• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Hollycat

So that little things Jirens armor did after hit froze him... self repairing armor? Jiren to be a tiny purple alien in an almighty Jiren suit? Jiren wished on the super dragon balls to be made of mighty putty?

Mory Dunz

One thing that is dumb:

Goku is the only one who's shown the possiblilty of beating Jiren.
Does Jiren know all the ins and outs of Ultra Instinct?

No he doesn't cause nobody seems to. He doesn't know if Goku can get it back, so why leave him "alive"? When he's right there.

it'd be different (and better) if Goku was hiding and Jiren was like well I don't see him anywhere and no one else is strong, so I'll meditate.

Astral Dog

One thing that is dumb:

No he doesn't cause nobody seems to. He doesn't know if Goku can get it back, so why leave him "alive"? When he's right there.

it'd be different (and better) if Goku was hiding and Jiren was like well I don't see him anywhere and no one else is strong, so I'll meditate.
he said that was Goku's limit and beat him. For Jiren the battle is over and he will just rest thats a screw you to Goku

Effect

I have to say I really don't like Jiren. It's really the lack of personality that Jiren has that is doing it for me. Yeah he's speaking more now but it's all about how how others aren't a challenge. That's not a personality. That's just boasting. The other members of U11 have gotten far more development with less screen time I think. He's just a force of nature and that's how they're constantly presenting him and it's just boring. In their desire to make him seem mysterious they've just done a huge disservice to the character. I just want him gone and I don't even care how it happens at this point. He could trip and fall off the stage. I look back at Hit and how he wasn't that talkative but then after Frost got knocked out and Hit went after him he started being interest and that increased greatly as he and Goku fought. I got nothing out of that Goku and Jiren fight that made my opinion of Jiren improve. I just got more annoyed after the hype of seeing Goku's new form started to wear off.

I'm looking more toward so many other potential fights then I am any fight with Jiren at this point. It was annoying when he wasn't pushed off. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a character in Dragon Ball. I've been annoyed by some but never outright disliked one until now.

Vegeta reminds me of Doofenshmirtz or something in this pic

xEJHst0.png

I say Jeer - Ren.

Isn't that how the show says it too?

Yes

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just makes me think U11 will get screwed by the time limit in the end. They're too confident with who they have left.

One thing that is dumb:

Jiren doesn't care because he still didn't break a sweat even against UI. Even if Goku does get it back, it's no longer a concern. He can stop meditating on the last minute and beat him.

Also Jiren is Gee Ren.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
One thing that is dumb:

If anything it feels like they played the Goku vs. Jiren card too early.

Skeeter49

Yeah, I don't think they needed the scene of Jiren looking at Goku. Him not going for Goku would make a lot more sense if he didn't know where Goku was.

But I guess it's needed for Goku to hear Jiren say he's not worth fighting, but Goku could have been hidden under rocks and heard it just as well.

Mory Dunz

Jiren doesn't care because he still didn't break a sweat even against UI. Even if Goku does get it back, it's no longer a concern. He can stop meditating on the last minute and beat him.

Also Jiren is Gee Ren.

Hit confirmed stronger than UI tho. Team Hit

I don't know about too early. It's been months....and this is all they've hyped (which is probably another mistake).
They haven't been hyping Frieza vs Hit, or Frost vs Vegeta, or Goku vs Toppo or anything. Frieza and Frost was a wash.

They had to do this fight, cause that's all they've alluded too. They have just handled it poorly in some areas.

Rutger

Banned

Having just Jiren as the biggest threat was a mistake. No other contestant is near the same level so many fights just don't feel like a big deal, so Goku vs. Jiren being played now was the only option to try and raise tension in the arc.

Well, I guess there's Frieza too, but unfortunately he is on U7's side so he won't be free to do anything big until endgame and pretty much worthless until then.

They would have been able to balance things out better if nearly all participating universes had at least one Goku level character.

Kyzer

Banned
Goku + Ultra Instinct gets him to a little bit above Hit level. Hit and Jiren are strong af. It's worth noting though that Goku was fighting while literally already spent of energy, if he could achieve UI while not already basically on the brink of death he should be at Jiren level. Well that and Zenkai

Mory Dunz

Goku + Ultra Instinct gets him to a little bit above Hit level. Hit and Jiren are strong af.

Hit vs Frieza would be good.

But now we're probably we'll get Frieza vs one of the lame sayains

You know what screw it, they wasted Hit. This was dumb. Him vs almost anyone could be a top tier fight imo.

Skeeter49

IMO it should have happened sooner.

A lot of fights would have made more sense if Goku couldn't fight in SSJ/ SSB/ UI due to fatigue.

I kind of wish the tournament started with Jiren and Goku.

cm osi

I just want the U6 Namekians to do something for Piccolo's strength when it comes to the Saiyans.

piccolo is my fav but dragon ball progression is showing new enemies and make the old enemies/allies weak, hit already got put aside. no chances old characters are reaching the sayans level (i guess 17 is the exception?)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Having just Jiren as the biggest threat was a mistake. No other contestant is near the same level so many fights just don't feel like a big deal, so Goku vs. Jiren being played now was the only option to try and raise tension in the arc.

