• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work

I love Ultimate Gohan but this makes me think this first gi was really underused. At least it got a movie appearance in Broly Second Coming I guess.

Every Gohan gi that isn't Goku's is underused

At least Broly Second Coming gave us some more blue suit Gohan.

tumblr_oj6q4wwqEU1sxfvy5o1_500.gif

For how bad the movie is, The Family Kamehamaha is hype as hell.

0MPjJF.gif

Slaythe

How come we cant have Goten and Trunks doing stuff in the show like they do in some of the movies

They decided to give something to the characters that were introduced years before them instead.

They'll have their turn. I can't care about the kid versions of Goten and Trunks anymore anyway they ruined them. So I'm looking forward the teen versions.

They decided to give something to the characters that were introduced years before them instead.

They'll have their turn. I can't care about the kid versions of Goten and Trunks anymore anyway they ruined them. So I'm looking forward the teen versions.

You can do stuff with all of them.

Oregano

Trunks was introduced before the Androids technically.

Slaythe

You can do stuff with all of them.

Lol, as if we didn't come out years of Goku Vegeta show. I'll be content with what we have now, hopefully they keep expending and improving it. Goten and Trunks will get more development once they reach the teen state IMO. They actively went out of their ways to waste Goten and Trunks as kids, I don't see them improving those now that we are very close to a time skip.

Trunks was introduced before the Androids technically.

I wouldn't call an infant that had 0 lines of dialogue "a character". Present Trunks got his character nailed down in the buu saga obviously. And anyway, they wouldn't do something with Trunks while ignoring Goten entirely.

Lol, as if we didn't come out years of Goku Vegeta show. I'll be content with what we have now, hopefully they keep expending and improving it. Goten and Trunks will get more development once they reach the teen state IMO. They actively went out of their ways to waste Goten and Trunks as kids, I don't see them improving those now that we are very close to a time skip.
Yea sure
tumblr_ouar3jACjL1r2hy3ro2_500.gif

tumblr_ooikn6VJOI1w3p557o1_500.gif

tumblr_oohhjjaeZD1sxrzx2o1_500.gif

I wonder why

Slaythe

I wonder why

Look back at the U6 tournament and FnF.

Are you gonna tell me how they're handling the cast isn't way better now ? And sure it's far from perfect, but it's still a huge step in the right direction.

I'm sure Goten and Trunks will be next, so no worries dude.

I just feel like they ruined the kids versions. So let's look forward the teen versions.

She looks like fused Zamasu.

Slaythe

The ruined roshi and look now everybody loves the guy again

Roshi is the same he's always been. It's just refreshing people's memories and fixing his character flaws. Exactly like 17 and Gohan actually.

Goten and Trunks are on the verge of getting new states, after years of being wasted as kids. Not the same.

Morlas

Roshi is the same he's always been. It's just refreshing people's memories and fixing his character flaws. Exactly like 17 actually and Gohan actually.

Goten and Trunks are on the verge of getting new states, after years of being wasted as kids. Not the same.

what are you talking about he conquered his worldly desires to be a contributing member of the team

Slaythe

what are you talking about he conquered his worldly desires to be a contributing member of the team

Which is "fixing his character flaws"......

Roshi => make him less pervy

Gohan => make him stop kidding around (ok might need a bit more work there ;o )

17 => make him be more collected and less rash (I think we have yet to see him in difficulty so we'll see how that goes :p )

They addressed the major character flaw they had, but otherwise they're the exact same characters. Just stronger.

Goten and Trunks' flaws can all be summed up by "they're kids" and they're about to grow up... So yeah.

Gohan got character development and he was younger than they were they simply don’t kno what to do with them

Gohan and Future Trunks for that matter were kids pushed into the deep end of the pool when they didn't know how to swim. They HAD to keep up.

Trunks and Goten live a life of luxury in comparison. The world relied on Trunks and Goten once and they still goofed off for half of it. The pressure isn't on them anymore so it's hard to say what to do with them when they're surrounded by so many other characters.

At best, you can have something serious go down while everyone else is off the planet. I'd be up for that.

HeroR

The point is that the voice seems more suited to when Champa plays a more adversarial role. As the show has progressed, he's become much more comical, goofy, and sly. When some of the funnier Champa moments come along, Champa's voice will seem out of character to me. The Japanese voice actor seems more on point to the character.

Probably because you really don’t know what he’s saying compared to being verse in English.

Morlas

Champa always came off to me as a whiny asshole in the jp version and he sounds like that in english too so i think they nailed it tbh

HeroR

Just gonna have to disagree with you guys about english frost, sounds like the slimy rat he is to me

That’s how I feel. The Japanese version is Frieza’s voice trying to be nice before he drops it. I remembered fans not liking them doing this.

