• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

LotusHD

Banned
The episode had some great action.

I was very annoyed that none of the U6 Saiyans or Hit had the obvious idea to have the Saiyans PUSH JIREN OFF WHILE HE WAS IMMOBILIZED. But yeah, yeah, I know. It's DB.

At first I had that thought, but really, the dude can attack you without moving, was gradually moving despite Hit attempting to immobilize him, and he hadn't even gotten serious and revealed his aura. The Saiyans weren't gonna do shit, may as well cut their losses and take out other fighters while hoping Hit could get the job done. Then it just gets further emphasized how invincible Jiren is to practically anyone that isn't Goku with him just chilling, meditating on the battlefield with a force field that you'd have to be immensely powerful to breach to begin with.

Like, I guess it would've been cute to see them try, but what's the point really

tbh they would probably fail to get through his omega wall of energy anyways

I think all three of them together at max power could at least manage to push him the 5 feet to the edge.

At first I had that thought, but really, the dude can attack you without moving, was moving despite Hit attempting to immobilize him, and he hadn't even gotten serious and revealed his aura. The Saiyans weren't gonna do shit, may as well cut their losses and take out other fighters while hoping Hit could get the job done.

He was straight up incapable of movement within eyesight of them and then was really struggling with the walk to Hit until the last few steps.

Bulzeeb

Hit should have told the U6 Saiyans to break the floor where Jiren was while he was holding him back, but well, they needed to create some drama I guess

edit:
I think all three of them together at max power could at least manage to push him the 5 feet to the edge.

Jiren was basically at the border of the stage and since he is such a tank, they should have at least tired to destroy the floor where he was standing, no fly + paralized would have send him to the bench

Jiren had the same purple glow to him when he was trapped in the pocket dimension that Hit has when he uses it to not get hit, I don't think anyone else attacking Jiren would have done anything but go right through him, Hit was probably the only one capable of hitting him while he was in it.

LotusHD

Banned
He was straight up incapable of movement within eyesight of them and then was really struggling with the walk to Hit until the last few steps.

And yet he stopped Hit with his glare alone, can easily do the same to the U6 Saiyans. It ain't even about them being weak, he's just that strong.

Hit should have told the U6 Saiyans to break the floor where Jiren was while he was holding him back, but well, they needed to create some drama I guess

Now this on the other hand is a lot more plausible.

Durden77

The episode had some great action.

I was very annoyed that none of the U6 Saiyans or Hit had the obvious idea to have the Saiyans PUSH JIREN OFF WHILE HE WAS IMMOBILIZED. But yeah, yeah, I know. It's DB.

I thougut the same thing, maybe they couldn't move him? He wasn't just immobilized, he was frozen in time itself.

Let see you Clinch those teeth!

TliIup9.gif

this one is better

d33.gif

And yet he stopped Hit with his glare alone, can easily do the same to the U6 Saiyans. It ain't even about them being weak, he's just that strong.

Now this on the other hand is a lot more plausible.

Yeah I forgot about his crazy eye powers.

Jiren had the same purple glow to him when he was trapped in the pocket dimension that Hit has when he uses it to not get hit, I don't think anyone else attacking Jiren would have done anything but go right through him, Hit was probably the only one capable of hitting him while he was in it.

I thougut the same thing, maybe they couldn't move him? He wasn't just immobilized, he was frozen in time itself.

Hadn't considered this. At least it will ease the aggravation in my head canon.

Pretty dope episode, bummed Hit is out and Jiren is just on another plane of existence apparently lol. Man Hit's final move would be so OP on anyone but Jiren.

Hope those two Namekians give a decent fight v Piccolo & Gohan

Zalman

The episode was awesome, but man, Hit's out and we're only at the halfway point. So probably about three more months of this.

Espada

I don't know why everyone's so upset about Hit being out now. Remember, he's the one that put himself into this situation by attempting to exploit a perceived opening in the previous episode. The fight itself didn't consist of any "jobbing", it was a legitimate fight with Hit taking blows that would've dropped 90% of the fighters in the tournament. As RandomExpletive said, Hit's ultimate attack is some disgustingly OP. If it had worked to eliminate Jiren that would've deflated the build up from 109 and 110. Not only that, from then on people would constantly wonder why Hit wasn't using it to drop major threats from other universes like Goku and Frieza.

Hit went out like a champ, there's no shame for someone in the top 10 fighters in the ToP to get eliminated by Jiren. I look forward to seeing him as DLC for Dragonball Fighterz.

