• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

But it was never said that Haki works only on mortals. In fact, we know it doesn't since Beerus Haki Zamasu.

My point being is that we never seen Haki worked on anyone equal or stronger than the god using it, and thinking it works on any mortal regardless of power is a No-Limit Fallacy. In fact, we know a mortal can overpowered Haki since Frieza did it, even if it was just a small sample.

fair enough, i suppose

you make a good point

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
We literally just had episodes devoted to getting rid of gohan's arrogance and now you guys are saying he should be like jiren, what do you guys actually want from gohan's character,he's back fighting again, most of the episodes focused around him have been some of the most important ones with plenty of character moments. And they even buffed him to basically universal tier in power levels.
But he's sucking badly because what, he hasent won all OF his fights despite him winning most of them so far and even having really cool moments like at the beginning of the tournament? What are you guys actually complaining about? He shouldn't get any screen time like his brother? What?

I can understand that perfectly, but my problem is that everyone in U11 seems to be like Jiren with no sane man pointing out the obvious, much like what Vados does for U6. Well, maybe the U11 angel who wondered about Jiren fighting Goku being a good idea. Which is odd when I think about it, since she has no such problem with Jiren fighting Hit.

I dunno maybe they're all just that confident in Jiren lol

We literally just had episodes devoted to getting rid of gohan's arrogance and now you guys are saying he should be like jiren, what do you guys actually want from gohan's character,he's back fighting again, most of the episodes focused around him have been some of the most important ones with plenty of character moments. And they even buffed him to basically universal tier in power levels.
But he's sucking badly because what, he hasent won all OF his fights despite him winning most of them so far and even having really cool moments like at the beginning of the tournament? What are you guys actually complaining about? He shouldn't get any screen time like his brother? What?

that's all well and good, but none of his fights in the actual tournament have been particularly interesting. His fight against Goku (and Tenshinhan) was great, but where the hell is that ruthless Gohan now?

I'd rather Gohan be cocky and lose like his fight against Buu, because at least that fight was really cool and entertaining to watch. The fight against Obuni was ok, but nothing special. Beyond that, he's fake fought freeza...and botamo.

His fight with Piccolo next week looks like it could be promising, but it seems to be a background fight so idk.

Anyways, the point is, I just want to see Gohan do something cool. He can have all the development in the world and still be lame if he doesn't get a good fight in.

foxuzamaki

These complaints are now getting as bad as gohan sucks because he decided to live his life the way he wanted instead of wanting to fight all the time, where people ignores gohan's development cause they want gohan that just turned SSJ2 100% of the time despite that specific moment was to show that that isn't normally gohan's character

LotusHD

Banned
How is he lame? because he's not in the spotlight? He erased a whole universe dude

Has nothing to do with spotlight, other characters on the team don't hog it either, yet I come out more impressed with them. Just not particularly impressed with what I've seen so far. Part of it is also because of the expectations being higher than they are for most of the rest of the team. The sentiment among Gohan fans is that "he's back", but meh, can't say I've really shared it since the tournament began.

Also I don't know why you phrase the "erased a whole universe" part as if he did that himself, much less took out the entire team on his own.

EDIT:

Oh, and on the leader front, he sucks, especially when compared to Hit. But seriously, I just personally feel like I haven't really been given any real reason to suddenly be enamored with Gohan since this tournament began.

HeroR

haha yes. It took a punch from SSBKK at full power to stop Ultimate Gohan. He's a lot stronger than before.

You mean after Gohan went, "used your full power!" twice?

The show disagrees with this and so does supplemental material and the writers that have the top three as Goku, Frieza, and Vegeta. Not Gohan in sight.

I dunno maybe they're all just that confident im Jiren lol

Not denying that, but it causes a disconnect between the audience and the show. And I still want to know why U11's angel wasn't sure about Jiren fighting Goku, but sung Jiren's praised when he was smashing Hit. I can't see her not knowing how stronger Jiren is.

Has nothing to do with spotlight, other characters on the team don't hog it either, yet I come out more impressed with them. Just not particularly impressed with what I've seen so far. Part of it is also because of the expectations being higher than they are for most of the rest of the team. The sentiment among Gohan fans is that "he's back", but meh, can't say I've really shared it since the tournament began.

Also I don't know why you phrase the "erased a whole universe" part as if he did that himself, much less took out the entire team on his own.

Pretty much.

17, 18, and Frieza all got less spotlight in the TOP, yet they gave far more impressive performances. Krillin gave a more impressive performance despite being knocked out early.

These complaints are now getting as bad as gohan sucks because he decided to live his life the way he wanted instead of wanting to fight all the time, where people ignores gohan's development cause they want gohan that just turned SSJ2 100% of the time despite that specific moment was to show that that isn't normally gohan's character

Dragonball is literally a show about fighting. Most of us watch it to see our favorite characters fight.

I want Gohan to fight. I'm like Goku in the Cell saga. I don't care if he doesn't like it lol.

foxuzamaki

Dragonball is literally a show about fighting. Most of us watch it to see our favorite characters fight.

