• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Fj0823

They're all in character. Except for maybe the first one in regards to some of the other characters that aren't the Saiyans

Sorry, but Trunks came in on a mission to save the future, a promise he made to his mother.

And he threw it all away to protect his father's ego despite calling him out on his stupidity moments before.

That's OOC as fuck.

caliph95

Except their respective universe is on the line, and the chance of knocking out the most powerful guy in the tournament was wasted because...reasons.
Last time we saw them they were tired and needed to rest and you need to be a certain level to get psst his shield plus he only moves for at least God level otherwise he can tank it

And Kale is probably too tired

daveo42

Banned
Great episode. Poor Hit eating that L by the end. I love U6, but Hit's plan was stupid af, if only because Goku v Jiren 2 still has to happen and there's no way for Jiren to go out yet. Locking him back up means it's time to clean up the scrub league.

I love U2, but they are shaping up to be fairly weak. So much for love.

Skeeter49

?! I don't remember that. Doesn't Vegeta get in the way? Then Trunks ends up knocking him away, but he's to late to reach Cell by then.

It takes Vegeta a little while to interfere. Trunks does fight Semi Perfect Cell even if it is brief. Trunks would have had the power to blow Cell up in one hit, yet holds back because he still wants to hide his true power. He focuses on throwing punches at him, knocking him from 18 so she can escape. You're not fucking Tien, you have the power to kill him, just do it.

And he's right next to 18 at one point, and tells her to run instead of blowing her up. He gives no fucks about her, it'd take 2 seconds to kill her.

I'm not that caught up with the scene because I think there are things they easily could have made clear in the moment to justify it, like Hit stating that the Saiyans simply aren't strong enough to do anything, or that their attacks would phase through anyway since he was supposedly trapped in Hit's dimension.

Sorry, but Trunks came in on a mission to save the future, a promise he made to his mother.

And he threw it all away to protect his father's ego despite calling him out on his stupidity moments before.

That's OOC as fuck.

He's been obsessed with his Dad since he was first introduced. So yeah, completely in character.

NeonZ

Cabba and Caulifla would probably have "pushed" Jiren as far as SSJ and SSJ2 Goku did last week.

They could just blow up the floor. Although it seemed like after they changed the camera angle Jiren was much farther from the edge than he was in the initial shots.

That's OOC as fuck.

Trunks did attempt to stop Cell's transformation though. Vegeta got in the way, he blasted Vegeta, then he rushed to Cell but was blinded by a Taiyoken. Then he even attempted to attack Cell while he was transforming, but his attacks just did no damage at all. The only thing he hid was his useless buffer transformation.

HeroR

?! I don't remember that. Doesn't Vegeta get in the way? Then Trunks ends up knocking him away, but he's to late to reach Cell by then.

Trunks at full power could have killed Semi-Perfect Cell, but he hid it so he wouldn't hurt Vegeta's feelings, after he sold everyone out and let Cell eat 18. It's no doubt Trunks' lowest moment as a character.

Hit put in work. Jiren is cheating. He has to have some extra help. He's cocky but definitely the strongest out there. I don't think U4's invisible entrants are going to change anything to drastically, but I guess we'll see.

Skeeter49

I'm not that caught up with the scene because I think there are things they easily could have made clear in the moment to justify it, like Hit stating that the Saiyans simply aren't strong enough to do anything, or that their attacks would phase through anyway since he was supposedly trapped in Hit's dimension.

He's been obsessed with his Dad since he was first introduced. So yeah, completely in character.
That's what I kind of assumed. If they went for a hit on him, they would phase through Jiren.

Either way, I feel like it's in Hit's character. He does things by himself, and he takes finishing his mission very seriously.

DMMWXkHU8AAklOl.jpg

Source.

Fj0823

They could just blow up the floor. Although it seemed like after they changed the camera angle Jiren was much farther from the edge than he was in the initial shots.

Trunks did attempt to stop Cell's transformation though. Vegeta got in the way, he blasted Vegeta, then he rushed to Cell but was blinded by a Taiyoken. Then he even attempted to attack Cell while he was transforming, but his attacks just did no damage at all. The only thing he hid was his useless buffer transformation.

Which could've destroyed imperfect Cell in one hit

He chose to hide his ace card at the most critical moment. All for Daddy's ego.

Attacks would phase through but Jiren is magically not phasing through the floor though.

Fj0823

He didn't get the chance to attack Imperfect Cell though, he was blinded by a Taiyoken and when he recovered Imperfect Cell already absorbed 18.

I know, but in that kind of situation you pull out your best shit ASAP.

He chose not to. Everything happened because he didn't go all in as he himself told us he should have.

But somehow that's more in character than the lone assassin going all "I got this"

Destroying the floor would have been a good idea, but the floor is made extra sturdy isn't it? I don't remember right now, did we have a SSJ or SSJ2 destroy perfectly intact parts of the arena before?

Skeeter49

Destroying the floor would have been a good idea, but the floor is made extra sturdy isn't it? I don't remember right now, did we have a SSJ or SSJ2 destroy perfectly intact parts of the arena before?

Tien destroyed part of the floor.

Either the GP fucked up the arena, or the gods who cleaned up the mess right before the tournament fucked up repairing it.

Ok, so why physically fight at all? Just fuck them up with eye powers and be done with it.

Blow up the floor like someone mentioned earlier.
Wait I misunderstood what you were saying.

Didn't seem like they factored the floor into that logic if that's what they were going for, but you can say the same thing about Hit whenever he uses that technique.

Fj0823

Cauli did, but with time frozen, Jiren would just stay floating

Tien destroyed part of the floor.

Either the GP fucked up the arena, or the gods who cleaned up the mess right before the tournament fucked up repairing it.

I agree. Something happened because it makes no sense to me lol.

Wait I misunderstood what you were saying.

Didn't seem like they factored the floor into that logic if that's what they were going for, but you can say the same thing about Hit whenever he uses that technique.

Yea.

NimbusD

Jiren was able to still move through the Time hold whatever it is and eventually nullify it, there was no way they were gonna be able to push him off.
If u6 were working as a team, they could a just destroyed the ground under him since he was at the edge, but I feel like that's the kind of stuff that never gets considered.

Nightbird

They're all in character. Except for maybe the first one in regards to some of the other characters that aren't the Saiyans

And the Assassin that almost always fights alone unless it's absolutely required, sending his partners away because he thought he got this was OoC?

Ingeniero

I really liked this episode, Hit fight was badass.
NEP was great too.
Cabbage hype is good hype and it seems to be a Vegeta centered episode.

VeeP

It's about fucking time Gohan protects Piccolo like that.

PLEASE.

Honestly, I started that out as a joke post, but I would really love something like that. Piccolo and Gohan have one of the best relationships in the series. If your gonna have them fight together, take advantage of it. Hopefully they deliver.

If u6 were working as a team, they could a just destroyed the ground under him since he was at the edge, but I feel like that's the kind of stuff that never gets considered.

Jiren is essentially levitating right now as he meditates I see no reason who wouldn't do the same if the floor was destroyed underneath him

I want Jiren to be defeated with Kale holding him down in place and Goku gut punching him repeatedly until he's on his knees and
then Kale takes her huge Berserk feet and stomps his head and all there's left is a bunch of goo

And I want a million dollars to fall on my lap in the next 24 hours. Guess what's more likely to happen.

Top Bottom