• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

ZangBa

I'd rather Piccolo get stronger normally, even if there's some nonsense power-up, rather than absorbing these 2 guys like he's going full on Cell mode. Sayians always getting bullshit power-ups, hell Goku just got one. Let my boy Piccolo get one too, damnit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I want to see Gohan do his angry thing. I'm nowhere near satisfied if this is the upper limit of Vegeta's and Gohan's involvement this arc. Also Piccolo should skip fusion and just absorb these fools. I'd be down with him beating a villain for once.

We're just now at the half way point. Things should be ramping up now with Hit out and U6 likely next on the chopping block.

download.png

Gotenks in his key defining arc...
-Gets his ass beat by base form Buu.
-Waste time when he could be destroying base form Buu, thus giving enough time for Super Buu to be born.
-Waste time doing pointless flashy attacks instead of going Super Saiyan 3 from the start.
-Fails to defeat Super Buu, gets absorbed.

Skeeter49

With the Gohan and Piccolo vs. U6 Namekians spanning multiple episodes, I wonder if Cabba and Vegeta vs. Frieza will span multiple episodes as well.

Or if Frieza will knock out Kyabe, and then tell Vegeta to get over it.

Rutger

Banned
Gotenks was never cool.

If someone tells you "Gotenks was cool when x", they're lying to you.

They're lying to you through their filthy ningen mouth.

Gotenks is cool in video games, and likely will be the coolest Saiyan if/when added to DBFZ.

The series itself never made the most out of fusions though, sadly.

Frieza will teach Geets a lesson that he can't be protecting another universe's fighter when at the end of the day he's gonna have to be knocked out and erased from existence, gotta harden your heart and do what needs to be done for your family.

Frieza for MVP.

CazTGG

Well by absorbing them wouldnt that make him both u6 and u7? So as long as he remained in both would be safe.

Schrodinger's Namekian.

I'm thinking that the two Namekians will fuse when they realize can't beat base form Gohan and Piccolo and try to take them both out to make up for the loss in numbers (note how the preview features only one of the Namekians fighting the two of them) rather than Piccolo getting a boost that, let's be frank, wouldn't have done much aside from give a narrative justification for him to go against, say, Toppo, and lose.

Skeeter49

Frieza will teach Geets a lesson that he can't be protecting another universe's fighter when at the end of the day he's gonna have to be knocked out and erased from existence, gotta harden your heart and do what needs to be done for your family.

Frieza for MVP.

Frieza: "Snap out of it Vegeta, think of Bra and Bulma. We'll make it out of this together so you can see your family again."

I really wanted Frieza to narrate the NEP.

"Vegeta, how could you do this. After everything we've been through, you'd betray me and this team for that trash. Goku, Vegeta is a liability, and for the sake of our universe, I True Golden Frieza must stop him. Next Time On Dragon Ball Super. Don't Miss it."

Frieza for MVP.
Freezer's such a cool guy towards saiyans, helping out Gohan and Goku. Vegeta's next.

Frieza for MVP.

Freeza is so getting his wish.

Skeeter49

If Cabba goes out like that it would be pretty sad considering everyone else in his universe already overshadows him.

I know I come off as someone who hates Kyabe, but after watching the dub of 37, it'd be nice if he got Blue before getting knocked out, since that was teased in 37 that Kyabe could get it.

Cabba was cool in 37.

Skii

To be honest, Frieza has only really been involved in the last 3 episodes. Hard to say his inclusion is some great success. I'm still waiting for his big moment.

Azerare

To be honest, Frieza has only really been involved in the last 3 episodes. Hard to say his inclusion is some great success. I'm still waiting for his big moment.
Yeah I felt they squandered a lot of potential by getting rid of Frost too quickly. And I don't think he's done enough so far to even be considered for the super dragon balls.

Skeeter49

Yeah I felt they squandered a lot of potential by getting rid of Frost too quickly. And I don't think he's done enough so far to even be considered for the super dragon balls.
Frieza is the emotional support that keeps everyone together.

Every elimination Goku and co. gets counts as an assist for him.

It's actually a great success, I say, feeling completely vindicated as someone who thought it was a great idea from the jump. Freeza's the best!

Funny how without a ton of screen time or a "big moment" that he's still one of the most interesting parts about the tournament so far.

This tournament could use a lot more interesting interactions and dialogue, and less screen time wasted on pointless fights (like Ribrianne vs Vegeta this episode)

If the Zenos are deciding MVP then Goku or Jiren is getting it cause they created the most hype.

If GP is giving the reward then Frieza can be in the running.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah, he's felt like he doesn't have anything to do. I can't say that I feel I've been proven wrong for doubting his inclusion yet.
Funny how without a ton of screen time or a "big moment" that he's still one of the most interesting parts about the tournament so far.)

Can't say I agree. At best he's just had a few moments where the writers are desperate to remind us he still exists.

He doesn't have a place. He was designed to be hated in every way on Namik so we would want him to be thoroughly defeated and we got that, now his corpse is just being dragged around so Toei can try and make more money.

Gotenks is cool in video games, and likely will be the coolest Saiyan if/when added to DBFZ.

The series itself never made the most out of fusions though, sadly.

ctogXr.gif

This is what I remember when I think about fusion. I'd rather we not do that again. But Vegito vs. Merged Zamasu was cool.

Yeah, he's felt like he doesn't have anything to do. I can't say that I feel I've been proven wrong for doubting his inclusion yet.

Can't say I agree. At best he's just had a few moments where the writers are desperate to remind us he still exists.

He doesn't have a place. He was designed to be hated in every way on Namik so we would want him to be thoroughly defeated and we got that, now his corpse is just being dragged around so Toei can try and make more money.

That describes most of the characters in this arc not named Goku honestly.

Its probably one of the biggest faults of this arc with how the story has been framed with characters disappearing on multiple episodes only to come back later. No one has really done anything "exceptional" other than eliminate a couple of mooks for each episode.

I would at least hope we could move past "it's just for money excuse" though considering the arc is one big excuse in itself to give the supporting cast something to do. The one thing Freeza has going for him is his personality in comparison to certain other members on the team I could mention.

Azerare

This tournament could use a lot more interesting interactions and dialogue, and less screen time wasted on pointless fights (like Ribrianne vs Vegeta this episode)

Honestly the entire existence of Ribrianne is pointless. As a few have already stated... she gets in the way of stuff you actually want to see.

Top Bottom