• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

M.D

Cabba is the worst of U6 and Kale is right behind him. Dude has no personality, so I understand the deserved hate. His best moment so far in the series was being a jobber to the prince of jobbers himself.

Caulifula has at least some spunk to her so she fares better imo.

I-hate-u

I'm streamlining it like that :

He learned to enter God Mode, base = ssjgod, super saiyan = ssjblue.

And now he just tapped into a new way to use ki, which uses his base form and amplifies him, modifying it a bit visually. We don't know if he can stack SSJ on that, the UI is unrelated to Saiyan forms, so that's a good thing.

What about SSJ2 or 3?

HeroR

Cabba is the worst of U6 and Kale is right behind him. Dude has no personality, so I understand the deserved hate. His best moment so far in the series was being a jobber to the prince of jobbers himself.

O his best moment was ringing out two people without trying in base form. And I never understand how a ‘lack of a personality’ means you deserve hate since if they lack a personality, you’re really hating anything.

I get the feeling at times that some of you don't understand the concept of a main character. It's fine to give attention to other characters--i get that. But Goku is the main character, and I get confused why sometimes some of you get annoyed at him getting the spotlight.

It’s mostly Z’s fault. There, Goku wasn’t so much of a main character, but a plot device who was sideline until Toriyama’s was ready to end the arc. Before that, all the characters got to ‘shine’ when they really accomplish nothing except hold the line and wait for Goku outside the Namek Saga and Gohan being the hero of the Cell Games.

Slaythe

What about SSJ2 or 3?

3 is beyond worthless.

I have no idea what to make of 2. This should not be "a form", this should just be full powered SSJ. It was never mentioned it had any drawback over SSJ1. But since SSJ1 is too iconic they kinda phased out SSJ2 for a while, and now they're bringing it back for some reason.

I-hate-u

She is so bland in her base form, and her best bits in the transformed form are all from Broly.

I personally like Broly so I don't mind Kale, but others don't.

O his best moment was ringing out two people without trying in base form. And I never understand how a ‘lack of a personality’ means you deserve hate since if they lack a personality, you’re really hating anything.

A much better moment than knocking out 2 randoms from a bottom feeder universe.

Saiyans are revered by fans, so having 0 personality saiyans is gonna piss people off.

Alec

B...blockhead...

LotusHD

Banned

I agree, making fun of Cabba for his limited screentime, as well as the fact that he's being outshined by Cauli and Kale, is one thing, but what has he really done that "deserves hate" lmao

He's just there. It's not all that different from people not liking Jiren until last week, we're just waiting for him to finally do something.

I get the feeling at times that some of you don't understand the concept of a main character. It's fine to give attention to other characters--i get that. But Goku is the main character, and I get confused why sometimes some of you get annoyed at him getting the spotlight.

This. Not to say that they couldn't do a better job... I guess (Though frankly, clearly not everyone will be satisfied), but when you get to the point where Goku being absent in an episode makes you rate it higher, it seems pretty silly...

Espada

O his best moment was ringing out two people without trying in base form. And I never understand how a ‘lack of a personality' means you deserve hate since if they lack a personality, you're really hating anything.

Yeah, I honestly don't know how people are working themselves up to hating, the U6 saiyans. To me they're just "eh"-tier right now. We've had fun episodes with 17, Frieza, Roshi, and Vegeta's moments here and there, hell even Ribrianne has been amusing. That's why I'm not really looking forward to two, potentially three episodes of characters whose dynamics and personalities aren't as entertaining as that.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I honestly don't know how people are working themselves up to hating, the U6 saiyans. To me they're just "eh"-tier right now. We've had fun episodes with 17, Frieza, Roshi, and Vegeta's moments here and there, hell even Ribrianne has been amusing. That's why I'm not really looking forward to two, potentially three episodes of characters whose dynamics and personalities aren't as entertaining as that.

Why you lie

I-hate-u

Ribrianne over stayed her welcome for 2 episodes now. Her potential amounted to nothing, I don't understand why she was promoted like she was in the media.

Espada

Why you lie

I'm not lying, I applaud them for bringing in someone that's very different from what we normally get in the series.

Also, thank you Real Hero. She's simply a fun character to see bouncing off of other personalities, and one of my favorite moments was the dynamic between her and 17 (with some Toppo mixed in).

HeroR

Ribrianne over stayed her welcome for 2 episodes now. Her potential amounted to nothing, I don't understand why she was promoted like she was in the media.

I personally like Ribrianne along with her fights with 17 and Goku, and the fact she drives the fan base crazy makes her even better. I hope she keeps outlasting fan-favorites for the salt factor.

Slaythe

I initially enjoyed Brianne, then got annoyed and thought she overstayed her welcome, but thinking back, I find it hilarious how irritating she became. They don't have many "troll" characters.

