• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

LaNaranja

That episode was pretty great. Hit was my favorite character coming into the tournament and the dude went out like a champ. He and Goku were the only ones Jiren deemed worthy of personally fighting which is pretty cool and makes it sting less to know that we won't be seeing him fight in the tournament anymore. His moment with Champa was really well done. Without Hit I am no longer sure Universe 6 can survive until the end. I am going to be really fucking bummed if they go.

Also, as others have said, it was nice to see this episode actually feel like a battle royal with lots of shit going on concurrently. I wouldn't have minded an episode of Hit holding Jiren while the U6 Sayins defended Hit from Toppo and the rabbit. That said, I do appreciate the fairly quick pace they have been moving at in this tournament. Compared to One Piece which is currently crawling at the most painfully slow speed ever it is fucking amazing.

I hope they have something more interesting planned for the finale then just Jiren vs Goku round 2, Goku wins because he punches harder.

Dereck

What is important to me is how Goku had no thank yous, smiles or anything nice whatsoever to give to Freiza after giving him energy, making it clear that they're still enemies.

W2msxXr.gif

Baleoce

What is important to me is how Goku had no thank yous, smiles or anything nice whatsoever to give to Freiza after giving him energy, making it clear that they're still enemies.

W2msxXr.gif

I think Goku can tell there's an alterior motive there somewhere. One, because he's Freeza, and two, because of the way he worded it. Dude really wants that wish xD

On a side note, I still do not like the way Jiren is drawn. Just looks odd.

Man oh man the worst thing about getting into super has been getting introduced to the word 'jobber'. It's already bad enough we are watching a kids show, lets not regress and say 'jobber' which is the worst word I have heard in some time.

Is it even a word or some slang which has been made up?

It's just that Goku knows he's the main character and for the sake of the show, someone was gonna power him up. He's probably upset Freiza did it, Zeno could have had him ready for UI within a second.

HeroR

I can't help but to find amusement that this is the second time Goku got his arm dislocated this arc.

W2msxXr.gif

Can't blame him since Frieza scared the crap out of him with his implied murder threat.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man oh man the worst thing about getting into super has been getting introduced to the word 'jobber'. It's already bad enough we are watching a kids show, lets not regress and say 'jobber' which is the worst word I have heard in some time.

It's not new and it's never used properly either.

RocknRola

Nice episode! Good way to keep things somewhat tense and the Jiren vs Hit fight was also damn cool!

I feel like the answer to "who/what IS Jiren" will be very important, story wise. The GoD's and Angels keep getting awstruck by him, like they never even heard of something remotely similar before.

Now for some discount Gohan action! Also, they better not forget to show us the fight between the 2 Namekians and the real Gohan + Piccolo!

They should have modified the opening by now and added the Ultimate Instinct halo to Goku since it was already revealed and those fighting scenes were when he was figthing Jiren using it and not in his base form. Very misleading tbh. They changed the opening and replaced Buu with Frieza but not Goku in UI? Really irresponsible.

They should have modified the opening by now and added the Ultimate Instinct halo to Goku since it was already revealed and those fighting scenes were when he was figthing Jiren using it and not in his base form. Very misleading tbh. They changed the opening and replaced Buu with Frieza but not Goku in UI? Really irresponsible.

Irresponsible???

Irresponsible???

I meant careless to be more exact. If they didn't care and made one opening from the start, they should have left it with Buu and not replaced him with Frieza. If they did the change, why did they overlook to modify the most important part of it? I find it kinda disappointing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I meant careless to be more exact. If they didn't care and made one opening from the start, they should have left it with Buu and not replaced him with Frieza. If they did the change, why did they overlook to modify the most important part of it? I find it kinda disappointing.

As a viewer I am also careless about this.

longdi

Banned
Nice episode! Good way to keep things somewhat tense and the Jiren vs Hit fight was also damn cool!

I feel like the answer to "who/what IS Jiren" will be very important, story wise. The GoD's and Angels keep getting awstruck by him, like they never even heard of something remotely similar before.

Now for some discount Gohan action! Also, they better not forget to show us the fight between the 2 Namekians and the real Gohan + Piccolo!

Gohan should wipe the floor with the namekian duo, namekian and kaioshin have been push overs in DB

Greenymac

The more I see Jiren the less I like him. I don't think kes s good guy at all. There's something sinister about his power and that clown god, I believe, is using him as a vessel.

HeroR

Lmao I didn't think of that, that's hilarious.

Now to be fair, Jiren can't tell which fighters have more powerful abilities or forms, I'm also not sure he can feel the robots.

