• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

HDhSXKc.jpg

poor Cabba . beaten to a pulp by 3 characters in one episode
at this point. i'm rooting for him. even if it seems hopeless

This episode actually got me to feel for Ribrianne for a second, but they want to keep going with her, they gotta change her up a bit. I forgot about Rozie tho, I like Rozie.

Nice that they showed other fights (however brief).

This felt more like a battle-royal than any episode since Universe 9 got eliminated.

Teamwork all over.
Multiple factions going at each other.

Ribrianne dropping the aloof shit and the gravity of the situation dawning on her.
Rozie slapping the taste out her mouth.

Good shit.

that scene with rozie was pretty nice.
makes me wish we saw more of rozie , kakunsa and vikal instead of just focusing so much on Ribrianne

Hit connected with one attack the whole fight, had his trump card flop and got the "cool guys don't look at explosions" treatment. He jobbed.

Yup, Hit is 100% jobber status. If he didn't get knocked out, I could see him making a comeback at the end but because he did, there is no coming back from it. And now we know Jiren is stronger than time itself!!

Sheroking

he did better than UI goku >_>

UI Goku is basically Jiren's equal. Hit got one little trick in that didn't wind up being the least bit effectual.

It's clear that this will come down to Goku finding his way back into that state. They've positioned Jiren as so far beyond everyone else that I don't see how any other fighter will be relevant to him the rest of the way.

Mory Dunz

I don't think so at all. He had some cool tricks and jiren let his guard down. But once jiren switched on it was over in an instant.

I kept waiting for hit to pull more out tho... Sucks.

Jiren never seemed in danger of losing against UI for me.

Hit had him frozen and I'm still not sure why they didn't at least try something.

....Hit's fight was also better ;)

UI Goku is basically Jiren's equal. Hit got one little trick in that didn't wind up being the least bit effectual.

And the form was over in 2 seconds. Hit at least got his trick in.
What did Goku do to Jiren exactly...?

Being strong doesn't mean you "do better against" someone.

Skeeter49

It's clear that this will come down to Goku finding his way back into that state. They've positioned Jiren as so far beyond everyone else that I don't see how any other fighter will be relevant to him the rest of the way.
Shantsa will save us.

CLBridges

I went in knowing this would happen to Hit, and I'm still feeling some type of way. Then, the disrespect by Jiren at the end, savage!

Limit

Jiren is a beast. Him saying he has defeated all the warriors he needed to defeat while Goku is eavesdropping was pure venom. Dude then just starts meditating in the middle of the tournament. Not even giving anyone else left the courtesy of acknowledging their status as a warrior.

Anth0ny

My video review for episode 111 is up!

General thoughts:

-Loved the interaction between Freeza and Goku. These little intimate moments between the characters have been my favourite parts of the arc

-Looking forward to more screentime with the U6 Namekians

-Hit vs Jiren was a fight they should have saved until later in the tournament, and it shouldn't have started and finished in one episode. I really don't think Jiren needed to body Ultra Instinct Goku AND Hit in back to back episodes. Like jeez we get it he's fucking strong

Fun episode, lots to talk about.

LotusHD

Banned
Is jiren even a character?

Yesh

-Hit vs Jiren was a fight they should have saved until later in the tournament, and it shouldn't have started and finished in one episode. I really don't think Jiren needed to body Ultra Instinct Goku AND Hit in back to back episodes. Like jeez we get it he's fucking strong

Reading this is hilarious, because I remember how several people really wanted/predicted that Jiren would have an episode or two where he just starts eliminating members left and right lol

Crocodile

I guess but the same sense of dread/foreboding wasn't there. It never felt like shit was real when Goku was fighting Beerus. I think it all comes down to tone - the BotG arc was heavy on the comedy unlike the Namek Arc or this current part of the ToP.

Mory Dunz

My video review for episode 111 is up!

General thoughts:

Fun episode, lots to talk about.

It's a bit lame that Hit got 2(?) fights....and ribrianne oh nevermind.

Can't believe Jiren scoffed at the thought of an assassin having pride, he's so mean

I like that he's getting a personality.