I'll allow her to live a little longer, until she crosses path with 17 again.

Anth0ny

what is this madness?

she's not even trying yet bro. ribrianne is about to fuck all of our shit up. from behind. with sudden love.

I-hate-u

she's fun

I personally like Ribrianne along with her fights with 17 and Goku, and the fact she drives the fan base crazy makes her even better. I hope she keeps outlasting fan-favorites for the salt factor.

Yeah but we all expect a powerhouse warrior that can pose a thread to U7 besides Hit and Jiren, not someone who get pushed around by base Goku.

My problem is that U7 is too damn strong for there to be a real sense of tension besides Jiren. Pride Troopers, U2 love fighters, and Frost were all hyped going in by they all flopped.

Swarna

U6 saiyans all have that string bean physique and goofy faces. They're just drawn badly, like they're from a different cartoon entirely. It's not hard to dislike them even if they end up having the best personalities in the world or something.

I think I would really like Cabba if he got to do something worthwile for a change. I like the Vegeta-Cabba relationship.

Right now I can only really joke about him.

As far as transformation go, I would hope Cabba goes the way Trunks went in the manga, so a SSJ2 pushed to it's limits. I was always a fan of the form and just enhancing it would be nice.

kitzkozan

Probably the latter, but the former is pretty amusing nonetheless when I recall some of the complaints. I think it's becoming increasingly clear that the Saiyans and Hit are likely gonna be a part of the extended cast lol

Maybe the Namekians too if we're lucky

The new saiyans don't have the luxury of being legacy characters which we learned to love or hate. :p Toei is imposing them to the fanbase and it will piss off people.

Cabba is super strong in his base form, but look like a skinny geek so it piss people off lol. Kale being super weak in base form + female Broly trigger a good portion of the fanbase (sex change for a popular archetype rarely goes over well). Caulifla is skinny like Cabba and even stronger than him, doing what Goku and Vegeta needed years to accomplish.

They all need time to grow, just like with everybody else such as Piccolo jr. who certainly didn't become a fan favorite in a matter of weeks. Toei invested too much in the U6 characters to drop them at this point, so I wonder how they will integrate the regular cast past the tournament? I'm guessing U6 and U7 will fuse somehow following one of those godly figure going on a power trip or something.

I just don't get why some people want even more Saiyans for the main cast when we already have Goten and Trunks who have been sidelined for most of Super so far. Toriyama/ Toei should just make them relevant again instead of introducing even more Saiyans. Especially when one of them is a straight Broly copy devoid of any personality.

caliph95

Why you lie

I mean she has her amusing moments when she's not fighting then she's just boring other then Vegetables bailing on her because she's too creepy

Like I love the moment between her and Jiren that was hilarious but thought the Goku fight was a waste of time

Real Hero

I just don't get why some people want even more Saiyans for the main cast when we already have Goten and Trunks who have been sidelined for most of Super so far. Toriyama/ Toei should just make them relevant again instead of introducing even more Saiyans. Especially when one of them is a straight Broly copy devoid of any personality.
Nah, nah she has way more personality that trunks and goten.

Skeeter49

Because they're new characters. I'd rather Caulifla and Kale over Goku and Vegeta.

Besides, they could always do an arc where Caulifla and Kale train Goten and Trunks.

Slaythe

Nah, nah she has way more personality that trunks and goten.

I mean, the tapion movie gave Trunks about 350 times more character than Kale has.

And that didn't have a long run time. Sadly it's not canon anymore, but surely they could easily fix Goten and Trunks.

You’re about to get s bunch of excuses be warned. Fact is the u6 saiyans were introduced with the same concepts of goten and trunks 🤷🏽*♂️

kitzkozan

Kids can be very annoying, as we saw in the Buu saga. XD Trunk and Goten are still children so the less they are involved in big fights the better imo. Fans hated GT in part because of Goku "regressing" to his childish state. The U6 saiyans are adults and they have different body type and outlook given how they evolved, so I see the storytelling potential that they hold.

Keep investing in them Toei, ignore the naysayers. :p

BasilZero

Because they're new characters. I'd rather Caulifla and Kale over Goku and Vegeta.

Besides, they could always do an arc where Caulifla and Kale train Goten and Trunks.

No please. Caulifa is okay but kale is ugh.

I'd rather they make a separate spinoff to Dragon Ball Super and have Trunks and Goten go on a adventure which takes place druing the ToP Arc and afterwards.

Eventually leading all the way to End of Z.

Throw some time skips along the way and have Pan join the party too.

It'll be like Dragon Ball....but something else ;)

LotusHD

Banned

I don't want "more Saiyans", I just like who I like. I'm surprised Super actually introduced several new characters that I now care about, first beginning with Beerus, yet here we are with Beerus, Champa, Whis, Hit, Cauli, and hopefully more to come. Saying that I shouldn't like them or be tired of them simply because they're Saiyans is dumb to me. Not my fault Goten and Trunks aren't relevant or remotely as interesting to me anymore.