Well, I guess there's Frieza too, but unfortunately he is on U7's side so he won't be free to do anything big until endgame and pretty much worthless until then.

They would have been able to balance things out better if nearly all participating universes had at least one Goku level character.

This is true. Making most of the other contestants barely a threat was their first mistake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Also Jiren is Gee Ren.

Pretty much. Even with UI Goku landed all of two hits. Hit seemed to push him a little further.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

A lot of fights would have made more sense if Goku couldn't fight in SSJ/ SSB/ UI due to fatigue.

Maybe. Or if they had gone the all the way and eliminated him instead of Jiren essentially throwing salt all over his wounds.

Kyzer

Banned
Hit vs Frieza would be good.

But now we're probably we'll get Frieza vs one of the lame sayains

You know what screw it, they wasted Hit. This was dumb. Him vs almost anyone could be a top tier fight imo.

Hit would wipe the floor with Frieza according to the last episode

I would like an explanation for how Jiren is able to achieve such a strong base form, along with Dyspos racial similarities to Beerus and Champa.

RocknRola

This is true. Making most of the other contestants barely a threat was their first mistake.

At the same time, if they had, say, like 10 Goku/Gohan/Vegeta level contestants, then it would be extremely hard to work in the Jiren final fight as those fights (while likely very cool to see unfold) would also mean Goku would reach him with very little stamina.

They should have had some more mid-upp tier opponents. Folks that while not on the top level couldn't be pushed aside by one or two powerful hits. Basically more Ribriannes but less annoying :p

I feel like they knew this Arc was going to be long as hell so they needed something in the middle to break it up and keep people engaged. Thus the hype and promo going into Jiren vs Goku. To go out and spoil a brand new form like that weeks in advance is weird. Now it's back to filler until the conclusion. I hope this isn't the literal halfway point. I feel like it's going to be more rinse and repeat of the first half.

Rising_Hei

Well, Jiren is just confident that no matter what anyone does, he'd still would be able to take care of it, he's simply that confident.

He just saw an incredible transformation, and it wasn't much for him for wathever reason, why should he think anyone else stands a chance?

And if there's a 0,0001 % in his mind of trouble happening, i think he'd enjoy it, because he's a martial artist, too.

I think that the three saiyans of Universe 6 are going to agree to give Goku a huge boost with their Saiyan powers because they simply have no other chance to stand against Universe 11 (maybe there's some kind of agreement prior to this). This will give birth to a even more badass form of UI, along with Goku renewed forces he could maintain this time and finally beat Jiren's ass off. This is the only thing the writers could pull off to make Goku regain strength,
in my opinion

Oregano

Hit would wipe the floor with Frieza according to the last episode

I would like an explanation for how Jiren is able to achieve such a strong base form, along with Dyspos racial similarities to Beerus and Champa.

Dyspo doesn't look anything like Champa and his fashionable, cherubic face!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If we're lucky episodes will continue to be like 111 and 112 with multiple things going on during the course of it. No more self-contained stories from here on out will help keep the pace up.

HeroR

Yeah, I don't think they needed the scene of Jiren looking at Goku. Him not going for Goku would make a lot more sense if he didn't know where Goku was.

But I guess it's needed for Goku to hear Jiren say he's not worth fighting, but Goku could have been hidden under rocks and heard it just as well.

He can sense ki.

You have a weird definition of early since Goku fighting Jiren has been in the intro since the arc started back in Feb.

Mory Dunz

If we're lucky episodes will continue to be like 111 and 112 with multiple things going on during the course of it. No more self-contained stories from here on out will help keep the pace up.

yea, that's what I've been saying. B and C plots so it's not episodic.

HardRojo

May Kamisama hear you. I guess we'll be seeing some action between Vegeta/Ribrianne or whoever he finds next, Cabba/Vegeta and Gohan&Piccolo/Namekians.

HeavenlyE

We're gonna get a new entry into that thread about favorite examples of people holding back when Gohan reveals Ultra Mystic Super Saiyan 4 God Instinct

HeroR

Not really since we have all the Saiyans saving stamina by not transforming.

We got thst from 107 onward since Goku was stuck fighting Ribrianne for three epsoides.

caliph95

Which I agree I ended up waiting for Jiren for tension but the other universes rarely get any wins and feel lacking in strength

The pride troopers had most of their guys out in like two episodes even their 2nd and third strongest guys don't really do anything, they are among the strongest people in the tournament but they haven't knocked anyone out but fucking Cabba knocks two guys out casually in his base while Dyspo has one fight that we see him and he loses

Ribranne strength is weird and seems to change by episode and to fill time

Doesn't help most of them seem to exist to get knocked out, yes it's cool that other underutilized fighters gets to be cool but it undercuts a lot of the tension when most or entire universes don't feel like big deal

Kyzer

Banned
I think it's pretty obvious the end goal of super is to have Goku placed firmly above everyone in all the universes in terms of strength. I'm glad they didn't pull 12 Jiren level guys out of their ass and that Goku really has reached the godly level of strength that the series implied up until now

Basically I think Toriyama came back and made Super specifically just to nullify GT

Top Bottom