• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Maybe Icyflamez's dream will come true after all.

Only thing I'm worried about with Arched's comment is that everything might clear up when the tournament is completely done and there is no actual fighting taking place with that backdrop.

Yea, but we like Hit tho

Also who got time to judge when considering who's on the U7 roster

It reminds me a bit of the Caulifla situation where a bunch of people were mad at her initial reaction to Goku. We gottta see things from the other perspective.

Guys what if the
explosive new warrior is Cabbage!!!!

e: NVM I think toshio confirmed it was a new character?

Telling a professional assassin who is trying to kill you and by extension your whole universe to get fucked seems reasonable to me.

Yeah but he's supposed to be justice man

He could at least do it with a smile lol

HeroR

Has goku ever been so outclassed by an opponent before? Every other person he fought he at least damaged in the fight.

Maybe his first fight with tao Pai Pai?

And so radit,, maybe?

But why is is a thing? How does it even make sense?

Super Saiyan 3 vs. Beerus, Goku got two-shotted and didn't even land a hit. Old King Piccolo was also a slaughter since the only damaged he did there was biting Piccolo's thumb.

Tao, at least he damaged Tao's clothes before going down.

Good episode and all, but Hit didn't think his plan through. He had no cover and half the tournament to go. Should have had the Saiyans Three cover him while he held Jiren at bay at the end of the tournament. The namekians don't seem particularly interesting either unfortunately. Just a pair of high level goons. I'll wait until their proper debut before I judge though.

Jiren definitely has some mystic eye shit going on. I kept expecting some exposition from Belmod, but it never came. Maybe in the future. Weird to see him actually interact with his teammates.

caliph95

Telling a professional assassin who is trying to kill you and by extension your whole universe to get fucked seems reasonable to me.
Yeah on second thought Jiren was in the right here
Guys what if the
explosive new warrior is Cabbage!!!!

Yeah but he's supposed to be justice man

He could at least do it with a smile lol
Even All Might , SuperMan or Captain America wouldn't smile and would have said the same thinf

Super Saiyan 3 vs. Beerus, Goku got two-shotted and didn't even land a hit. Old King Piccolo was also a slaughter since the only damaged he did there was biting Piccolo's thumb.

Tao, at least he damaged Tao's clothes before going down.

Oh yeah, you're right about beerus

Don't remember when he fought old king piccolo, only after he wished for youth

M.D

I want Jiren to be defeated with Kale holding him down in place and Goku gut punching him repeatedly until he's on his knees and
then Kale takes her huge Berserk feet and stomps his head and all there's left is a bunch of goo

Tamanon

Banned
I want Jiren to not be defeated, but still lose the tourney because his universe only has one left, and universe 7 has Goku and Gohan left.

LotusHD

Banned
It reminds me a bit of the Caulifla situation where a bunch of people were mad at her initial reaction to Goku. We gottta see things from the other perspective.

I mean, sure, but it's not like Jiren is still a dick regardless of whether or not he mocked Hit's profession. Due to his previous comments and demeanor, we see that there's shades of both him being a dick, but also him kind of being in the right. Although that makes the assumption that he dislikes killing, that him and his teammates have never engaged in it, etc. :p

HeroR

Oh yeah, you're right about beerus

Don't remember when he fought old king piccolo, only after he wished for youth

I can't see how you can forget. It's one of the most brutal beat downs Goku got in the series. Piccolo beat him so bad that he stopped Goku's heart.

There is also Goku vs. 19 after the virus really got to Goku.

LotusHD

Banned
I want Jiren to not be defeated, but still lose the tourney because his universe only has one left, and universe 7 has Goku and Gohan left.

I wouldn't mind such an outcome, if only out of fear as to how they'd top Jiren if Goku does indeed beat him.

