• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks real good

Nice job

woah that looks really nice!

Thanks, dudes!

Nice work

I love Ultimate Gohan but this makes me think this first gi was really underused. At least it got a movie appearance in Broly Second Coming I guess.

It was! That's why wanted to draw it even though I too appreciate Ultimate Gohan immensely. Maybe someday Super will decide to throwback to it, since they like doing that sort of thing.

Rutger

Banned
I still think after this special he’ll be sitting down for awhile if he doesn’t get knocked out
Maybe the others gotta protect him while he recoups
I wouldn't be surprise, but I still expect at least one cutaway to Goku thinking "I really wish I could be healed up already and fight more!" every episode while he is out of play.
Toriyama knew he had to sideline Goku, and later on Vegeta, in order to give everyone else a part to play. I think the one thing Super does wrong is it doesn't recognize this and as a result it's constantly the Goku and Vegeta show. It did it for a hot minute in RoF, but not so much after that.

Yep, it's the biggest problem with Super so far for me. It doesn't realize how important Goku being out of focus at times in Z was. This arc has done a decent job of remembering that Dragon Ball's ensemble cast is a major part of its appeal, but it still has a way to go.

Morlas

Next arc Goku and Vegeta are training on Beerus world when Cabba and Caulifla arrive on Earth and head to capsule corp where Gohan is training Goten and Trunks. Cabba asks for Goku and Vegeta's help and Gohan informs them they're not there. Caulifla is like whatever pretty boy you'll do and proceeds to drag Gohan with them. Goten and Trunks wanna come and despite Gohan and Cabba's objections Caulifla is like sure the more the merrier. boom arc with kids

Next arc Goku and Vegeta are training on Beerus world when Cabba and Caulifla arrive on Earth and head to capsule corp where Gohan is training Goten and Trunks. Cabba asks for Goku and Vegeta's help and Gohan informs them they're not there. Caulifla is like whatever pretty boy you'll do and proceeds to drag Gohan with them. Goten and Trunks wanna come and despite Gohan and Cabba's objections Caulifla is like sure the more the merrier. boom arc with kids
I’m ok with this I’m guessing they’ll be heading to uni6 in this scenario?

I am telling you guys, Cabba is a whole hell of a lot stronger than you guys are thinking. He's hiding something huge. Yes, he may not have super saiyan blue, but he has likely become stronger in ways that people simply aren't expecting. He may have some interesting techniques that will allow him to punch way above his weight.

bless you senjutsusage

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

This sounds fun.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I am telling you guys, Cabba is a whole hell of a lot stronger than you guys are thinking. He's hiding something huge. Yes, he may not have super saiyan blue, but he has likely become stronger in ways that people simply aren't expecting. He may have some interesting techniques that will allow him to punch way above his weight.

He gonna have whatever Gohan is aspiring to right now and Gohan will look up to and become a clingon to Cabba.

Shush you
tenor.gif

tumblr_o8uhqqilvC1qcgo5lo1_500.gif

Replace goku and vegeta for cabba,kale and califia
Add gohan we good to go

Skeeter49

Are we protecting him

I think Kale being the one to help Cabba would be the more interesting thing, and it would actually show her developing since she got her new form.

Realistically though it'll be Vegeta helping Cabba. :(

Vegeta-Laughing-On-Earth-After-The-Battle-With-Frieza-On-Dragon-Ball-Z.gif

Red Fire

Okay so i finally caught up after months (years?). After Return of F it really hooked me! The trunks/zamasu arc became one of my favorite arcs ever. It was just GREAT. Future trunks has always been my favorite character so I'm a little biased. I know some people didn't like the ending here but it was perfect to me. That genkidama sword was awesome. The feelings.

The recent arc is great too. Loved Roshi especially. Also i really love the new artstyle that started with the recent arc (and with the new opening). It looks gorgeous.

What i really like about Super is Vegeta's character development. I was never on the Vegeta train in Z or GT, i disliked him. But in Super i actually do really like him.
On the other hand i don't like the route they're taking with Goku. He was not THIS stupid in OG dragonball or Z, he was just not educated and kinda careless. They take that to the extreme lately, i need more serious goku.

