• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

large.jpg
Geets will continue to defy gaf and survive.

I don't think Freeza is gonna go all evil on U7 before the tournament ends, in front of Beerus as well.

Afterwards though, all bets are off.

redfox088

Banned
Pretty much.

It's limiting for everything to revolve around the main character. Especially in a long running series.
DBZ did just fine with goku only being the focus of the main events. Piccolo and Gohan got the spotlight in saiyan saga. Krillin and gohannand vegeta in namek saga. All the saiyan s in android saga...Gohan in cell saga....and everyone in buu saga until the final stretch. Super has just been the goku show and honestly that was GTs biggest mistake as well.

Skeeter49

Why? They would make for more interesting fighting game characters that another guy doing the kameheha, this arc is a blessing for the games
I mean, for as much hate as they get.
Basil
Bergamo
Lavender
Ribrianne
Toppo
Dyspo
General
They all have solid movesets.

Krillin and 17 also got a lot of updated moves for future games.

Still waiting on the Caulifla moveset Toei.

caliph95

Why? They would make for more interesting fighting game characters that another guy doing the kameheha, this arc is a blessing for the games

Basil
Bergamo
Lavender
Ribrianne
Toppo

Say what you will about the characters they provide more unique movesets for games

HardRojo

Just saw some pics from today's episode. About time
for the U6 Namekians to properly show up. I guess they'll be fighting Gohan and Piccolo?

Morlas

Basil
Bergamo
Lavender
Ribrianne
Toppo
Dyspo
General

She's got her suplex and red beam so far and gut punch flurry

LotusHD

Banned
One Piece is actually the perfect example of this, though. A lot of crazy shit goes on without Luffy getting involved in it, even when it isn't his downtime ala the timeskip. Of course this is to blame for Oda wanting to cram in as much plot points as he possibly can to advance the story further, lol.

Yea, DBZ/DBS's thing for the most part is that everything just kind of happens to Goku and co. Namek's really the only time when they really went looking for trouble, as well as this arc since Goku did ask Zeno for the tournament. A threat to their livelihood or whatever happens, and they respond accordingly. And if they have to respond, then naturally Goku, their strongest fighter, is going to be a part of that. And when you factor in the fact that they can travel virtually anywhere (especially Goku with his Instant Transmission), as well as being able to sense power levels, there's pretty much no reason to sideline them, much less Goku. They are pretty much the only people on Earth worth caring about.

Until now really with other universes, introducing new GoDs, angels, and so on, most notably U6, there was no other prominent characters worth seeing, where the series "moves on" without Goku's involvement. Now that they're here, with us getting a particularly strong character in Hit, maybe they can hopefully mix it up more moving forward.

Goku could of course just be akin to Beerus, where he sits out a fight and lets someone else handle it, but now he's been increasingly characterized as someone that will do anything to fight a strong opponent, so it'd be out-of-character.

And the stronger Goku (and I guess Vegeta gets), the harder it is to justify going back to the days where everyone in the cast got a chance to fight someone relevant, barring exceptions like this arc where you had to go in with a team for the ToP. Like if in the next arc, we got Krillin or Piccolo taking down some random henchmen or w/e, it'd be cute and all, but meanwhile you're just waiting for the main event to begin, which is Goku or Vegeta fighting whoever. I mean, I guess a lot of us are pretty much ultimately okay with this (Like the Roshi episode for example had Roshi take down several irrelevant opponents, but it was still pretty hype nonetheless), but it is a little sad to think about.

Whereas with something like One Piece, while Luffy normally takes on the strongest antagonist, he isn't strong enough to the point that he can take down all of the underlings, prominent or not, as well; he needs his crew and/or allies to help him out. The gap in strength will never be that high, where you just occasionally wonder why anything not named Luffy even bothers. As a result, it makes it infinitely easier to come out of an arc feeling that the characters you've come to care all got a proper moment to shine. It's just one of the many long-term consequences of DBZ caring so much about power levels, while also basically not really giving a shit on making it so that the weaker members don't get completely left behind.