I want Gohan to fight. I'm like Goku in the Cell saga. I don't care if he doesn't like it lol.
Some of the best actual moments in super so far have been the non fighting episodes

Some of the best actual moments in super so far have been the non fighting episodes

i'm not going to dispute that, but that's not the reason why I watch the show, it's just bonus. the core of dragonball is the fighting (and comedy, although less so since DB). that's how it's always been

HeroR

True, but even Gohan's non-fighting moments have been subpar compared to almost every other character. Even in the Saiyaman episodes, Videl was honestly the best character in it.

Someone posted some other gifs earlier, here's two I made.
fNRwefd.gif

TIcIyCe.gif

It was really cool seeing someone fight against Hit's Time-Skip in real time like that,

I've said it a lot of times, and I've said I've said it a lot of times, but mostly what I enjoy Super for so far are the elements other than the fighting. Character interactions, plot developments, that stuff. The fighting to me is lackluster in Super, though it keeps improving as it goes on.

HeroR

this fight is better than anything Gohan has done in the ToP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK6Mp314Z8c

Seeing this.....they should have brought Saiyaman and dumped Ultimate Gohan. We would have gotten cheese with some good fights.

Someone posted some other gifs earlier, here's two I made.
fNRwefd.gif

TIcIyCe.gif

It was really cool seeing someone fight against Hit's Time-Skip in real time like that,

Did we get that with Frost in the Champa Saga along with Vegeta when he fought Hit.

Gohan is super lame now but he's been lame for all of Super. SSJ2 vs Cell is just a peak he is never going to get back to.

What really hurts is that he's so ugly now, having the bang as a unique part of his transformation was a horrible idea. He just looks like Cell Saga Yamcha now.

DBM Gohan is actually a decent design and is well drawn despite not having a bang, Super just doesn't get his bang-less look right.

0263.png

This issue with his fights in the ToP being uninteresting so far have nothing to do with his personality. I dont even get why that was a discussion point lol.

Unbounded

Personally I want Gohan to be so obnoxiously comically strong that he bodies Jiren, but I know that's never going to happen.

Would feel amazing though.

Skeeter49

Seeing this.....they should have brought Saiyaman and dumped Ultimate Gohan. We would have gotten cheese with some good fights.
Is Gohan wearing the watch? It could still happen.

Also why not both? Ultimate Saiyaman, with a bang over the helmet.

HeroR

I've said it a lot of times, and I've said I've said it a lot of times, but mostly what I enjoy Super for so far are the elements other than the fighting. Character interactions, plot developments, that stuff. The fighting to me is lackluster in Super, though it keeps improving as it goes on.

You know, I feel the opposite. While I enjoy the fights in Z, I enjoy Super's fights more for the primary reason that Super focuses more on real martial arts. I have been taken martial classes for a couple of years and looking back at Dragon Ball and especially Z and seeing supposedly mastered martial arts masters doing stuff that my teachers preach against takes me out of the moment. Yeah, it may look cool, but I can't take it seriously.

That is why I loved Resurrection 'F''s fights since I can actually see real and correct implication of techniques like joint locks, palm strikes, and trips. Super does this to, especially with fighters like Hit, which is why I always enjoy seeing Hit fight. The same with Beerus and even Whis.

Z has a lot of flash with little substance.

looked really good tbh

i am only being rough on gohan because i know they can make him do better than this

That is my feeling as well. I'm hard on characters because I truly care for them and Gohan can be so much better.

Unbounded

Gohan will save the entire tournament. BELIEVE

Also you guys are being pretty rough on Gohan while Kagari is not posting
Gohan manages to land his new form that Piccolo hinted at in this tournament. He then proceeds to break Jiren's barrier, flicks him in the nose, and then walks away.

Jiren, in complete awe that he could be so thoroughly humiliated, jumps off of the stage.

HeroR

Is Gohan wearing the watch? It could still happen.

Also why not both? Ultimate Saiyaman, with a bang over the helmet.

Something like All-Mighty from MHA?

......That could be cool.

This issue with his fights in the ToP being uninteresting so far have nothing to do with his personality. I dont even get why that was a discussion point lol.

It kind of does in a way since you can be interesting without fighting like Frieza or even Vegeta. Gohan is just kind of there.

It kind of does in a way since you can be interesting without fighting like Frieza or even Vegeta. Gohan is just kind of there.

I don't see what you mean. I thought Gohan's exhibition match was pretty dang good and his personality then was the same before he got Ultimate back.

HeroR

I don't see what you mean. I thought Gohan's exhibition match was pretty dang good and his personality then was the same before he got Ultimate back.

I am talking about the TOP specifically. Gohan was doing well until the tournament started. Then he disappeared into blandness and his fights have been the most lackluster with only Tien and Piccolo's fights being worse.

Exhibition Match Gohan stood out since he was still unsure about his power and gave interesting commentary from the sidelines. That and he had probably his best fight in the series.

Top Bottom