Besides those i really love gohan, piccolo and recently 17. Krillin too. And i love that tien became a sensei. And fuck yamcha haters! He used to be my favorite character when i was a child lol. I also think that GT had some cool ideas and designs so I'm no hater.

I hope that this arc has gohan as the main character. I was pretty sure that would actually happen but then there's the new goku form so I don't know

I wished they would make piccolo relevant again though. He became too much of a joke character. Go and fuse with some namekians please.

Skeeter49

You know what I want?
I want Goku to get the new form, and then just jump off the stage, disqualifying himself.

Just go, "I got my new form, thanks Jiren, I got everything I wanted."

Califia will offer to train them first since no one else will
She'll teach him the red beam, which Goten will combine with his Kamehameha, so now when he uses the Kamehameha it's stronger and red, like 10 times stronger.

I'll start liking Jiren if he just completely no sells Gok's new form. Like he gets his new form with music blaring and everyone including Zeno(s) is in awe and then Jiren just immediately dogs the shit out of him. Don't be like Beerus where he made SSG look strong even though he using like 1% of power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This could be a cool arc.

caliph95

I'll start liking Jiren if he just completely no sells Gok's new form. Like he gets his new form with music blaring and everyone including Zeno(s) is in awe and then Jiren just immediately dogs the shit out of him. Don't be like Beerus where he made SSG look strong even though he using like 1% of power.
So he should Aizen it

I will forgive everything in this arc if that happens

Jiren is like cool and beats the shit out of him

Ashodin

ED Theory: With Gohan and Goku at the end together, but Goku messed up, I think
Goku gets knocked out the rest of the tournament and Hit takes out Jiren with him, leaving Gohan to take out Toppo as the rest get knocked out. I also predict Universe 6 and 7 will have the same members left and both win.

NeonZ

Harder to get away with blood at the time slot Super airs.
One Piece airs right after it and has blood though. Kamen Rider is a live action show and used to air before it (although at a different channel) and it has blood sometimes.

I'd guess it's mostly because it was intended for international distribution from the start and they know blood is a problematic issue for tv exhibition in most countries nowadays.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay so i finally caught up after months (years?). After Return of F it really hooked me! The trunks/zamasu arc became one of my favorite arcs ever. It was just GREAT. Future trunks has always been my favorite character so I'm a little biased. I know some people didn't like the ending here but it was perfect to me. That genkidama sword was awesome. The feelings.

The recent arc is great too. Loved Roshi especially. Also i really love the new artstyle that started with the recent arc (and with the new opening). It looks gorgeous.

What i really like about Super is Vegeta's character development. I was never on the Vegeta train in Z or GT, i disliked him. But in Super i actually do really like him.
On the other hand i don't like the route they're taking with Goku. He was not THIS stupid in OG dragonball or Z, he was just not educated and kinda careless. They take that to the extreme lately, i need more serious goku.

Besides those i really love gohan, piccolo and recently 17. Krillin too. And i love that tien became a sensei. And fuck yamcha haters! He used to be my favorite character when i was a child lol. I also think that GT had some cool ideas and designs so I'm no hater.

I hope that this arc has gohan as the main character. I was pretty sure that would actually happen but then there's the new goku form so I don't know

I wished they would make piccolo relevant again though. He became too much of a joke character. Go and fuse with some namekians please.

Piccolo has been really underused it feels like... As for Goku's new thing, if they're pulling that card this early then there's a chance it won't work/last.

Kyzer

Banned

That's not an arc, it's a whole amazing spinoff in a universe where saiyans are heroic

Zubz

Banned
I really hope we get a big thing with those U6 Namekians. Piccolo has been consistently screwed over this entire series so far. He needs his own story. They should bring back King Piccol, honestly.

There's nothing wrong with wanting for your favorite character to get shine.

Don't worry, you'll eat sooner or later.

I'm still waiting on my end...

0.jpg

Granted, I also really like 17 so it's not a total wash.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

If that was the ending it would be much better.

I really hope we get a big thing with those U6 Namekians. Piccolo has been consistently screwed over this entire series so far. He needs his own story. They should bring back King Piccol, honestly.

I'm still waiting on my end...

0.jpg

Granted, I also really like 17 so it's not a total wash.

Episode 89 wasn't clear enough?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom