• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Durden77

I really hope there's more to Hit after this. So much of the artwork/merch and shit has focused on Hit, to the point to where I thought (and hoped) he would end up having a much larger role to play. While I do think that he went out like a champ, having him eliminated before the halfway point of the tournament seems initially pretty disappointing to me.

I still have faith this isn't it for him with this arc though. We'll see.

Skeeter49

I am excited for next weeks episode.

Vegeta might not be consistently written well in Super, but Toshio usually handles Vegeta well from my understanding.

Astral Dog

Last episode was shitty, like seriously shitty and not because of what happened.

Im a bit dissapointed after last week's goodness :( at least NEP looks more fun

Ribrianne is written....oddly.

Like her scene in the opening and her fight with Vegeta makes her seem somewhat powerful. (Seems to be at least on par with Super Saiyan Vegeta.)

Then her fight with base form Goku made her look like she was wearing clown shoes.

Durden77

Is there a reason why Jiren isn't knocking out Goku right now other than plot armor?

Because he either...

A. Truly thinks Goku is not worth his time in his mind.

B. Believes that Goku has to potential to be a worthy opponent to him, and is giving him time to find that potential. Him dissing him was his way of "encouraging him". (I think this is the most likely)

C.
Plot armor. Actually, yeah it's just plot armor either way.

Slaythe

Ribrianne seems to have a terrible track record, but her longevity is actually second to none.

She survived Vegeta, 17, Goku, and Vegeta again.

NeonZ

Ribrianne is written....oddly.

Like her scene in the opening and her fight with Vegeta makes her seem somewhat powerful. (Seems to be at least on par with Super Saiyan Vegeta.)

Then her fight with base form Goku made her look like she was wearing clown shoes.

She also easily broke 17's barrier, but in these recent episodes she was trash (not only Goku, Base Vegeta also easily beat her this time).

Did they show character development for Champa? He was ready to kill Hit for losing at much smaller stakes, but now he respected his loss.

If U4 bugs will become the secret power house that cause Jiren to be dropped, they’ll instantly be best Universe.

caliph95

Ribrianne seems to have a terrible track record, but her longevity is actually second to none.

She survived Vegeta, 17, Goku, and Vegeta again.
Ribranne will win the tournament by being the last person standing while everyone knock each other out and ignore her

M.D

So did Jiren indirectly confirm he was needed to take out Kale at the end of this episode?

p5YoYmA.gif

LordOfChaos

I had hoped Hit would have done a little better, we all knew he was outclassed but apart from two party tricks it wasn't even close.

When he asked the kids for help I also thought he was going to get them to gang up on then-frozen Jiren, if they couldn't have done damage they could have exploded the ground around him, and it was only later that he was able to move.

Alas. I'm calling an all-Saiyan teamup on Jiren in the end from the NEP.

Skeeter49

I had hoped Hit would have done a little better, we all knew he was outclassed but apart from two party tricks it wasn't even close.

Alas. I'm calling an all-Saiyan teamup on Jiren in the end from the NEP.

Vegeta and Kyabe would need to last past 112 for that to happen.

AdanVC

What's with all the hate towards the female fighters of the tourney?? Now with Ribrianne, geez :( I actually starting to like her. She is gonna be that character that nobody gave a damn at the beginning but end up playing an important role in the end. She might end up being among the last fighters on the tournament.

Real Hero

What's with all the hate towards the female fighters of the tourney?? Now with Ribrianne, geez :( I actually starting to like her. She is gonna be that character that nobody gave a damn at the beginning but end up playing an important role in the end. She might end up being among the last fighters on the tournament.

Well because they are female. Before anyone whines yes there's legit criticism etc etc but there's a reason why the new female fighters in a show about serious punching men get a more vocal kind of hatred anytime they pop up

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Did they show character development for Champa? He was ready to kill Hit for losing at much smaller stakes, but now he respected his loss.

At this point, what's the use in getting angry? If they lose, they're erased.
They're basically on their collective death beds. Seems pointless to react in any way other than "Ah well, so be it" when you consider the finality of defeat

ZangBa

Damn, Hit is so dope. He really should stick around after this arc somehow. I'm excited for some Piccolo action, and I guess Gohan is there too but whatever. They can go ahead and eliminate those U2 people already, I think we've all had enough of them.

Still need to watch the new episode...

But Re:LatAm Black sounds soooooo good. Can't wait for the Gohan and Pan episode and for Zamasu to show up.
Hopefully Goku being exhausted as fuck (even with Frieza's energy) means he'll be out of the loop for a couple of episodes at least. Good thing next episode will be focused on Hit vs Jiren.
Yeah I'm hoping he stays down for a while. It's crazy how many people he has gotten to fight compared to others.
It makes me wonder if theyre getting Mais original eng va or someone else...maybe kid mais actress just sounding older
It'd be cool if they keep up with the continuity as well.
Never doubt the man.

Mai isn't voiced by her OG VA.
Hmm really? I'm sure she is. Maybe she just sounds different to you due to not voicing her for a long while.

Top Bottom