• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Mory Dunz

I don't read the previews or spoilers, but once I saw Jiren "struggling" against Hit, I was like oh eff....he's dead.

Why not a two parter though? They had B plot and C plot, so why end the Hit fight so soon? Oh well

I really want to know the context of this image, who has pushed Vegeta to Blue?
DMJV759VAAA5lLQ.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
I don't read the previews or spoilers, but once I saw Jiren "struggling" against Hit, I was like oh eff....he's dead.

Why not a two parter though? They had B plot and C plot, so why end the Hit fight so soon? Oh well

I mean, they've only bothered with a two parter for like Goku v. Jiren, no? Glad the pacing didn't needlessly drag for this fight.

Also what's the point when Hit wasn't going to win anyways

HardRojo

Great to see we'll get more from the U6 Namekians next week.
Great to see some battle damage on Cabba next week.
I think Cabba will finally get SS2 next week or some kind of powerup, no way Frieza will knock him out in that episode.

Durden77

I really want to know the context of this image, who has pushed Vegeta to Blue?
DMJV759VAAA5lLQ.jpg

My guess, U6 saiyan(s), or the love girls after their little motivational speech.

Man, this episode was crazy. Really good though. They balanced the fights well, and it actually felt like a battle royale, which a lot of these episodes have struggled with.

Hit though.....what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkk. While I was watching it, I was thinking how cool it would be if he knocked Jiren out, and he became the true largest threat. But man......shit that was a good fight though.

"Power that transcends time"? Yeah ok. I know it's DB, but ok sure.

Fj0823

I think Cabba will finally get SS2 next week or some kind of powerup, no way Frieza will knock him out in that episode.

I think he's out tbh.

LotusHD

Banned
"Power that transcends time"? Yeah ok. I know is DB, but ok sure.

To be fair, not like we made that much of a fuss when Goku's SSBKK easily countered Hit's Time Skip ability. I mean yea, Hit's ultimate move is a bit more potent than that, but still... It's DB, can't be surprised anymore.

Kind of sad if that's the most he can do, but I guess he's no prodigy...

Instro

Jiren is kind of a garbage character. They've spent a lot of Super introducing and/or reintroducing characters with various interesting and tricky special abilities, and yet now we have Jiren who basically no sells everything because he is too strong. The fight with Hit could have been much more interesting than it was. Also don't really get why everyone didn't team up on Jiren when he was frozen, but whatever.

Mory Dunz

I mean, they've only bothered with a two parter for like Goku v. Jiren, no? Glad the pacing didn't needlessly drag for this fight.

Also what's the point when Hit wasn't going to win anyways

Well, I've personally thought a few fights could last 2-3 episodes while B and C plots happen.

When you know each thing basically has to end by 22 minutes, it makes it more predictable.

I mean, Goku broke Hit's timeskip in the Champa arc by powering up to Kaioken, Hit was just able to improve his timeskip so it didn't matter anymore. Jiren is a monstrous freak, his power is far beyond Hit so with the already established way to break timeskip it works fine.
I think it was really impressive that Hit managed to land a blow that actually launched Jiren and was able to actually somewhat hold him still with his time pocket thingy.

LotusHD

Banned
He could "save" Cabba by dropping him out himself and stopping Frieza's torture.

That would be the best outcome I suppose.

Well, I've personally thought a few fights could last 2-3 episodes while B and C plots happen.

When you know each thing basically has to end by 22 minutes, it makes it more predictable.

I guess, but I'd prefer this to dragging out the arc out even further, can't really say I have any fights that I felt should've been extended, though I guess you could make a case for this one.

That said, it doesn't have to be predictable, Hit could've gotten knocked out somewhere like Kale did, but nope, he got eliminated. Someone could've intervened, etc. etc.

Mory Dunz

Jiren is kind of a garbage character. They've spent a lot of Super introducing and/or reintroducing characters with various interesting and tricky special abilities, and yet now we have Jiren who basically no sells everything because he is too strong. The fight with Hit could have been much more interesting than it was. Also don't really get why everyone didn't team up on Jiren when he was frozen, but whatever.

what? Sorry, I was lost in Jiren's eyes...

