• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Finally watched the episode

Woooo U6 going down. Enjoyed the fight too. And finally the Namekians make an appearance!

NEP: Bleh at Vegeta helping Cabba. Hopefully Freezer destroys Cabba.
We got thst from 107 onward since Goku was stuck fighting Ribrianne for three epsoides.
ugh
The pride troopers had most of their guys out in like two episodes even their 2nd and third strongest guys don't really do anything, they are among the strongest people in the tournament but they haven't knocked anyone out but fucking Cabba knocks two guys out casually in his base while Dyspo has one fight that we see him and he loses
ugh

am i missing something why would jiren not just finish them off i assume the team with the most left win right and his universe is down to 3 so why is he chilling now?

caliph95

am i missing something why would jiren not just finish them off i assume the team with the most left win right and his universe is down to 3 so why is he chilling now?
Real reason: so Jiren doesn't knock out fighters that going to have focus and keep him in top condition

In universe: save stamina and then knock out stragglers after some time pass

LordOfChaos

DMI8IdNXcAIrHE4.jpg

How did this go so underrated lol

Hit: It's time to make the donuts!
Jiren: ^that

Acknowledging that there wouldn't be a show if that happened as the real reason, I think it's because he wants to fight Goku again. Jiren is giving him time to see if he can recover and regain UI. Jiren's schtick is facing his foes ultimate power and crushing it, he didn't get a chance to see if he could do that against UI before Goku ran out of gas.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the end we find out that Jiren, like Goku, greatest wish or desire is to fight strong enemies that can actually challenge him. Where Goku still delights in it and can have fun holding back against weaker fighters and appreciate new techniques, Jiren is so strong it's all become a bit boring for him.

.la1n

The way they are dragging this whole arc out I think there is ample opportunity to teach Vegeta the fusion dance ;)

Skeeter49

Fusion will be retcons to putting your backs together, and getting them to tingle at the same time.

Why Gotenks was so weak, they were doing it wrong.

J-Rod

I like fusion, but I just don’t see it in the cards considering how it has been treated in super. Not even potaro can keep veggie and Goku together long enough anymore much less the dance that the kids have already outgrown.

The way they are dragging this whole arc out I think there is ample opportunity to teach Vegeta the fusion dance ;)

They we're locked in a room together for 3 years. I'm sure they had time to dance between training and growing beards. Vegeta (probably) knows it.

J-Rod

I wouldn't be surprised if in the end we find out that Jiren, like Goku, greatest wish or desire is to fight strong enemies that can actual challenge him. Where Goku still delights I'm it and can have fun holding back against weaker fighters and appreciate new techniques, Jiren is so strong it's all become a bit boring for him.

I agree and the comments from the peanut gallery during their fight seems to confirm there is some desire among pure warriors to be challenged.

Baleoce

Fusion would be such an unsatisfying resolution to this arc / royale. It cops out on the idea of teamwork. And it also destroys Gokus main motivation for getting the tournament started in the first place (to meet stronger people and try to become better than them).

Fusion would be such an unsatisfying resolution to this arc / royale. It cops out on the idea of teamwork. And it also destroys Gokus main motivation for getting the tournament started in the first place (to meet stronger people and try to become better than them).
Goku shouldn't be rewarded, this tournament is bigger than he is, I hope Jiren senpai continues to no sell him. Gohan stop being a punk ass and pull a power up out of your ass so someone on U7 that isn't an asshole can win.

Skii

Lol no one is fusing. It's obvious U7 are going to win because of having the most fighters on the stage when the timer is up. Fusion literally stops them from winning.

and its not satisfying especially after having blue vegito in just the last arc

Jiren v goku pt 2 is going to be a mirror of yusuke vs toguro in the dark tournament, and when goku wins jiren will thank Goku for beating him

Calling it

and then goku will give the McDonald's eyes and tell jiren he's up for a rematch anytime

caliph95

Jiren v goku pt 2 is going to be a mirror of yusuke vs toguro in the dark tournament, and when goku wins jiren will thank Goku for beating him

Calling it

and then goku will give the McDonald's eyes and tell jiren he's up for a rematch anytime
I wish it was more like the dark tournament

I hope Jiren stays a dick because his universe is about to be erased

M.D

Lol no one is fusing. It's obvious U7 are going to win because of having the most fighters on the stage when the timer is up. Fusion literally stops them from winning.

and its not satisfying especially after having blue vegito in just the last arc

Now wouldn't it be hilarious if after more struggles against Jiren, Goku and Vegeta finally fuse and manage to knock him down only for another universe to win because they had one more fighter and Vegito/Gogeta count as a single fighter

I want to see Gohan do his angry thing. I'm nowhere near satisfied if this is the upper limit of Vegeta's and Gohan's involvement this arc. Also Piccolo should skip fusion and just absorb these fools. I'd be down with him beating a villain for once.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I wish fusion had been written out of the show on the far superior fan-theory that it causes personality bleed after de-fusing.

Vegeta seems a lot more Goku since fusing with him in the Buu saga, and Goku seems a lot more Vegeta these days. The "power causes quicker de-fuse" explanation is just deeply shitty and tacked on, especially on something like the Potara.

I wish fusion had been written out of the show on the far superior fan-theory that it causes personality bleed after de-fusing.

Vegeta seems a lot more Goku since fusing with him in the Buu saga, and Goku seems a lot more Vegeta these days. The "power causes quicker de-fuse" explanation is just deeply shitty and tacked on, especially on something like the Potara.
I get the impression if he could toriyama would change the buu saga in its entirety if he could

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You get the impression if he could toriyama would change the buu saga in its entirety if he could

I get the impression Toriyama writes some very vague pointers around some character designs and its other people working on the show thats inserting anything close to plot depending on how bold they feel.

I am at least glad Toei learned "just because Toriyama draws a bit weird and skinnier dudes now that doesn't make it part of the new forms".

ElFly

the buu saga was the last one so Toriyama just threw everything at it, without considering if it would super fuck a sequel, cause, well, he assumed there'd be no sequel

so fusion needed to get gimped so fans won't be so quick to go "why don't they fuse to deal with the new menace". they don't fuse cause fusion sucks

I get the impression Toriyama writes some very vague pointers around some character designs and its other people working on the show thats inserting anything close to plot depending on how bold they feel.

I am at least glad Toei learned "just because Toriyama draws a bit weird and skinnier dudes now that doesn't make it part of the new forms".

me thinks he still realizes Toei will do their own take so he will force certain details no matter what, like FTrunks blue hair

Top Bottom