• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

LotusHD

Banned
Jiren is so boring, he's just another Broly.

Not really, though I see what you're getting at... I guess.

At least Broly yells things.

If anything, considering the series this is, Jiren's calm af demeanor makes him win against Broly by default. I mean hell, look at how often people post in here wondering what the hell Jiren's deal is. Hell, you yourself literally said as much in this same page lol

HeroR

Lol this, I don't need some big backstory detailing how Jiren got so strong. Maybe a small one wouldn't be so bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up disappointing people.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on that Beerus movie...

We may get some snippers like we got for Hit, but I wouldn't expect anything major. Like we don't really know much about Frieza even now, not even the name of his species.

If anything, considering the series this is, Jiren's calm af demeanor makes him win against Broly by default. I mean hell, look at how often people post in here wondering what the hell Jiren's deal is. Hell, you yourself literally said as much in this same page lol

That's how I feel too. Jiren maybe 'boring' but he's boring in a different way compared to almost all the Z movie villains who were all hams.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
kXPP1pc.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
I mean when's he compared to Broly you know you got one super uninteresting character.

I mean, everyone Broly keeps getting compared to is better than him, that's all that matters in the end, not like Jiren's characterization is really a hill to die on anyways. :p

Jiren is not the main conflict himself. He's just a wall the heroes must overcome during the conflict.

He's boring but at least the story does not revolve around him

So Broly stays losing

Pretty much

As long as his backstory doesn't involve Goku making him cry as a baby then he'll be better than Broly by default.

Also this.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean, everyone Broly keeps getting compared to is better than him, that's all that matters in the end, not like Jiren's characterization is really a hill to die on anyways. :p

The fact that he even needs to be compared to him is bad enough

"Hmm how terrible is Jiren? Let's start at the bottom and work our way up"

Mory Dunz

At least Broly yells things.

At this rate Jiren's VA entire script in the tournament is not even half a page long.

He's getting better.

I've hated him until this ep. (part of the reason I didn't like the special last week much)
He improved a little bit the episode....by actually talking and doing stuff.

Groof

The best part of this tournament has been when Goku appears with UI and moves for the first time. The flash of light into him being right next to Jiren and his own surprise at it was hype af

Slaythe

That was a great episode.

Kind of annoyed to see virtually every character getting scenes minus 17 and 18, again. I know they just appeared in the special but they're really pushing it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Piccolo seems eager to beat up the two new Namekians. I thought he would get emotional or something on seeing them.

Also Broly > Jiren. At least he looks cool.

HardRojo

Ok, I'm drunk af right now (a friend's birthday and she won't let me text lol), so here's my hot take:

Goku will ultimately be beaten by Jiren and Vegeta will show some emotion towards Cabba. U6 Namekians will sadly amount to nothing. Kale will be part of the top 5.

ajim

Broly has nothing on Jiren.

I've loved the build up and hype around jiren from the start and the dude has not been a disappointment. And the fact we have barely seen any of his power is stupid exciting.

LotusHD

Banned
Piccolo seems eager to beat up the two new Namekians. I thought he would get emotional or something on seeing them.

I love how we keep thinking certain characters will react accordingly when they see new Saiyans, Namekians, Saiyan forms, etc., but nope, none of them seem to give any fucks lol

Skeeter49

I feel like most people you could compare to Broly in DB, when they've only had 10 or so episodes of focus.

Everyone in DBZ has had 100+ episodes. Almost no character in Super has that going for them. The Broly debate comes off as night a and day.

Typical

Banned
So what happened to hits improvement technique thing, he was able to match goku doing kioken times 10 within the course of their fight yet nothing against jiren.

I think they missed a trick with jiren just blasting him out in a single 20m episode. All just to make jiren look OP

ZPs

I think there's a reason for the late appearance of the U6 Namekians. Every arc so far has had a twist out of nowhere. I think in this case the twist is going to be the appearance of Zalama. The original God figure in the DB Universe was Kami (aka, namek who made the first set of dragon balls). All dragonballs in universe to date were made by a namekian. Having a throwback where the actual true god (ie: above Zeno) of the universe is the original Namekian Zalama would be interesting to say the least.