He would have sensed Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta since Vegeta transformed several times. He would know or at least suspect Vegeta was on par with Goku in that form, and deemed him unworthy. The same with Golden Frieza since he transformed for Gohan.

Kyzer

Banned
I know I'm a little late but can we talk about how Jiren was stiff as an action figure during the special when Goku finally got him to fight back. Like they weren't ready to make that big body throw punches and kicks lol

Is Frieza determined to help all saiyans or what? What are his final intentions? He reminds me of the wicked Orovhimaru and his unexpected deeds. Will he end up a nice guy at the end of the series like him?

Limit

Jobber is wrestling lingo. Someone is a jobber if their main reason for getting hired is specifically to lose to higher tier talent and make them look good. Jobbers usually aren't involved in a storyline. They come out, have a match, and get beaten up by their opponent to reinforce the idea that their opponent is better than them.

When jobber is used as a verb it means something different. 2 people are involved in a wrestling angle. The one who ultimately loses can be said to be "jobbed" out. But this person losing doesn't mean he/she is not at the same tier as his/her opponent. Now if there is a pattern of someone constantly losing in one story-line after another the person getting "jobbed" can become a "jobber".

Hit jobbed in the last episode but he didn't become a jobber. There is no pattern of hit jobbing to classify him as jobber.

I don't know how a wrestling terminology got into this thread but here we are.

Baleoce

Now that they've built up how ridiculously powerful Jiren is, I'm really looking forward to him getting knocked on his ass.

Slaythe

I'm pretty sure, at this point, that the two insects from U4 might be able to shrink or act like parasites.

That's all I can think of, that would "magically" allow U4 to become the big threat.

Maybe they hijack Kale, Jiren, or one of U7's warriors. Hijacked Vegeta or 17 I guess.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Well, I guess
Hit
is done for good now. Permanent jobber.

Goku is gonna win it all.

RocknRola

If they set them up to be the underdogs that take out 17 and 18 I swear I'm quitting this show.

lol

Considering both Goku and Geet's were dealing with them easily enough, I feel like 17&18 are more than safe. Unless they pull a Krillin of course >.>

HeroR

Jobber is wrestling lingo. Someone is a jobber if their main reason for getting hired is specifically to lose to higher tier talent and make them look good. Jobbers usually aren't involved in a storyline. They come out, have a match, and get beaten up by their opponent to reinforce the idea that their opponent is better than them.

When jobber is used as a verb it means something different. 2 people are involved in a wrestling angle. The one who ultimately loses can be said to be "jobbed" out. But this person losing doesn't mean he/she is not at the same tier as his/her opponent. Now if there is a pattern of someone constantly losing in one story-line after another the person getting "jobbed" can become a "jobber".

Hit jobbed in the last episode but he didn't become a jobber. There is no pattern of hit jobbing to classify him as jobber.

I don't know how a wrestling terminology got into this thread but here we are.

Hit didn't job since Jiren was already put over and established as a threat by Goku, who is way stronger than Hit physically.

If they set them up to be the underdogs that take out 17 and 18 I swear I'm quitting this show.

You can join the Cali getting Blue fans.

Tsunamo

"Dragon Ball Super photos leaked"

"These were posted on the official Dragon Ball Super page before the episode"

"Yes I know, they were leaked by Toei Animation"

Also saw a fun one saying leaked photos of the Goku Vs Jiren rematch but it was just stills of the Heroes footage.
Forget Donuts, we've got Jiren The Hedgehog here.

sirap

Everytime they show that clown dude on screen he talks like a coach that knows his athlete is doping on some Russian shit.

Mark1

Calling it now. Kale will be the last standing for U6. Their next trump card after losing Hit. Looking at the other known contestants, she’s the one with the highest power potential due to the controlled Berserker form.

Not surprised with Hit losing - was far more intrigued with his motivation speech to the others since he knew then Jiren outclassed him to a completely different level. Was moving.

Have no idea about U2 at this point - they keep dropping mixed messages. No one will even try go near Jiren while he’s meditating.

But when am I seeing Vegeta, Gohan and 17’s shining battles though?? Gohan doesn’t seem to be taken seriously right now.

The more I see Jiren the less I like him. I don't think kes s good guy at all. There's something sinister about his power and that clown god, I believe, is using him as a vessel.

My thought exactly, I think he has been granted some power and that's why he's so shit at using it and has to 'meditate' to replenish it. I think he is a massively powerful figure but the final stages will somehow strip him of the Gods influence and make him fight at a level Goku can contend with.

Top Bottom