I'm not lying, I applaud them for bringing in someone that's very different from what we normally get in the series.

Also, thank you Real Hero. She's simply a fun character to see bouncing off of other personalities, and one of my favorite moments was the dynamic between her and 17 (with some Toppo mixed in).

It was more me saying I can't believe you find her more interesting than the U6 girls. I don't dislike Ribrianne nearly as much as a lot of people clearly do, but I wouldn't go that far. Anyways, just disappointed she isn't a behemoth strength-wise, but I guess her being a troll isn't so bad.

Skeeter49

What I like about Kale is she isn't a traditional saiyan. Like Hohan, they can go any route with her, while we know where Cabba, Caulifla and Vegeta are going to go next. Really the only way they could pull on the Broly train is Bio Kale, everything else has been done, Broly clone nonsense is tapped out.

With Caulifla I like the gang aspect, and want to see more of that post ToP.

LotusHD

Banned
The new saiyans don't have the luxury of being legacy characters which we learned to love or hate. :p Toei is imposing them to the fanbase and it will piss off people.

Cabba is super strong in his base form, but look like a skinny geek so it piss people off lol. Kale being super weak in base form + female Broly trigger a good portion of the fanbase (sex change for a popular archetype rarely goes over well). Caulifla is skinny like Cabba and even stronger than him, doing what Goku and Vegeta needed years to accomplish.

They all need time to grow, just like with everybody else such as Piccolo jr. who certainly didn't become a fan favorite in a matter of weeks. Toei invested too much in the U6 characters to drop them at this point, so I wonder how they will integrate the regular cast past the tournament? I'm guessing U6 and U7 will fuse somehow following one of those godly figure going on a power trip or something.

Nobody complained when they "imposed" Hit on us. The other universes are getting shafted in terms of character development, glad at least U6 is doing something on that front.

I don't want "more Saiyans", I just like who I like. I'm surprised Super actually introduced several new characters that I now care about, first beginning with Beerus, yet here we are with Beerus, Champa, Whis, Hit, Cauli, and hopefully more to come. Saying that I shouldn't like them or be tired of them simply because they're Saiyans is dumb to me. Not my fault Goten and Trunks aren't relevant or remotely as interesting to me anymore.

This is pretty much also where I'm at.

What I like about Kale is she isn't a traditional saiyan. Like Hohan, they can go any route with her, while we know where Cabba, Caulifla and Vegeta are going to go next.

Eh, not sure about that. There are a few Saiyans who went different routes, namely Gohan and Future Trunks.

Vegeta, sure, he's predictable. I'm not too sure about Cabba and Caulifla though.

Morlas

who could hate a character who instills so much fear in the heart of Cabba even before she's a super saiyan

f9b7498f6a98e857320bcf7bbdaac77232384da6_hq.gif

Skeeter49

I hope Frieza
narrates the NEP

This is pretty much also where I'm at.

Eh, not sure about that. There are a few Saiyans who went different routes, namely Gohan and Future Trunks.

Vegeta, sure, he's predictable. I'm not too sure about Cabba and Caulifla though.
True, but until that happens, we're left to assume they'll follow the path of Blue/ UI/ whatever Goku gets next.

I do think Caulifla will get Ikari, and then her future forms will mix in with that, but that remains to be seen.

mas8705

Honestly if we look at all the other universes participate in the tournament that isn't 6 7 or 11, it would be fair to say that Ribrianne is probably the most memorable out of all the fighters. It isn't saying much mind you considering circumstances, but at least we've seen her do something in comparison to U9 falling over dead in one episode and U10 getting picked off randomly. I can't even recall any fighters in U3 or U4 worth talking about while U2 at least has had some memorable characters (and one of them almost got brutally murdered by Frieza, so there's that. Hell, you'd think that Ribrianne would go after either 17 or especially Frieza after what happened. Going after Goku just feels silly if he hasn't really done anything as drastic as those two in comparison).

What is Ribrianne adding to the story at this point? Nothing, she just interrupts the thing you do want to see. Started great, but yeah, super overstayed her welcome.

who could hate a character who instills so much fear in the heart of Cabba even before she's a super saiyan

f9b7498f6a98e857320bcf7bbdaac77232384da6_hq.gif

No one in this gif comes off well.
But shoutout to Cabba tho.

Azerare

The new Super Warrior should be SSJ Rage Caulifla. Kale has been getting a lot of the spotlight lately and even has a stronger form, its only fair Caulifla gets some love too.

Especially when she is best girl.
But what about Cabba?! He needs a mystic Gohan/limit breaker esque boost

Top Bottom