• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

I don't know why AT needed Trunks to kill Frieza when he had King Cold, he undercut Frieza's truly epic final battle with Goku and ended up turning Trunks into a goober for the rest of the Cell arc so he hardly even benefitted from that.

Ultimate Gohan sucks now.

The whole point was that he didn't need to power up or transform or anything. All his latent power was just there.

Now he has to transform to get the bang and even then he doesn't seem extraordinary strong.

Them getting rid of the bang as his base look was a mistake.

Sure, and how he is getting there hasn't been fun to me.

I think Frieza was great on Namik, had the perfectly pathetic death he deserved vs Trunks and that's it. He's not complex enough to carry multiple arcs as the villain imo and his inclusion feels like Super wants to just live in the glory days of DBZ instead of moving forward.

I agree Gohan was clearly better once his arc was complete in the Black Saga and in the End of Z. We got already got Vegeta trying to protect his family anyway they need to stop ruining his character.

Rutger

Banned
I don't know why AT needed Trunks to kill Frieza when he had King Cold, he undercut Frieza's truly epic final battle with Goku and ended up turning Trunks into a goober for the rest of the Cell arc so he hardly even benefitted from that.

Frieza was a coward with a lot of power and a very big ego. He didn't deserve an epic final battle, getting killed by someone who he didn't even know the name of because he rushed off for revenge is the perfect end for him.

The villain that enjoyed humiliating his foes died in a humiliating way.

I guess I'll post this here. I took Android 17 vs Kakunsha from back in episode 102 and edited it down to 8 seconds.

s2ph9x2.gif

Yet, he has proven more interesting and useful than Gohan despite all the building up he got before the tournament.
Now we only need A Pretty Panda's comment
And Cabba should be the host for the sword.

Killing the weakest saiyan in the tournament isn't really an achievement.
Good point.
I guess I'll post this here. I took Android 17 vs Kakunsha from back in episode 102 and edited it down to 8 seconds.

s2ph9x2.gif
Still one of my favorite episodes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yet, he has proven more interesting and useful than Gohan despite all the building up he got before the tournament.

And? I didn't say anything about Gohan. You're just dragging things up to start unnecessary arguments and it isn't the first time I've seen it either.

Anth0ny

Ultimate Gohan sucks now.

The whole point was that he didn't need to power up or transform or anything. All his latent power was just there.

Now he has to transform to get the bang and even then he doesn't seem extraordinary strong.

Them getting rid of the bang as his base look was a mistake.

I think they had to make it into a transformation because they know Gohan will have more transformations down the road that will make "Ultimate" irrelevant.

HeroR

The drawbacks of letting the thread know who your favorite character is

That isn't the problem. The problem is when you let your bias to your favorite or least favorite to caused a double standard.

You can't say with a straight face that Frieza coming back feels wasteful, yet tried to justify how Gohan done anything to prove he was worth it, especially with all the build up he got.

What has Gohan done in this tournament of 'justify' his inclusion, especially if you're going to claim Frieza's existence isn't? Frieza has more knocks out them him, helped his teammates while Gohan has been glued to Piccolo for almost all his appearance and got his ass kicked he wasn't around Piccolo, Gohan is the 'leader' but hasn't done anything being a leader since 101, and hasn't even brought interesting commentary. So far, Gohan is riding on hype and hope.

And? I didn't say anything about Gohan. You're just dragging things up to start unnecessary arguments and it isn't the first time I've seen it either.

I mentioned Gohan since you and others tried to justify his lackluster performance like in Episode 108 by saying stuff 'he figured out Frieza's plan', but also turn around and say that Frieza being around hasn't been justified since he disappeared for several episodes, ignoring that despite that he still done more than most. Why does Frieza continuously needs to be justified when he tends to make an impact every time he's on scene, but this bar isn't used for any other character?

Zubz

Banned
Just tell them Satan is a Kai.

He basically is one by now, so it wouldn't even be a lie.

s2ph9x2.gif

I'm glad this is missing the part where they're rotating static images. I loved that fight but that was a huge flaw to it.

9D5l6T7.gif

What would you do if you looked up and saw this. Also you can completely stop time

I'd get behind him & try to spin him more. I want to see how fast he can go.

Frieza was a coward with a lot of power and a very big ego. He didn't deserve an epic final battle, getting killed by someone who he didn't even know the name of because he rushed off for revenge is the perfect end for him.

The villain that enjoyed humiliating his foes died in a humiliating way.
you say that like he wasn't humiliated on Namek, there's a reason all his ire is mostly focused on Goku and not for the one who actually killed him the first time.

Goku did not just beat Frieza at his height, he looked down on him to the point he wasn't even worth killing, he was begging like a dog after his own attack backfired and Goku went as far as to give him energy. Frieza was so throroughly humiliated and beaten by this man that he launched what he had to know was a suicide attack. Frieza felt in his soul that this damn monkey was the better man and Goku rubbed it in, he made Frieza feel helpless, he made him feel small.

With Trunks it was over before Frieza could even process what the fuck happened, Frieza had already tasted the ultimate humiliation by that point so there was no catharthic release, it was just to make Trunks look cool, and Trunks ending up being a goober. The purpose of that whole thing could've been served just as well with only King Cold and you don't need to drag Frieza's ass back.

CS9F2r9.png

that's it man, you can't do worse to Frieza than this

HeroR

you say that like he wasn't humiliated on Namek, there's a reason all his ire is mostly focused on Goku and not for the one who actually killed him the first time.

Goku did not just beat Frieza at his height, he looked down on him to the point he wasn't even worth killing, he was begging like a dog after his own attack backfired and Goku went as far as to give him energy. Frieza was so throroughly humiliated and beaten by this man that he launched what he had to know was a suicide attack. Frieza felt in his soul that this damn monkey was the better man and Goku rubbed it in.

With Trunks it was over before Frieza could even process what the fuck happened, Frieza had already tasted the ultimate humiliation by that point so there was no catharthic release, it was just to make Trunks look cool, and Trunks ending up being a goober. The purpose of that whole thing could've been served just as well with only King Cold and you don't need to drag Frieza's ass back.

CS9F2r9.png

that's it man, you can't do worse to Frieza than this

Thank you.

For some reason people tend to forget or gloss over this. Frieza was utterly destroyed by the end of his arc and had the most humiliating fall from grace in the franchise.

Rutger

Banned
Sure, Goku humiliates Frieza at the end of their fight, I'm not glossing over that.

But I think the fact that he ultimately doesn't die on Namik, is truly given the second chance Goku offered him(hell, it's a third chance), and doesn't accept it for a second while he rushes off for revenge only to learn that there is someone other than Goku who completely surpasses him as he dies is a more satisfying conclusion to his story. (And yeah, he supposedly knew about Beerus and Buu, but those detail didn't exist at the time, and not relevant to how Frieza was presented as the strongest in the universe during Namik)

This way Goku's act of pity is left intact, and Frieza gets more salt thrown in the wound while further cementing that he is not someone that will change his ways like Piccolo and Vegeta were at the time. I like how that turned out more than if he just died with Namik.

Kevinroc

It's actually rather unfortunate that Frieza has never learned that he was originally killed by Vegeta's son (from the future.)

Not

Banned
Not really been following, but going by power level consistency, wouldn't the Jiren vs. Hit fight be unable to be seen at all? Are they slowing down the movements somehow for the spectators?

Gin-Shiio

Can't believe I didn't like Hit's design when he was first introduced; it is fantastic. Likewise, Jiren has grown on me like crazy. I'd love those two in Fighter Z.

Gin-Shiio

The DBS Motto: "I like it now!"

I think a lot of it boils down to the jump in quality we have seen in the fight cheographies. During the U6 tournament arc, I thought Hit's shenanigans just looked silly. They've been much better at doing it justice in these past few episodes, particularly his stand-off against Dyspo. Jiren I can't explain, I figure he just grew on me when he trashed Goku like a basic bitch.

LotusHD

Banned
Light theme is best

I think a lot of it boils down to the jump in quality we have seen in the fight cheographies. During the U6 tournament arc, I thought Hit's shenanigans just looked silly. They've been much better at doing it justice in these past few episodes, particularly his stand-off against Dyspo. Jiren I can't explain, I figure he just grew on me when he trashed Goku like a basic bitch.

Yea, this arc in general has been much needed in terms of quality. Not always the best it can be, but a major step-up nonetheless.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They’ve rendered two warriors who were on par/maybe even greater than vegeta at least)with their fathers when fused useless

Turned buu into more of a joke than fat buu already was

Fusion dance was already made useless in the buu arc itself so that’s whatever but than the earrings follow the same bull

Ss3 the form achieved in the afterlife and achieved thru fusion and training is a joke and can’t wven be used in a power build up showcase

At best we got a Uub mention I mean I guess that cool.

They also unfused the only permanently fused character in Super.

Top Bottom