• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

So they apparently fixed up Goku's run in the ending a bit.

Anyway...

giphy.gif

SHOW THEM YOUR PRIDE AS A SAIYAN MY SON! ;_;

That was dumb. Why would he hold him there and tell everyone else to help him by fucking off? It would probably help him more if they just pushed Jiren off the edge

Given the attack was working by essentially stopping Jiren's time to the best of hit's ability, being able to move him while he's in that state would probably be impossible for anyone who's not Jiren levels of strong in the first place. At best you could try attacking him and hoping to knock him off with those attacks once the move wears off, but given how much most hits seem to faze Jiren that's a pretty risky plan

Skii

That was dumb. Why would he hold him there and tell everyone else to help him by fucking off? It would probably help him more if they just pushed Jiren off the edge

Yeah, I would've preferred the U6 saiyans at least trying to blast him off before going off on their own. It's fine if its not going to work but wouldn't make any sense not to try there.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That was a decent episode. Expected more from Hit. Great to see Champa not poke him further after he lost.

The two Namekians turned out to be chumps. Attacking from behind lol pfftt...

Cabba finally got out of the omega/beta shell and told Caulifla what to do and she listened. I don't think he'll be able to do much in the tournament though.

Jiren's a badass but also so boring to watch. Meditation is a convenient way of making him disappear for a bunch of episodes. Glad he isn't dead or something though, want UI back.

He probably didn't want to risk them flying off with him if he failed like U9 did.

Honestly the best strategy here is for them to stay away from Jiren at their strength level.

mas8705

It would have been like if Goku told Krillin to help fight Frieza back on Namek: it wouldn't have helped. At that point, Hit probably figured that the best way to get through the tournament would be for everyone to just take out the weaker enemies while he would be focused on stalling Jiren for as long as he could until time's up (which obviously wasn't long enough). At this point, the pride troopers would probably need to go on an elimination spree of at least 17 people in order to put them on top over the other teams.

All I know is that this is going to be fun to see how things get changed up during the 2nd half since we are going to run out of filler opponents here pretty quick.

Yeah I thought that was a little... contrived.
Yeah. My one thought about that is that even if they did chip in, their attacks probably would have done absolutely nothing and made zero difference since Jiren really seems to be complete bullshit. And so if they attacked him, all that would accomplish is Jiren sending Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale flying as well when we broke out and Universe 6 losing four warriors instead of one.

If that's what Hit was thinking -- realizing that once Jiren resisted his attack, it was over for him, and if the Saiyan Trio jumped in, it would have been over for them as well and so he just shooed them away to avoid that -- I get it, but it's still very unsatisfying to not even see them try either way. =/

Skii

Jiren is growing on me. I've never felt Goku was this outmatched by an opponent before. He's so outmatched that Jiren is meditating in plain sight of him and he cant do shit.

He probably didn't want to risk them flying off with him if he failed like U9 did.

Honestly the best strategy here is from them to stay away from Jiren at their strength level.
Yeah, it's why Jiren is super cocky to be meditating, because nobody actually needs to beat him, they just need more then 3 members to survive to the end, less if either of the other U11 falls. Probably why U4 guy wasn't too worried, since he has the two invisible team members who seem really hard to detect. If Toppa and Dyspo lose and Jiren acts only after they're gone, he has a very real chance of winning just by staying hidden

ending song fixed to not cut off Geets and Bulma I see.

Jiren still broken, time doesn't work on him, i don't even know how to make sense of that bullshit.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah. My one thought about that is that even if they did chip in, their attacks probably would have done absolutely nothing and made zero difference since Jiren really seems to be complete bullshit. And so if they attacked him, all that would accomplish is Jiren sending Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale flying as well when we broke out and Universe 6 losing four warriors instead of one.

If that's what Hit was thinking -- realizing that once Jiren resisted his attack, it was over for him, and if the Saiyan Trio jumped in, it would have been over for them as well and so he just shooed them away to avoid that -- I get it, but it's still very unsatisfying to not even see them try either way. =/

Yea this is fair. Realistically, there's no point in them trying. This becomes even more clear when you realize Jiren is just mediating without a care in the world, so...

Tsunamo

Well that was a bit of a non-episode. Animation was pretty lackluster and not much happened. There's something hilarious about Goku just casually wandering around and spying on Jirens fights.

Next week should be good though (and then 114 with one of my favorite animators)

Chase17

I would have liked to have seen Tien learn from his experiences in the tournament, and offer up the idea of destroying the stage underneath stuck in time Jiren.

Whales

Banned
honestly surprised at what happened.

Didn't except Hit to get knocked out at all

Also I can see
Vegeta getting jiren out of his meditation... Some kind of anger power up because Jiren is basically calling him worthless. Maybe

I really liked this episode, it's a good demonstration of Jiren's power, we get a bit more of his character, Hit did pretty damn well for himself and we see some character growth for Hit and Champa. I think this is one of the better episodes of the TOP.
Next week looks fun.

Man Hit really did a great job trying to goe toe to toe with Jiren, but he's just on a whole different level.

Next Episode we finally see Vegetas other son get some action

I love how Frieza keeps calling Jiren a monster.

Love the Jiren hype, but he's now officially falling into Dragon Ball cliche territory
Not taking out your opponent when you have a chance, Goku is right in front of you dude, just finish him.

Also, when Hit
frozen Jiren, why didn't he have Cabba and company attack him?

Decent episode, but definitely a farcry from last week.

NEP looked tight though.

Mory Dunz

Thoughts:

- Goku was drawn really well this episode. Every shot seemed on point for some reason.

- It seemed weird how Jiren seemed to be "trying" way more during while normal fighting Hit than against Ultra Instinct in a way

- Why didn't the U6 losers try to push off Jiren while frozen? That didn't make sense.

- Oh look, now that Jiren is talking and doing stuff, and gaining a personality, he's more interesting. This characterization would've been nice before last episode, as I've been saying

- I like Hit. I would've much rather he stayed than the U6 sayains, but they're probably destined to stay late which is lame.

- Fight was good. It was better than last episode's imo. Good ep overall.

Top Bottom