• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Oh right, U3 robots. They could merge as well, at least they have potential. Also, a good time to get screen time for androids.

I do wonder what will eliminate 17 and 18? I have no clue what could make them fall.

Skii

If the birth of a new warrior is one of the U6 saiyans, this arc goes back down to shit tier again

Don't do it, Toei,

Skeeter49

Oh right, U3 robots. They could merge as well, at least they have potential. Also, a good time to get screen time for androids.

I do wonder what will eliminate 17 and 18? I have no clue what could make them fall.

17's tricky, because they've set him up as someone who isn't going to let his guard down. He'll have to be overpowered.

I fear for 18. Krillin went out like a bitch, and 18 already let her guard down once.

If the birth of a new warrior is one of the U6 saiyans, this arc goes back down to shit tier again

Don't do it, Toei,
How dare they
develop U6 characters.

NeonZ

U3 and U4 were unusually calm during some of the jiren fight, so I guess they're gonna be dangerous at some point ?

U4 probably has the mortal stronger than a GoD.

And U3 some super powerful robot.

Regarding U3, Catopesra has form changes according to his bio, so there's that too.

NeonZ

Black arc still suffered from carrying some songs from the early ones even if they were generally better used. The current soundtrack is mostly new aside from the Super Saiyan God/Blue theme and the show benefits from it.

Yeah, pls not the U6 Saiyans again. The show has enough of them as is. They had their time in the spotlight, now please someone ring them out. Let it be the U3 robots so they at least had some right to be there.
The Namekians can take over for U6 from here on out.

#teamNamek

Skeeter49

I think one U6 saiyan will make it to the end.

Namekians will have a good moment, I'm sure of it.

Or I'm wrong a lot, and I just doomed The Nameks.

NeonZ

Are you serious? It's clearly just another
Broly wanking form for Kale.

It'd mean three straight episodes focused on the U6 Saiyans, and considering what we've seen so far I don't think that's happening.

We have a mystery "new warrior" described as such in two different sources, I think it's a lot of wishful thinking that they actually mean a new form for someone like Kale.

Also, what new Broly form? She already showed both a more standard one and the buff one. They aren't going to give her SSJ4.

Skeeter49

Are you serious? It's clearly just another
Broly wanking form for Kale.
Unless it's
Bio Kale
How would a new
form be Broly wanking? Broly only had the forms we've seen from Kale, any new form wouldn't be a Broly form unless it's an evolution of LSSJ, which would be completely new.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous in this thread, the hate for U6 saiyans or the hate for Goku.

Probably the latter, but the former is pretty amusing nonetheless when I recall some of the complaints. I think it's becoming increasingly clear that the Saiyans and Hit are likely gonna be a part of the extended cast lol

Maybe the Namekians too if we're lucky

kunonabi

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous in this thread, the hate for U6 saiyans or the hate for Goku.

The U6 Saiyans easily. The writers' obsession with Goku has actively hurt other characters and storylines time and time again.

Dorky pants and making Broly's design worth a damn is nothing to complain about.

Gin-Shiio

Definitely the former. A lot of people call them bad fanfic material, then proceed to theorize about Jiren's magic eye powers and the big plot twist this arc has in store, because Dragon Ball is so well known for those.

Probably the latter, but the former is pretty amusing nonetheless when I recall some of the complaints. I think it's becoming increasingly clear that the Saiyans and Hit are likely gonna be a part of the extended cast lol

Maybe the Namekians too if we're lucky
Man it took us this long to see those Namekians do something, even longer to know they exist and are on the U6 team.

They'll fight for like two episodes, job to a character moment, probably Piccolo, then sit at the back seat for the rest of the arc.

HeroR

The U6 Saiyans easily. The writers' obsession with Goku has actively hurt other characters and storylines time and time again.

Dorky pants and making Broly's design worth a damn is nothing to complain about.

So the writers are obsessed with the main character who started the entire story arc.

.....How dare they.

Rutger

Banned
So the writers are obsessed with the main character who started the entire story arc.

.....How dare they.

If the story arc was just about Goku then that would have been fine, but this arc has been focused on DB's ensemble cast from its promotion material to its setup, it has wasted some of its potential already with how it treated characters like Krillin, Buu, and Tenshinhan.

Besides, it's not like further exploring other characters could ever be a bad thing.

