• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

The dub director seems excited for Zamasu
PmSAB0n.jpg

And Mario Castañeda confirmed on his Twitter that Black will indeed be named 'Goku Black' instead of Negro or Oscuro

YES! I was afraid they'd ruin the name.

Alec

Regarding
SSG
:

Manga Spoilers for Chapter 22:
Vegeta uses SSG against SSR Black for it's superior speed and switches into SSB for a split second before each attack, then switches back to SSG to keep the speed up.

This seems much more likely than Goku using it to show the U6 Saiyans how to go Blue.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Please don't bring back SS3. Not really sure why he's going SS and SS2 in the tournament in the first place. We might see Caulifla go SS3 though.

Skii

SSJ3 is only good for the first moment Goku transformed into it. It's been absolute trash ever since.

Please don't bring back SS3. Not really sure why he's going SS and SS2 in the tournament in the first place. We might see Caulifla go SS3 though.

SSJ1 and 2 have a good power up/stamina drain efficiency. So it's wise to use that instead of SSB if you can get away with it.

Anth0ny

Bold prediction: Goten and Trunks will master the SSJ3 form while training against poachers, learning how to retain the form for the full 30 minutes of fusion without draining stamina.

Then, in a move of poetic brilliance by the writers, Gotenks will be the first character in Super to attain Super Saiyan 4. However, like Future Trunks and the USSJ form, Gotenks is unaware of the weaknesses of the form and is promptly schooled by base form Goku.

Bold prediction: Goten and Trunks will master the SSJ3 form while training against poachers, learning how to retain the form for the full 30 minutes of fusion without draining stamina.

Then, in a move of poetic brilliance by the writers, Gotenks will be the first character in Super to attain Super Saiyan 4. However, like Future Trunks and the USSJ form, Gotenks is unaware of the weaknesses of the form and is promptly schooled by base form Goku.

And that all happens in the hour or so that the team are away for the tournament.

I like you

Anth0ny

sIOO4VW.jpg

People still think GT is going away. *snickers*

wow that's insane. even the dragon ball z logo is gone in favor of super.

SSJ4 is definitely being introduced in Super after they do end of Z. It has way too much focus in marketing to continue to be attached to the GT brand.

Big One

Banned

SSJ4 is definitely being introduced in Super after they do end of Z. It has way too much focus in marketing to continue to be attached to the GT brand.
I don't mind the idea of SSJ4, I'm just unsure how they're going to make it viable compared to the god forms which are literally universe buster level forms. I'd love to see it as being an alternate transformation that some of the U6 Saiyans could utilize, but I dunno if I want it to be the next form after Blue or whatever is coming up in this arc.

caliph95

Pretty sure that's Toriyama decision since he writes the storyboard

There's literally no reason for SSJ4 to be introduced in the anime. SSJ4 doesn't NEED to be in the anime to get focus in the merchandising and bring money.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. This is literally just a thing for a card game.
There's less SSJ4 stuff now than there used to be, even Heroes barely uses the form these days.

Anth0ny

I don't mind the idea of SSJ4, I'm just unsure how they're going to make it viable compared to the god forms which are literally universe buster level forms. I'd love to see it as being an alternate transformation that some of the U6 Saiyans could utilize, but I dunno if I want it to be the next form after Blue or whatever is coming up in this arc.

"Viability" has never stopped this franchise. They're not going to stop having transformations just because the current forms are universe buster level.

SSJ4 will be stronger than Blue.

Then the next arc will start and the new form they introduce will be stronger than SSJ4.

and it keeps going. and they keep selling toys.

There's literally no reason for SSJ4 to be introduced in the anime. SSJ4 doesn't NEED to be in the anime to get focus in the merchandising and bring money.

If anything, merchandising is exactly why (GT) SS4 will likely never end up in Super: they want to merchandise the shit out of everything, so they'd rather make a new form.

I guess there's still room for U6 SS4 forms, but eh.

Big One

Banned
Nobody thinks it's going away, it's just going to remain a merchandise thing and all in all GT gets very little focus in merchandise.
I think you're underestimating the marketing for GT. "Very little" is inaccurate especially since one of the major go-to forms for stuff like Dragon Ball Heroes is SSJ4. For example in the whole Demon Realm storyline Heroes/Xenoverse has had, we've never seen any of the original character variants for it like Xeno: Goku utilize the god forms, but we've seen Xeno:Broli with SSJ4 already, with the exception of Beat aka the Saiyan avatar who has SSJ God.