You just had to bring that up, didn't you.

Yes.

TreIII

I'll never forget Basil.

Bergamo and Lavender are pretty bland.

Lavender feels like he'd fit more in U4, I do like his poison ability, and his desire to kill.

Scratch it. Bergamo is trash. Lavender and Basil are aight.

Hey, say what you will about Bergamo, the good boy was the ONLY one who tried to get "universal elimination" off the table before the tournament itself started.

M.D

I'm telling you guys Jiren isn't going down fighting one on one its gonna be a saiyan team up that brings him down
Can't be sure if it's everyone tho. Gohan could be having trouble with a farmer armed with a shotgun while it's taking place.

He's doing it in the name of justice and for U7.

Vegeta's not a team player anymore.

Unless something happens next episode, I don't think that would be a strong reason from Freeza to give. Goku has trained the other Saiyans as well, and though Vegeta was kind of shitty in regards to the Genkidama, he made up for it with keeping Ribrianne busy.

I hope Piccolo gets a power up soon. Doesn't necessarily have to be a forced fusion with the U6 Namekians. I'd like him to be able to keep up better with the others.

CazTGG

I'm telling you guys Jiren isn't going down fighting one on one its gonna be a saiyan team up that brings him down

When has a team up ever gone well in Dragon Ball? I don't mean like in the Buu Saga where Vegeta was holding Kid off while Goku charged the Spirit Bomb, I mean an active 2/3/4/5-on-1 brawl where the z Fighters team up on a single opponent and end up victorious. The only one that comes to mind is Vegeta and Gohan during the Kamehameha struggle, and even then all Vegeta did was give Gohan an opening with one attack.

Why is we can shit on Vegeta and Cabba but shitting on Gohan bad? :¿

Why can't we just shit on everybody whenever the opportunity arises? :p

Excluding Zeno, you won't want to do that

Who doesn't want a powerup, BS or not, for the majority of U7's team at this point lol

True :p His dynamic with Gohan plus him being the only Namekian fighter in the main cast makes me want him more relevant again.

And a revenge match between him and 17 surely would be nice :p

Member when Shin was menacing and mysterious in his first appearance and then he suddenly turned into a goober once the saiyans started swinging their dicks around? I member

I'm seeing it in real time. That was way more short-lived than I remember.

He's also horrible at his job. The entire saga would have played out differently if he were competent.

Yeah. "So Goku and evil Vegeta want to fight, that's okay, I'm just gonna damage the ship so Buu awakes with less energy an- oh, how nice they opened the door for us! Let's go down there and, uh, do whatever, forgot what I was saying just now"

Member when Shin was menacing and mysterious in his first appearance and then he suddenly turned into a goober once the saiyans started swinging their dicks around? I member

I'm still pissed he punked Piccolo out like that. Wasn't that an entire episode?

As bad as Shin is, Kabito is worse. That guy just keeps shitting on Gohan for no reason and then gets killed hilariously.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah. "So Goku and evil Vegeta want to fight, that's okay, I'm just gonna damage the ship so Buu awakes with less energy an- oh, how nice they opened the door for us! Let's go down there and, uh, do whatever, forgot what I was saying just now"

It's also letting them absorb Gohan's energy and getting Buu to like 60% revived! They should have nuked the damn container the second they spotted the ship instead of sitting back and watching.

Felt like it. Piccolo stood in place and shat his pants for an entire episode.

Piccolo totally could have taken him too. Dude wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

It's also letting them absorb Gohan's energy and getting Buu to like 60% revived! They should have nuked the damn container the second they spotted the ship instead of sitting back and watching.

Piccolo totally could have taken him too. Dude wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

That entire saga is full of "why didn't you ...", "why did you let ...?", "couldn't you have just ...?"

It's also funny how Shin literally saw Gohan go SSJ2 before and then acts surprised when the three Saiyans defeat some laughable guy like Puipui or Yakon.

Maybe he needs a Scouter.

Top Bottom