I mean, sure, but it's not like Jiren is still a dick regardless of whether or not he mocked Hit's profession. Due to his previous comments and demeanor, we see that there's shades of both him being a dick, but also him kind of being in the right. Although that makes the assumption that he dislikes killing, that him and his teammates have never engaged in it, etc. :p

I'm only talking about the reaction to his comment towards Hit. Not anything else.

I can't see how you can forget. It's one of the most brutal beat downs Goku got in the series. Piccolo beat him so bad that he stopped Goku's heart.

There is also Goku vs. 19 after the virus really got to Goku.

Haven't watched og dragonball in a while. I remember mostly the 23rd Tenkaichi budokai, the rest is just gaps lol

19 doesn't count since Goku would have won, not like 19 was stronger than him

caliph95

I mean they only kill for Justice :p

I think the issue isn't the killing part but the hit man part

Tsunamo

My favourite line from this petition.

I don't even why you would mention Gohan. Aside from this tournament, Gohan hasn't really done anything.
Gohan fans are everywhere, even in Hit petitions.

This bit got me good aswell

is akira going crazy day by day like a old man?

i think he have mentally problem
I want to believe this is a joke, but then I remember that this is the internet and it could well be completely serious
Would not suprise me in the least if it was real.
I'm kind of glad that Jiren is a huge dick
It was one of my favorite qualities of his this episode. Both that and saying there's no one worth fighting in front of Goku.

RocknRola

dkagKhX.gif

Much more of this please :3

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I DO NOT WANT ANY SPOILERS

Is there a Manga for Super and if so, has it gone in the same direction or is Golden Brolly fighting Ultra Instinct Cell or something?

LotusHD

Banned

Is there a Manga for Super and if so, has it gone in the same direction or is Golden Brolly fighting Ultra Instinct Cell or something?

There is a manga for Super, it is behind the anime, it has similarities for the most part in terms of plot points; it hasn't crazily diverted from what the anime is doing. That said, that could very well change for this current arc, but that is yet to be seen until the next chapter comes out.

Skeeter49

Both the anime and manga branch off from Toriyama's outline.

The central plotline is there, but how the plotline comes into play, and how it's resolved are entirely different between manga and anime.

Some like the manga, others don't. It's very mixed.

Tsunamo

It follows the same general direction/story for arcs but due to how vague at times Toriyamas outline can be and how it's monthly the story for each arc playsout very differently.

If you're thirsty for more Super and feel like reading it it's definitely worth it (and I think all the chapters are free to read on Viz.com?)

Kevinroc

Yes, there is a manga. Akira Toriyama does an outline for an arc and lets the anime and manga fill in the gaps. So while there are some very basic similarities, they interpret certain events VERY differently. Because you don't want spoilers, I won't be providing any examples.

Skeeter49

So now that Caulifla is listening to Kyabe, can we stop calling her a one note character?

Same for Kale now that she's showing a want to fight in her base form?

Somewhat deflating that Hit didn't really bring out anything in the way of a bag of tricks the likes of which he was supposed to have but couldn't use on Goku since the very first time they fought even before getting stronger since then, and the one thing he did essentially amounted to an inferior version of Roshi's Bikkuri Lightning Technique as far as general utility.

The moves and flow to the fight were solid though, in something of a technical sense. Still not REALLY getting there to styles as it should....but still.

NeonZ

That actually tells us his whole aura is gold.

Not necessarily. See the Kienzan or even the generic blast Piccolo uses there. Technique color isn't necessarily the same as actual aura color.

Somewhat deflating that Hit didn't really bring out anything in the way of a bag of tricks the likes of which he was supposed to have but couldn't use on Goku since the very first time they fought even before getting stronger since then, and the one thing he did essentially amounted to an inferior version of Roshi's Bikkuri Lightning Technique as far as general utility.

The moves and flow to the fight were solid though, in something of a technical sense. Still not REALLY getting there to styles as it should....but still.

We've already seen Hit fighting for real in his rematch with Goku. He used the invisible punch and the after-image trick that Jiren blocked here.

Top Bottom