That's why I liked this fight and Hit vs Dyspo so much. The characterization around the fight.

For half the fights it feels like you could honestly not even read the subs and it wouldn't matter.

HeroR

Because the fights will be a bit bigger? We've only had one knock out in the last 3 episodes.

But most of that was because Goku vs. Jiren, and we had one knockout in 104, then three in 105, and four in 106.

He barely saved himself by a thread and was finished either way.

Jiren just humored him for a little longer and let him charge up the spirit bomb which put him back in the fight when he got recharged.

Still better than Hit who could do nothing. Goku didn't get finished until he ran out of stamina. Jiren also humor Hit, so I don't get this argument.

Limit

Reading this is hilarious, because I remember how several people really wanted/predicted that Jiren would have an episode or two where he just starts eliminating members left and right lol

Jiren is a low key dick. He's gonna wait and have everyone else left at the end feel some hope for survival and then eliminate all at the last second.

Anth0ny

Honestly I would have much preferred if he took out like 10 dudes from random universes this episode instead of Hit lol

At this point, it's established that Jiren is King shit of Fuck Mountain. Defeating Hit literally does nothing for him. You could have elevated some other characters by having them go even with Jiren this episode, even if they are ultimately eliminated. Furthermore, someone else could have eliminated Hit, effectively building him/her into a legit threat that the viewer should take note of.

Instead, it's just an unnecessary boost of Jiren, who, like I said... we already get that he's fucking strong. He could have just went into his meditation state after knocking UI Goku around.

caliph95

Jiren is a low key dick. He's gonna wait and have everyone else left at the end feel some hope for survival and then eliminate all at the last second.
Clown pretty much said it's his style to crush people's will

Again how is he friends with Toppo

LotusHD

Banned
I like that he's getting a personality.

That's why I liked this fight and Hit vs Dyspo so much. The characterization around the fight.

I agree, it's refreshing.

So... a high-key dick then? He hasn't exactly been subtle. Hell, it was obvious since he told Toppo to "Move." So damn rude lmao

Honestly I would have much preferred if he took out like 10 dudes from random universes this episode instead of Hit lol

At this point, it's established that Jiren is King shit of Fuck Mountain. Defeating Hit literally does nothing for him. You could have elevated some other characters by having them go even with Jiren this episode, even if they are ultimately eliminated. Furthermore, someone else could have eliminated Hit, effectively building him/her into a legit threat that the viewer should take note of.

Instead, it's just an unnecessary boost of Jiren, who, like I said... we already get that he's fucking strong. He could have just went into his meditation state after knocking UI Goku around.

I mean, you say all this, but it was Hit that attacked him to begin with... Like immediately after Jiren got rid of Goku.

Jiren even basically asked him if he's sure he wants to go through with this LOL

caliph95

Someone needs to switch the texts for both this GIF and Toppo's "Justice is dead" GIF

The same way Deku and Bakugou are "friends"
Clearly what should have happened if Dyspo to slap Toppo and make a speech (I would say Jiren but he doesn't seem to give a shit)

And Deku and Bakugo are not friends just somewhat cooperative rivals

AdanVC

Great episode! Too bad about Hit getting eliminated. I also thought he would be one of the last figthers on the tournament. I think this is nice so that the show doesn't become too predictable.

I was rooting for Jiren but my god, He really is so damn OP and so full of himself by meditating until the end of the tourney cuz' nobody is worthy to fight anymore. Not even Goku. Hope he gets his gray ass kicked so badly now lol!

Ribrianne is growing on me more and more I'm rooting for her now :')

LotusHD

Banned
Great episode! Too bad about Hit getting eliminated. I also thought he would be one of the last figthers on the tournament. I think this is nice so that the show doesn't become too predictable.

You could argue that Hit being eliminated is kind of predictable since it's an easy way to circumvent having a strong character from U7 having to leave sooner rather than later.

Clearly what should have happened if Dyspo to slap Toppo and make a speech (I would say Jiren but he doesn't seem to give a shit)

And Deku and Bakugo are not friends just somewhat cooperative rivals

Well I did put it in quotes lol

Top Bottom