How would this come about? The U6 Namekians are currently a split Zalama (same as Kami / Piccolo were in the past). They'll both get knocked out, but merge together from the stands when the tournament is ending in order to avert Universe 6, 7, and 11 from being erased.

So what happened to hits improvement technique thing, he was able to match goku doing kioken times 10 within the course of their fight yet nothing against jiren.

I think they missed a trick with jiren just blasting him out in a single 20m episode. All just to make jiren look OP

Figure Jiren was just too strong, and any improvement he was having didn't show any better.

HeroR

The power different between Hit and Jiren is far more vast than the power different between Hit and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x10 Goku. Remember, Jiren destroyed Goku with a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20. There was no way Hit was going to improved to bridge the gap.

Seiniyta

I love Jiren and the fact we know so very little of him right now but is just this amazing force to be reckoned with. I'm sure as the arc, and the show progresses we'll know more about him. I have a feeling Jiren is a character that'll stick around like Hit.

J4g3r

I'm a bit disappointed with the half-arsed "reveal" of the U6 Namekians - They better not leave it at that...

It was nice to see Champa give Hit some props though - He's softening up to his fighters just like Beerus.

Next week looks interesting, though there looks to be a lot going on so I won't expect much from Gohan/Piccolo vs the U6 Namekians.

Kind of looks like Freeza is going to push Cabba much like Vegeta did in the Universe 6 Saga.

Mithrarin

Neo Member
At this point they should be careful how powerful they want to make Jiren look like. He's become an unstoppable force the last three episodes.

I don't care if Goku hasn't reached full power with his new form yet, but if Jiren gets eliminated by Goku - withouth any help or intereference of other fighers - I would call bullshit. The gap between Jiren and everyone else is just too big, and like Belmod said in this episode, he's on a whole different level.

ajim

At this point they should be careful how powerful they want to make Jiren look like. He's become an unstoppable force the last three episodes.

I don't care if Goku hasn't reached full power with his new form yet, but if Jiren gets eliminated by Goku - withouth any help or intereference of other fighers - I would call bullshit. The gap between Jiren and everyone else is just too big, and like Belmod said in this episode, he's on a whole different level.
I don't see jiren bring defeated in the tournament. Doesn't seem like he can be.

Kysen

Episode sucked, what happened to all the growth talk Hit was chatting when fighting Goku in the prelims. Instead he's just knocked out just like that. U6 are pretty much done for now.

Episode sucked, what happened to all the growth talk Hit was chatting when fighting Goku in the prelims. Instead he's just knocked out just like that. U6 are pretty much done for now.

1. Goku didn't fight Hit in any "preliminaries".
2. Jiren is a freakish monster.

longdi

Banned
I don't see jiren bring defeated in the tournament. Doesn't seem like he can be.

Goku has never defeated a boss within 30mins, so im not sure how jiren can lose besides disqualification...

The only good thing jiren has done is to out cocky the cocky goku. I love how his glance over at goku pisses our mcd eyes off. Hehe

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Piccolo has all of Nail's memory, seeing other Namekians should leave him entirely indifferent.

I love how we keep thinking certain characters will react accordingly when they see new Saiyans, Namekians, Saiyan forms, etc., but nope, none of them seem to give any fucks lol
Definitely wasn't expecting this though.

Such a great character like Hit didn't deserve to go out with a reused animation. They definitely did a disservice to him. He's one of the best DB characters to come out of Super.

KHlover

Banned

The only thing every other fighter could do is give Goku energy for a new Genkidama. They already made Jiren waaay too OP.

HeroR

Goku has never defeated a boss within 30mins, so im not sure how jiren can lose besides disqualification...

The only good thing jiren has done is to out cocky the cocky goku. I love how his glance over at goku pisses our mcd eyes off. Hehe

What are you basing that on?

Top Bottom