• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

That episode was pretty great. Hit was my favorite character coming into the tournament and the dude went out like a champ. He and Goku were the only ones Jiren deemed worthy of personally fighting which is pretty cool and makes it sting less to know that we won't be seeing him fight in the tournament anymore. His moment with Champa was really well done. Without Hit I am no longer sure Universe 6 can survive until the end. I am going to be really fucking bummed if they go.

Also, as others have said, it was nice to see this episode actually feel like a battle royal with lots of shit going on concurrently. I wouldn't have minded an episode of Hit holding Jiren while the U6 Sayins defended Hit from Toppo and the rabbit. That said, I do appreciate the fairly quick pace they have been moving at in this tournament. Compared to One Piece which is currently crawling at the most painfully slow speed ever it is fucking amazing.

I hope they have something more interesting planned for the finale then just Jiren vs Goku round 2, Goku wins because he punches harder.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Finally feels like there's some palpable tension. He's intimidating af.

I don't actually mind that Jiren has no personality at the moment - it really cements the idea that he's an unmatched fighting force, with a mountainous gap between even Goku/Hit/Vegeta/Freeza - our previous benchmark for strongest mortals. He's a steadfast wall - ultimately composed, and utterly unphased by current 'competition'.

Yeah, it's kinda an uninspired angle, but selling him as an unstoppable, un-emotive fighting machine - effectively as perfect as it gets as a fighter atm - is a cool tier for Goku and others to reach toward. He's an extremely compelling addition, as he's so far ahead of others that it feels like are genuinely likely to lose Universe 7. Even with a bevy of power-ups to come (for Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza, and Piccolo hopefully) it's still iffy if combined they can measure up to just one dude.

Sadist

Hope we’ll get a new Gohan form though.

Jiren displaying that arrogance though. Watch him being knocked of by Freeza when Goku goes all out in Ultra Instinct form.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Finally feels like there's some palpable tension. He's intimidating af.

I don't actually mind that Jiren has no personality at the moment - it really cements the idea that he's an unmatched fighting force, with a mountainous gap between even Goku/Hit/Vegeta/Freeza - our previous benchmark for strongest mortals. He's a steadfast wall - ultimately composed, and utterly unphased by current 'competition'.

Yeah, it's kinda an uninspired angle, but selling him as an unstoppable, un-emotive fighting machine - effectively as perfect as it gets as a fighter atm - is a cool tier for Goku and others to reach toward. He's an extremely compelling addition, as he's so far ahead of others that it feels like are genuinely likely to lose Universe 7. Even with a bevy of power-ups to come (for Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza, and Piccolo hopefully) it's still iffy if combined they can measure up to just one dude.

Yeah I'd actually rather they just keep the pace up to be honest. We're not going so fast that the whole tourney is trivial anyway and as you say OP can go way too far the other way. Man the entire arc at Doflamingos town was death by 1000 cuts. I struggle to watch it ever since and it's having similar issues again now.

DBS by contrast is doing a great job of keeping me engaged, much more so than any of the other DBS arcs actually

Skii

Jiren displaying that arrogance though. Watch him being knocked of by Freeza when Goku goes all out in Ultra Instinct form.

Doubt he's getting a new form. He's not really the focus of this arc. Maybe a future one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
That episode was pretty great. Hit was my favorite character coming into the tournament and the dude went out like a champ. He and Goku were the only ones Jiren deemed worthy of personally fighting which is pretty cool and makes it sting less to know that we won't be seeing him fight in the tournament anymore. His moment with Champa was really well done. Without Hit I am no longer sure Universe 6 can survive until the end. I am going to be really fucking bummed if they go.

Also, as others have said, it was nice to see this episode actually feel like a battle royal with lots of shit going on concurrently. I wouldn't have minded an episode of Hit holding Jiren while the U6 Sayins defended Hit from Toppo and the rabbit. That said, I do appreciate the fairly quick pace they have been moving at in this tournament. Compared to One Piece which is currently crawling at the most painfully slow speed ever it is fucking amazing.

I hope they have something more interesting planned for the finale then just Jiren vs Goku round 2, Goku wins because he punches harder.
This perfectly summed up my thoughts

Sadist

Doubt he's getting a new form. He's not really the focus of this arc. Maybe a future one.
I guess :(

Jiren going to meditate means he doesn’t acknowledge Kale’s berserker form. I assume she’ll be the last Universe 6 participant standing, but gets knocked out by Vegeta or something like that.

Ribrianne and her friends seem to be the next to go.

DMJrcsAV4AEs1is.jpg

Source.

My brave Universe. You're so cool and strong. ;_;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

He doesn't need one. He's building on Ultimate and that's honestly the best route for him.

I just hope gohans real daddy gets a powerup and gets to stand on the main stage again. him and gohan taking out the other namekians should be fun.

M.D

I liked this episode.

Hit is the real deal, Jiren pretends hard to be cool

Small note but Kale being in that trio after Hit gave them that talk is more confident than we've ever seen her. She's starting to change.

Servbot24

Banned
I think Goku can tell there's an alterior motive there somewhere. One, because he's Freeza, and two, because of the way he worded it. Dude really wants that wish xD

Yeah I honestly see Frieza somehow winning this in the end and getting the wish to become the big bad of the next arc

Alec

Freeza being helpful, both giving Goku energy and telling him about UI, feels really good. We know it's manipulative in some way, but I love it. I want to know what his real plan is.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Anyone wonder if Hit would have won if it weren't for the no-kill rule? I mean he managed to get one hit in, which is all he needs?

Anyone wonder if Hit would have won if it weren't for the no-kill rule? I mean he managed to get one hit in, which is all he needs?

The blow made an indent in Jiren's chest and sent him flying, so if he went at it with the intention of stopping his heart he might have been able to kill him.

cm osi

frieza being more helpful than vegeta, he gave goku energy twice.
anyway hope we'll see more of the namekians fight with piccolo even if it looks negligible in the midst of all of this

i was screaming at the U6 sayans "THROW HIM OFF" while hit was keeping Jiren frozen but no, he told them to go away to search some enemies to fight

Chase17

Jiren taking a nap when they are in last place of the remaining teams. No one is taking this tournament seriously except Frieza lol.

Annubis

Freeza being helpful, both giving Goku energy and telling him about UI, feels really good. We know it's manipulative in some way, but I love it. I want to know what his real plan is.

The energy part was repayment for when Goku gave him energy on Namek.
Such a long held grudge.

jstripes

Banned
I've got the feeling U11's GoD is scared of, or at least intimidated by, Jiren. He doesn't really show it much, but it's there in his body language.

Also, Beerus isn't too pleased with Goku acquiring UI. That's just more shit he has to deal with if they make it out of the tournament alive.

His plan is pretty simple, really: To not be erased.

Top Bottom