As for Jiren, this episode reinforced how arrogant this guy is. The scene where he just casually looks over to Goku, drops that disrespect, and then closes his eyes to meditate? Damn. How the hell is this guy Toppo's friend?

Red Devil

Yeah I believe attacking Jiren during that would have simply not really worked, or destroying the part of the platform where he was standing on, maybe he would just been floating as long as Hit held him in there.

time lord vs a guy who can win by looking at you, in a multiverse tournament.
where can they even go from there?

Well there're still 4 universes we barely know anything about besides their authorities.

Well there goes the best Universe 6 character :(. At least he gave a good fight. And
seeing Gohan and Piccolo fight the namekians the next episode is going to be cool.

Unbounded

So Jiren basically has Haki.

Gotcha.

Also so this confirms that it isn't just him "punching really goddamn fast", I guess he was just sorta... throwing his energy field at Goku...!?

... And Goku was... dodging it!?!?

I don't even know anymore man.

cabbage sounds good in the dub

think they'll use an english version of limit break x survivor since they use one for chouzetsu dynamic?

Madao

the Hit vs Jiren fight ended like what happens when Link freezes an enemy with the Stasis rune but the enemy breaks free right away and one-shots Link.

HeroR

The episode was awesome, but man, Hit's out and we're only at the halfway point. So probably about three more months of this.

Doubt it since the promo called this the climax arc and we only have 30 people left.

I was disappointed that Jiren was the guy hinted at being stronger than a god. Should have saved it for someone from a Universe not in the tournament.

There can be more than one mortal stronger than a god.

Maybe that'll be his wish, for the entire multiverse to be his friend.

Well then...

God forbid you lose to the by far strongest person in the tournament, and after your rival got his ass kicked no less

What I find amusing is that last week, people were singing Jiren's praise for kicking Goku's ass and how good it felt for Goku to be humbled. Then when Hit, who has a better win-ratio than Goku, steps up and gets his ass kicked, everyone hates Jiren for being cocky.

I-hate-u

Hit put up a great fight and I love the complete dismissal of Goku's current strength. I think deep inside tho Jiren knows Goku us going to rise up to the occasion. Fantastic episode barring 2 things:

1. I am convinced Ribrianne and her squad were solely created for episode padding.

2. I hate how Cabba had to remind Caulifula that what their job is. Like, really?

LotusHD

Banned

Assuming he means how in One Piece, you can use Haki to deflect stuff.

What I find amusing is that last week, people were singing Jiren's praise for kicking Goku's ass and how good it felt for Goku to be humbled. Then when Hit, who has a better win-ratio than Goku, steps up and gets his ass kicked, everyone hates Jiren for being cocky.

I don't hate it, but I actually kind of prefer when Jiren kind of just acts that is all one big bore, a job that needs to be completed, rather than stuff like him putting down Hit's profession and what not. Obviously though it's not like this is something new when considering last week's episode where the best thing he could say concerning Goku is that Saiyans are interesting, as well as him doing his cocky pose after beating Kale, allowing Goku to set up his Spirit Bomb, etc. That's clearly just his character.

ajim

I was disappointed that Jiren was the guy hinted at being stronger than a god. Should have saved it for someone from a Universe not in the tournament.
It's awesome. We don't need to see jiren full power in this arc at all. Could be saved for well after the tournament.

HeroR

Assuming he means how in One Piece, you can use Haki to deflect stuff.

I don't hate it, but I actually kind of prefer when Jiren kind of just acts that is all one big bore, a job that needs to be completed, rather than stuff like him putting down Hit's profession and what not. Obviously though it's not like this is something new when considering last week's episode where the best thing he could say concerning Goku is that Saiyans are interesting, as well as him doing his cocky pose after beating Kale, allowing Goku to set up his Spirit Bomb, etc. That's clearly just his character.

I think it makes sense. Jiren is supposedly a hero so he would look down on a person who murder people for profit.

He also did 'it's over' to Goku and thought he ringed him out until Goku climb back on the stage and asked him where he was going.

Sucks this is DB not Naruto, we won't get flashback episodes explaining Jiren's whole ordeal.

And thank god for that.

LotusHD

Banned
I think it makes sense. Jiren is supposedly a hero so he would look down on a person who murder people for profit.

He also did 'it's over' to Goku and thought he ringed him out until Goku climb back on the stage and asked him where he was going.

True

And thank god for that.

Lol this, I don't need some big backstory detailing how Jiren got so strong. Maybe a small one wouldn't be so bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up disappointing people.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on that Beerus movie...

Top Bottom