(His abilities do need a little fleshing)

I guess, but I'd prefer this to dragging out the arc out even further, can't really say I have any fights that I felt should've been extended, though I guess you could make a case for this one.

Only a few fights.
But yea not dragging out the arc, but changing the organization.

Ashodin

Still think Goku vs. Jiren 2 will knock each other out, then Gohan vs. Toppo for the final match to decide it all.

PLS TOEI

Crocodile

I feel there has been too much focus on Jiren's eyes/glare for it not to be tired to his power. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some sort of "Visual Prowess". Goku's Silver Eyes vs. Jiren's.....whatever those are eyes!

caliph95

If you mean the Saiyans because Hit told them not to and you need at least red level to even touch him and kale easily burst out broly form

And Hit probably figured it's better to hold him as long as he can then risk elimination of their next best warriors

LotusHD

Banned
If you mean the Saiyans because Hit told them not to and you need at least red level to even touch him and kale easily burst out broly form

And Hit probably figured it's better to hold him as long as he can then risk elimination of their next best warriors

Was Hit low-key throwing shade at the Namekian warriors

Heroman

Banned
Character?

A-V-B

If Vegeta fucking stops Frieza from eliminating Cabba, I will be pissed. He goes straight from decent to trash-tier.

I think it'd be awesome if Freeza eliminated Cabba while Vegeta tried to save him. It'd be very in-character, because he also gets to taunt Vegeta with eliminating more Saiyans while having the excuse of, "What? Getting sentimental? It's our universe on the line, ho ho ho."

Durden77

To be fair, not like we made that much of a fuss when Goku's SSBKK easily countered Hit's Time Skip ability. I mean yea, Hit's ultimate move is a bit more potent than that, but still... It's DB, can't be surprised anymore.

I mean, Goku broke Hit's timeskip in the Champa arc by powering up to Kaioken, Hit was just able to improve his timeskip so it didn't matter anymore. Jiren is a monstrous freak, his power is far beyond Hit so with the already established way to break timeskip it works fine.
I think it was really impressive that Hit managed to land a blow that actually launched Jiren and was able to actually somewhat hold him still with his time pocket thingy.

Truth. SSBKK thing I kind of forgot about. I guess that should be similar in rules. I think it just had a lot to do with how they explained it all intensely. Super can be bad about giving too much exposition.

HeroR

My guess, U6 saiyan(s), or the love girls after their little motivational speech.

Man, this episode was crazy. Really good though. They balanced the fights well, and it actually felt like a battle royale, which a lot of these episodes have struggled with.

Hit though.....what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkk. While I was watching it, I was thinking how cool it would be if he knocked Jiren out, and he became the true largest threat. But man......shit that was a good fight though.

Goku did back in U6. Where do you think the term, 'Goku is faster than time' came from?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looking closely at the NEP, looks like Cabba gets smacked around then Vegeta saves him... smacks him around some and tell him to get good and then Cabba fights Monna again. Note his clothes aren't damaged when Vegeta saves him, but they are when he's fighting Monna in SSJ. He's also damaged when Freeza grabs him.

A-V-B

If I were binge watching this show, watching 109-111 and seeing Jiren finesse his way through this would be awesome...

There's nothing finesse about Jiren lol

He's that kid who plays every game with the neighborhood kids while saying "nuh uh, your powers don't work on me," and all the other kids get pissed off.

Boss X

Banned
There's nothing finesse about Jiren lol

He's that kid who plays every game with the neighborhood kids while saying "nuh uh, your powers don't work on me," and all the other kids get pissed off.

You don't just get past time-skip and UI without a little finesse.

Looking closely at the NEP, looks like Cabba gets smacked around then Vegeta saves him... smacks him around some and tell him to get good and then Cabba fights Monna again. Note his clothes aren't damaged when Vegeta saves him, but they are when he's fighting Monna in SSJ. He's also damaged when Freeza grabs him.

Then I'm gonna assume Frieza takes him out purely just to piss of Vegeta.

Top Bottom