If the story arc was just about Goku then that would have been fine, but this arc has been focused on DB's ensemble cast from its promotion material to its setup, it has wasted some of its potential already with how it treated characters like Krillin, Buu, and Tenshinhan.

Besides, it's not like further exploring other characters along with Goku could ever be a bad thing.

goku is most definitely the star of this arc

just because it's an ensemble cast deosn't mean that goku isn't the primary focus of the arc

Real Hero

I really don't think this arc has overlay focused on goku in a negative way. They have nailed Krillin (pre tournament), Gohan, 17 and Roshi and Freeza this arc. That's most of the main fighters. Who cares about Tien

HeroR

Besides, it's not like further exploring other characters could ever be a bad thing.

This story arc is at its heart about Goku. He caused the situation (better or worse), he chose the team and recruited them, he’s friends with Zen’o, and he’s the one who now has a power the gods fears. This arc has been centered around Goku since the beginning just like how Trunks was the center last arc.

The secondary characters are just that, secondary characters. The closest person to being Goku’s equal this arc was Gohan and he dropped after the TOP started.

We also did explore the other characters, especially 17, Gohan, and Roshi. Only Tien and so far Piccolo got the short stick.

NZerker12

The new Super Warrior should be SSJ Rage Caulifla. Kale has been getting a lot of the spotlight lately and even has a stronger form, its only fair Caulifla gets some love too.

Especially when she is best girl.

LNBL

DLt0EydUQAAXT4b.jpg:large

I found it interesting that Vegeta didn’t even pull that face when Goku went UI, he didn’t go crazy like previous occasions in which Goku went a step up.

HeroR

like somebody saying "that's our.." or "good going..." to any given (x) character

Oh, like ‘My Boy’ or ‘Our Boy’.

Seriously, I can’t read this phase without laughing after a thread on Kanzenshuu.

Lmao that's funny because Cabba is the one that will get SS rage.

If this happens along with Cabba ringing out Frieza, I’m all for it just so I can see the internet explode. It would be Cali getting Blue outrage.

Rutger

Banned
goku is most definitely the star of this arc

just because it's an ensemble cast deosn't mean that goku isn't the primary focus of the arc

This story arc is at its heart about Goku. He caused the situation (better or worse) he chose the team and recruited them, he’s friends with Zen’o, and he’s the one who now has a power the gods fears. This arc has been centered around Goku since the beginning just like how Trunks was the center last arc.

The secondary characters are just that, secondary characters. The closest person to being Goku’s equal this arc was Gohan and dropped after the TOP started.

I didn't say that Goku shouldn't be the main focus.

I'm saying that this arc has poorly handled its ensemble cast. Goku may have started it but it doesn't matter too much(especially since the arc isn't willing to do a lot with that detail anyways), everyone has a very good reason for being in this fight and to get some focus.

I simply want to see DBS evolve its storytelling.

Slaythe

I'm streamlining it like that :

He learned to enter God Mode, base = ssjgod, super saiyan = ssjblue.

And now he just tapped into a new way to use ki, which uses his base form and amplifies him, modifying it a bit visually. We don't know if he can stack SSJ on that, the UI is unrelated to Saiyan forms, so that's a good thing.

HeroR

I didn't say that Goku shouldn't be the main focus.

I'm saying that this arc has poorly handled its ensemble cast. Goku may have started it but it doesn't matter too much(especially since the arc isn't willing to do a lot with that detail anyways), everyone has a very good reason for being in this fight and to get some focus.

I simply want to see DBS evolve its storytelling.

Not seeing how this arc poorly handled the cast when you compare it to every story arc in Dragon Ball. When was the last time Roshi and 17 were important and Gohan finally learning from his previous failings. Not to mention how Frieza is being used. You can say Tien, Piccolo, and even 18 weren’t handle well, but it’s a stretched to say the entire cast has been handled poorly.

Goku started everything did have consequences since that’s the reason everyone keeps attacking U7.

no i mean like in the show

Never noticed actually.

I-hate-u

Cabba is the worst of U6 and Kale is right behind him. Dude has no personality, so I understand the deserved hate. His best moment so far in the series was being a jobber to the prince of jobbers himself.

Caulifula has at least some spunk to her so she fares better imo.

Ryoku

I get the feeling at times that some of you don't understand the concept of a main character. It's fine to give attention to other characters--i get that. But Goku is the main character, and I get confused why sometimes some of you get annoyed at him getting the spotlight.

Top Bottom