Cabba's English voice was a pleasant surprised. He's got a confidence behind him that I never got from the JPN version that I never detected. Basically gave me something I didn't know I wanted.

I am telling you guys, Cabba is a whole hell of a lot stronger than you guys are thinking. He's hiding something huge. Yes, he may not have super saiyan blue, but he has likely become stronger in ways that people simply aren't expecting. He may have some interesting techniques that will allow him to punch way above his weight.

Same, some of the voices are fine, but some of the decisions and the voice direction rub me the wrong way. Doesn't help that they keep missing the point of certain lines either.
I'm not a fan of the dub honestly, feels like a step down from their Kai dub.

I love Matt Mercer and I'm totally fine with his Hit, I just wish he tried to do a bit of an older voice like the Japanese VA.

Matt Mercer sounds good, I think of he added just a bit of rasp to the voice it would be great, but he hasn't really said anything beyond two lines yer

*Shrugged*

Personally the Super dub shits on the Kai dub. Then again, I never was the bigger fan of the Kai dub.

Kai dub is ok, my biggest issue with it is kid Gohan not being Stephanie nadolny, and justin cook now being terrible as super buu

I am a bigger fan of the original funi fun though even if it isn't as accurate (with the exception of Chris ayres as freeza)

LatAm didn't even change Magetta, they left "Choo-po!".

https://youtu.be/h2UVwSOjstU

They knew you don't mess with perfection

That english Frost... yikes.

He actually has a dubbed voice (Osvaldo Trejo Rodríguez), he did a great job. Props to the dub for being faithful to the dialogue and character

LatAm knows what's up

Honestly don't mind Frost too much, he's no ryusei nakao, but he sounds like freeza lite, which is basically what he is lol

I love how some people are complaining that the voice isn't trying to sound exactly like the Japanese dub, despite the fact our main character has
for the better
been doing just as different a voice for even longer.

I'm reminded how the Persona 4 dub changed Kuma to Teddie and replaced him saying his name all the time with bear puns.

The pressure isn't on them anymore so it's hard to say what to do with them when they're surrounded by so many other characters.

At best, you can have something serious go down while everyone else is off the planet. I'd be up for that.

Or they could just do what something like what those movies did.

I love how some people are complaining that the voice isn't trying to sound exactly like the Japanese dub, despite the fact our main character has
for the better
been doing just as different a voice for even longer.

I'm reminded how the Persona 4 dub changed Kuma to Teddie and replaced him saying his name all the time with bear puns.
For me, at least, I never watched the subs until super,so all the characters from z I already know and have become fond of their voices

In super, I am being introduced to the u6 characters, etc in Japanese, so I already know their voices, so when I hear their voice in English for the first time, naturally I will compare it to the voice I heard for that character previously

E: it was the same when I started super, I compared the jp cast to the English cast. After watching jp super for so long, I've started to prefer it to the dub

Morlas

The only character that I think I might prefer the jp version for might be Black but that's only because Nozawa did it so perfectly

caliph95

The only character that I think I might prefer the jp version for might be Black but that's only because Nozawa did it so perfectly
We never even heard black to be fair

Though I will always prefer Sean for Goku her black was amazing and would be hard to top

Rest of the dub cast is fine for me

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gohan got character development and he was younger than they were they simply don’t kno what to do with them

Trunks and Gotten aren't in that situation. If Goku and Vegeta had stayed dead then they'd have had room to develop, but that didn't happen. Goku and Vegeta take up all the story real estate, unless they get sidelined for an arc they'll wind up stealing the show somehow.

Trunks and Gotten aren't in that situation. If Goku and Vegeta had stayed dead then they'd have had room to develop, but that didn't happen. Goku and Vegeta take up all the story real estate, unless they get sidelined for an arc they'll wind up stealing the show somehow.
I guess that’s why I hold z in a higher regard in a sense goku was taken out of the picture at some point every arc and it gave the others major developments and stuff to do, yet goku still saved the day as the main character so it was a win win.

caliph95

I guess that’s why I hold z in a higher regard in a sense goku was taken out of the picture at some point every arc and it gave the others major developments and stuff to do, yet goku still saved the day as the main character so it was a win win.
Goku at least in TOP doesn't seem to be allowed not to appear and get involved most of the time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Toriyama knew he had to sideline Goku, and later on Vegeta, in order to give everyone else a part to play. I think the one thing Super does wrong is it doesn't recognize this and as a result it's constantly the Goku and Vegeta show. It did it for a hot minute in RoF, but not so much after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom