arcs without him, and its something Super still needs to learn how to do.

ElyrionX

Speaking of Super Saiyan forms, why do we not see SSJ3 anymore? It's always SS1 to SS2 to SSB. The hair makes life hard for the artists/animators?

kuYuri

SS3 is an unnatural form that drains way too much stamina, it probably doesn't even grant that much of a power-up.

Eh, Goku was able to be more or less on par if not stronger than Majin Buu with it. Also even though most of the fight was a joke, Gotenks did some real damage to Buu as well. But the stamina drain is definitely real.

HardRojo

Nani!? Went from majin vegeta doing nothing to fat buu to yea I probably could've killed him. Doesn't grant much power my butt

Eh, Goku was able to be more or less on par if not stronger than Majin Buu with it. Also even though most of the fight was a joke, Gotenks did some real damage to Buu as well. But the stamina drain is definitely real.

Ok ok, I exaggerated a bit, but as of now it's pretty much a useless form. We agree there, right?

Ash735

Wait so are we going by Manga rules now?
Where SSG is supposed to be better for Agility and Healing but weaker in pure power and beams?

Also does this mean we'll see Vegeta do it too?

Skii

Saturday can't come soon enough.

Gohan the redeemer.
Dramatic much?

I'm never dramatic.
How is bringing
ssg back
ruining the arc

Well they'll bring it back and not explain why he hasnt been using it for the last 3 arcs which just adds more plot holes. If they have to do the ritual for him to regain it, it again makes no sense because SSB is supposed to be stronger than SSG anyway.

Didn't they even imply that the power of SSG was imparted onto Goku after the transformation weared off?

The dub director seems excited for Zamasu
PmSAB0n.jpg

And Mario Castañeda confirmed on his Twitter that Black will indeed be named 'Goku Black' instead of Negro or Oscuro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom