• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Slime guy was the one to attack them first, though. Jiern chose to stop Kale even though she didn't have anything to do with them at moment.
Kale did take out Vuon

I think Jiren is willing to take out fighters that annoy him, such as Kale an Maji Kayo

He was about to take out Ribrianne too but Vegeta fired a blast at her first

Ribrianne is written....oddly.

Like her scene in the opening and her fight with Vegeta makes her seem somewhat powerful. (Seems to be at least on par with Super Saiyan Vegeta.)

Then her fight with base form Goku made her look like she was wearing clown shoes.

Storywise could it be that she's running out of steam?

At this point, what's the use in getting angry? If they lose, they're erased.
They're basically on their collective death beds. Seems pointless to react in any way other than "Ah well, so be it" when you consider the finality of defeat

It just looks like Champa’s personality is different from back then. Even U10 GoD Rumshi was very angry until the final eliminations.

M.D

By that logic Jiren was also needed to take out that slime guy from Universe 3

No

He decided to take out Maji Kayo too

No he didn't,Toppo was about to take him out and Jiren was like

move

No, that's not the same logic at all.

First of all, Maji Kayo was going after Jiren and not the other way around. He said so himself.

In the case of Kale, it was Jiren who directly went after her.

Second, Jiren was not needed to take out Maji Kayo as far as we know.
He did overpower Dyspo, but the moment he set him free both Dyspo and Toppo were ready to go after him.
The logical explanation as to why Jiren would bother to go after him is he was

1. Right next to him
2. Maji Kayo went after him
3. They were big on saving energy before, and he saved Dyspo and Toppo from a fight when he knew he could blow him away with one blow just like he did

In the case of Kale, after she took out Vuon and we see her screaming shake the arean and create a dent where she was standing, we see a shot of the entire cast of the Pride Troopers, Toppo says 'Even her voice alone is this powerful' and no one was going to do anything. Only then Jiren jumps and says 'I'll take this'

It just looks like Champa’s personality is different from back then. Even U10 GoD Rumshi was very angry until the final eliminations.

Champa always was weirdly caring/nice sometimes.

For this it just seems like he's not as caught up in his bitter rivalry vs Beerus at the moment, and Hit was actually giving it his all and not so obviously throwing a match.

dickroach

"I have Jiren frozen one fucking foot away from the edge of the arena. quick! go run somewhere else instead of just pushing him off!"

that might have been the stupidest thing in the entirety of Dragon Ball

VeeP

Now if Gohan wasn't there.

Let him fight them both alone please.

It's pretty obvious whats gonna happen.

Throughout the series, we've seen Piccolo protect Gohan. He saved him from Nappa, Broly, Freiza, etc. A few episodes ago we saw Piccolo lose his arm saving Gohan.

We'll get a scene where Piccolo is on the ropes, about to be finished, but Gohan jumps in the way protected Piccolo.

Piccolo remembers all those great times the two had, see's his son injured, and gets angry. Allowing him the power to ascend to Super Namekian God Mode
or something.

4fb21ecae9645f6209169bc2d5d0d22d050bca08_hq.jpg

Pls just give Piccolo something

No, that's not the same logic at all.

First of all, Maji Kayo was going after Jiren and not the other way around. He said so himself.

In the case of Kale, it was Jiren who directly went after her.

Second, Jiren was not needed to take out Maji Kayo as far as we know.
He did overpower Dyspo, but the moment he set him free both Dyspo and Toppo were ready to go after him.
The logical explanation as to why Jiren would bother to go after him is he was

1. Right next to him
2. Maji Kayo went after him
3. They were big on saving energy before, and he saved Dyspo and Toppo from a fight when he knew he could blow him away with one blow just like he did

In the case of Kale, after she took out Vuon and we see her screaming shake the arean and create a dent where she was standing, we see a shot of the entire cast of the Pride Troopers, Toppo says 'Even her voice alone is this powerful' and no one was going to do anything. Only then Jiren jumps and says 'I'll take this'

Maji Kayo didn't go after him though, he attacked dyspo, dyspo escaped, Jiren stepped up after he told Toppo to move, dyspo escaped, and Maji Kayo was like "oh well,you were my target anyways"

He never attacked Jiren,even though Jiren was his goal, they squared off because Jiren wanted to.

Same with Kale. We don't know if Toppo would have stepped up because Jiren did.

I think Jiren was just annoyed by both of them

"I have Jiren frozen one fucking foot away from the edge of the arena. quick! go run somewhere else instead of just pushing him off!"

How would any of them get through Jirens wall of ki? Kale maybe, but I don't think she had the energy for a transformation.

Now, breaking up the edge of the arena under Jiren would have been a good idea.

hohoXD123

Hit with his super ultra final attack couldn't get through Jiren's glare barrier. What hope do a few newbie saiyans have?

Azerare

But then we get the ending of the episode where they state you have to be decent enough to go through his wall of energy he's outputting as a shield. And Goku couldn't get jiren to move from his hits until he went God form.

Hit with his super ultra final attack couldn't get through Jiren's glare barrier. What hope do a few newbie saiyans have?

This too.

You don't have to like it. But acknowledge that Jiren is really in a class of his own.

Boke1879

Yup.

To say the plot writing in super is bad is an understatement.

Yall act like the entire series of Dragon ball outside of Super is some gold standard of good writing.

And that example is like the least egregious in this entire series. There were plenty of times in Z where the heroes decided to do some fuck shit when they could have ended the thread immediately.

M.D

Maji Kayo didn't go after him though, he attacked dyspo, dyspo escaped, Jiren stepped up after he told Toppo to move, dyspo escaped, and Maji Kayo was like "oh well,you were my target anyways"

He never attacked Jiren, they squared off because Jiren wanted to

Same with Kale. We don't know if Toppo would have stepped up because Jiren did.

I think Jiren was just annoyed by both of them

Watch that fight again.

The first thing Maji Kayo does is coming to Jiren from the back and trying to punch him, then Dyspo kicks him away.

When Toppo is about to act and Jiren tells him to move, Maji Kayo says 'Here comes the boss at last. I was after you from the start anyways'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4BBqJ7OF5Y

Yall act like the entire series of Dragon ball outside of Super is some gold standard of good writing.

And that example is like the least egregious in this entire series. There were plenty of times in Z where the heroes decided to do some fuck shit when they could have ended the thread immediately.

There's usually a reason at least.

LordOfChaos

Caulifa: Shouldn't we help him?
Cabba: Can't you see he has to fight this battle on his own? He's fighting for the honor of his fallen comrade!
Hit: Help me! For the love of god, help me!
Cabba: Like a hero

It's pretty obvious whats gonna happen.

Throughout the series, we've seen Piccolo protect Gohan. He saved him from Nappa, Broly, Freiza, etc. A few episodes ago we saw Piccolo lose his arm saving Gohan.

We'll get a scene where Piccolo is on the ropes, about to be finished, but Gohan jumps in the way protected Piccolo.

Piccolo remembers all those great times the two had, see's his son injured, and gets angry. Allowing him the power to ascend to Super Namekian God Mode
or something.

Pls just give Piccolo something

It's about fucking time Gohan protects Piccolo like that.

PLEASE.

A shit reason. Much like the reason gave Hit to the rest of his squad.

What was the reason Hit gave?

If we are talking about Cell Saga like shenanigans, I dont agree that most of that stuff is actually bad writing. As long as thier bad choices are justified within their characters and motives, it's fine.

Like that stuff posted below my comment.

Fj0823

"Guys we have three years to find and kill Dr. Gero before he activates the androids and save the future, let's do it"

"Nah, training"

"Yo Trunks your dad will let Cell transform, you can kill him DO IT!"

"Nah, Daddy's ego is more important"

"Yo Cell, have a Senzu"

The best writing.

ZangBa

Ribrianne was cool in the beginning, but now she just exists to job to base form sayians with never ending love nonsense. Flush them down the toiler already.

Except their respective universe is on the line, and the chance of knocking out the most powerful guy in the tournament was wasted because...reasons.

I knew going in super was a show where your turn off your brain, and I even mentioned it before, but that was a good example of terrible plot writing imo.

Is it confirmed the tournament will "end" properly? I still think there will be some kind of disruption/event that ends the tournament and not the time/win condition.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If they are strong enough to match goku in super saiyan then they are strong enough to penetrate jiren's barrier, that is if he making a even stronger barrier than he normally does

Except their respective universe is on the line, and the chance of knocking out the most powerful guy in the tournament was wasted because...reasons.

There was no chance. Everybody watched the fight between Jiren and Goku and saw that he can defend against people below a certain level with his ki.

Three worn out Saiyans certainly couldn't break through that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
"Guys we have three years to find and kill Dr. Gero before he activates the androids and save the future, let's do it"

"Nah, training"

"Yo Cell, have a Senzu"

The best writing.
Now that last one is just goku being batshit crazy like he normally is

Skeeter49

There's usually a reason at least.

The reason is Cabba's an idiot, and Hit electing him as team captain is the stupidest thing he could have done.

There was no chance. Everybody watched the fight between Jiren and Goku and saw that he can defend against people below a certain level with his ki.

Three worn out Saiyans certainly couldn't break through that.
2 worn out saiyans. Cabba's fine.

That or Jiren having goku defense less opposite him and just sitting there meditating instead of finishing (maybe) the one person capable of resisting him off

Reset

?! I don't remember that. Doesn't Vegeta get in the way? Then Trunks ends up knocking him away, but he's to late to reach Cell by then.

Top Bottom