GT's assets are marketable because they're insanely popular. TOEI is never going to fully erase that when it's literally instant profits for them. We may never see these assests utilized in Super, but this mentality that GT is the Dragon Ball version of the Star Wars Holiday Special is completely ignoring the reality of what the series means to the franchise.

I think you're underestimating the marketing for GT. "Very little" is inaccurate especially since one of the major go-to forms for stuff like Dragon Ball Heroes is SSJ4. For example in the whole Demon Realm storyline Heroes/Xenoverse has had, we've never seen any of the original character variants for it like Xeno: Goku utilize the god forms, but we've seen Xeno:Broli with SSJ4 already, with the exception of Beat aka the Saiyan avatar who has SSJ God.

GT's assets are marketable because they're insanely popular. TOEI is never going to fully erase that when it's literally instant profits for them.

It's not inaccurate, GT gets little focus, Z and Super get far more.
Heroes has put much less focus on SSJ4 recently. Heroes doesn't do any what-if stuff with Super, probably because it's still running.

Big One

Banned
Don't they still follow Toriyama outline
Toriyama allowed a Broli tribute as well as a Lord Luud and General Rilldo tribute in this arc, so really all bets are off when it comes to utilizing stuff from the non-canon material. it really wouldn't be out of place or strange if they reintroduced SSJ4 as a form Saiyans can have under a different name like they did with LSSJ. SSJ4 forms are just as popular as Broli is, if not more popular considering any Saiyan can attain it which = free money.

Anth0ny

I wish Toei/Banpresto/Bandai or whoever could publish actual numbers on what cards sets sell the most, what figures sell the most, what video game DLC sells the most... because with the way they push SSJ4, I'd figure it's the most popular SSJ form, at least in Japan.

GKyZmi.jpg

Even 17 can't escape the clickbaits smh

oh myyyy goooooooooddddddd

Buu has to be awake at least once a year to make Mr. Satan win the world tournaments.
dammit

that's retconned to it being Beerus in a Buu outfit a la Monaka
Why wouldn't they localize it to the language and call Ne-

Oh

I doubt that's the real reason
In a following tweet he said it was Toei's decision so maybe they want to keep the name international? :p
I wish they changed Bills back to Beerus tho

Big One

Banned
GKyZmi.jpg

Even 17 can't escape the clickbaits smh
17 is going to absorb some killed U3 fighters and gain an upgraded form ala Cell. BOOK IT TORIYAMA!!

Toriyama will debut his new Perfect 17 design and it's just regular 17 in a different shirt or something.

I wish Toei/Banpresto/Bandai or whoever could publish actual figures on what cards sets sell the most, what figures sell the most, what video game DLC sells the most... because with the way they push SSJ4, I'd figure it's the most popular SSJ form, at least in Japan.

SSJ4 doesn't recieve anywhere near the push that regular, 3 and Blue get. SSJ4 figures are few and far between and Xeno SSJ4 Broly is going to be the first SSJ4 card in a Super Heroes main set since the first set.

Eylos

Banned
dammit

In a following tweet he said it was Toei's decision so maybe they want to keep the name international? :p
In ptbr is Bills, Goku Black, Haikai, hit.

caliph95

dammit

Toei aware of the trolls probably

In seriousness I wonder why

Big One

Banned
The reason is likely they're just trying to keep name purity. In Japanese it isn't "Goku Kuro" it's "Goku Black" in straight English. Just like how Cell isn't "Saibou" it's just "Cell" in English.

Skii

I'm also still questioning how far his involvement this arc even goes.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if his entire outline is:

- multi-universe tournament
- Frieza is a member of U7
- Jiren
- Goku gets a new form

That's probably it lol.

HeroR

SS3 is an unnatural form that drains way too much stamina, it probably doesn't even grant that much of a power-up.

Super Saiyan 3 was never called unnatural and it is a 4x multiplier from Super Saiyan 2. It's stronger than Super Saiyan 2 that is only a 2x multiplier from Super Saiyan.

Sephzilla

SSJ3 would have been good to keep around for when Goku would need a short strength power up instead of using one of the more balanced forms. But since Kaioken is back, that serves that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom