• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I hope so but highly unlikely. Kale and Caulifla haven't done anything. Can see them getting episodes where they eliminate a universe by going SSJ4 or some shit.

They have more eliminations than Hit and he's out. Their other members are the ones who barely did anything aside from Hit having a good fight...
Dr. Rota? Nope.
Frost, okay he KO'd Krillin.
Hit, got two guys out.
Cabba, two random guys out.
Botamo? Don't think he got anyone.
Magetta... same.

And given their sparse profiles, I have a feeling Gohan and Piccolo will likely wipe the floor with the Namekians unless they pull out something unexpected.

HeroR

I feel like you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment with them.

Definitely

Virtually everyone introduced in this tournament hasn't delivered, but nah, the Namekians will be the exception :p

And the hype for them is weird since they haven't done anything and the show only just now acknowledge they really exists outside of pictures. Even more, their first moment is cheap shooting a weakened Goku, so it isn't like they got a cool intro.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
https://twitter.com/DratarouZ/status/920281013955084291

DMV-sP_VAAAZ6fy.jpg:small

Skii

They have more eliminations than Hit and he's out. Their other members are the ones who barely did anything aside from Hit having a good fight...
Dr. Rota? Nope.
Frost, okay he KO'd Krillin.
Hit, got two guys out.
Cabba, two random guys out.
Botamo? Don't think he got anyone.
Magetta... same.

And given their sparse profiles, I have a feeling Gohan and Piccolo will likely wipe the floor with the Namekians unless they pull out something unexpected.

Yeah the Namekians will probably go out this episode (which will be fairly disappointing). I dunno, I just feel like U6 saiyans have been so lacklustre this tournament that they must have some big moment...

Like I don't know why U7 is going out of its way to help U6 if they aren't going to make any worthwhile contribution to the tournament.

LotusHD

Banned
And the hype for them is weird since they haven't done anything and the show only just now acknowledge they really exists outside of pictures. Even more, their first moment is cheap shooting a weakened Goku, so it isn't like they got a cool intro.

Yeah they're not doing anything impressive at most they cause them trouble for a minute before Gohan pulls out Ultimate

Pretty much this.

Yeah the Namekians will probably go out this episode (which will be fairly disappointing). I dunno, I just feel like U6 saiyans have been so lacklustre this tournament that they must have some big moment...

I mean, at least the girls can say they've had more memorable moments than some U7 members lol, pretty decent considering that they aren't the protagonists we're supposed to allign with

HeroR

Pretty much this.

I mean, at least the girls can say they've had more memorable moments than some U7 members lol, pretty decent considering that they aren't the protagonists we're supposed to allign with

The U6 Saiyans, the female ones anyway, had several good moments. It was just early in the tournament. I mean, Cali and Kale alone wiped half the Pride Troopers and Kale is also the primary reason the ring looks like a mountain battlefield.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Like I don't know why U7 is going out of its way to help U6 if they aren't going to make any worthwhile contribution to the tournament.

Freeza will do something cool and eliminate Cabba for us and to show Vegeta that he done goofed.

Skeeter49

How did the U6 saiyans not make any major contributions?

Kyabe took out one of the most hyped U3 fighters.
Caulifla I'll give you since she really only took out garbage U10 fighters. I guess you could argue her tag team blast against U11, but I'd argue that was mostly Kale.

Kale took out most of the Pride Troopers, and got Jiren involved in the tournament. I'd argue that's more contribution than most characters not in U7. She was also the first one to shake up the tournament and get Zeno excited, not to mention she changed the battle arena.

I don't see the "they barely contributed", when besides the weakest link Kyabe, Caulifla and Kale have gotten more eliminations that most other universes, besides U7, and they've gotten more eliminations than some people in U7.

Skii

Yeah I was just expecting end game relevance otherwise why not eliminate them earlier?

Freeza will do something cool and eliminate Cabba for us and to show Vegeta that he done goofed.

Can't wait for Vegeta to get upset at Frieza for eliminating Cabba even though Frieza is making sure U7 win the tournament.

NeonZ

Well, next week's episode is focused on Cabba, afterwards
it's Caulifa and Kale vs Goku and that might or might not continue into the next week, but Kale at least still will fight in that episode. Then afterwards it's an episode with a highlight that has been described as "ultimate Saiyan showdown". So many episodes one after another featuring U6 characters like this could indicate an elimination afterwards.

Although, I really hope U6 doesn't actually fall early because it'd certainly mean all universes are coming back...

Skeeter49

Yeah I was just expecting end game relevance otherwise why not eliminate them earlier?

Can't wait for Vegeta to get upset at Frieza for eliminating Cabba even though Frieza is making sure U7 win the tournament.

I'm assuming one of them will be in until the end, and the other will be Frieza bait. Kale will probably be Frieza bait if I had to guess, because the new color saiyan will anger him.
We know
they're time is coming in terms of being relevant, as they're going to help Goku get UI back. I guess you could argue anyone could do this, but I think what Goku is banking on is the person he's fighting is someone who is genuinely trying to hurt him/ eliminate him. I'm assuming he wants to recreate the same feeling he had with the Genki Dama. At best only Frieza or Vegeta might have been able to pull that off besides Caulifla and Kale. Once JIren's out though, I assume the final fight will be between a saiyan from U6, someone from U7, or 2 people from U7, someone from U11, and someone from U2. .

The M.O.B

*Secretly wishes the U6 saiyans will fuse as their last resort*

Finally caught up to the latest episode and yeah this battle Royale format is a mess. Let's not pretend that the few cool teamwork moments are worth it.

Skeeter49

I said a Battle Royale was a mistake 4 OT's ago, but did anyone listen? Nope. I probably also talked shit on Cabba in that OT as well.

I like the slow pace though, and there have been more good episodes than bad for me. There have been awful episodes though.

The biggest problem is each episode feeling episodic, but not every episode has done that, 100 and 101 continued a plotline, 109 to 111 continued a plotline, 112 to 114 will at least continue a plotline.

Astral Dog

*Secretly wishes the U6 saiyans will fuse as their last resort*

Finally caught up to the latest episode and yeah this battle Royale format is a mess. Let's not pretend that the few cool teamwork moments are worth it.
I think it (almost?) works because otherwise we would have everyone beated by Jiren, plus the old format has been used many times.

I can't imagine how good/bad it would have been 1VS1 though 🤔

Ashodin

the arc is probably one of the most important in terms of story, power ups, etc.

Gohan's back, Goku learns UI, the universes are at stake... this should be one of the longest arcs period.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's not perfect but it's still the best arc of Super so far. And I'm counting everything that started from February 5 to present.

LotusHD

Banned
I only thought the lead up to the tournament dragged a bit. Even then, it's hard for me to complain when I'm getting exactly what I wanted: more fights and awesome character moments for the extended cast.

Meh, the pacing could be better, but at the same time I'm not really fussed over its length either.

I guess the thing that gets me is that all of this has happened in 30 minutes.

But I do wish this whole tourney was about 15 episodes total, and then whatever the climax/twist is is it's own thing.

HeroR

I said a Battle Royale was a mistake 4 OT's ago, but did anyone listen? Nope. I probably also talked shit on Cabba in that OT as well.

I like the slow pace though, and there have been more good episodes than bad for me. There have been awful episodes though.

The biggest problem is each episode feeling episodic, but not every episode has done that, 100 and 101 continued a plotline, 109 to 111 continued a plotline, 112 to 114 will at least continue a plotline.

I can't agree since using the standard format, we wouldn't have gotten stuff like Roshi taking out three people at once, Frost and Magetta nearly taking out Vegeta using Roshi's Evil Containment Wave, Frost vs. Roshi, a giant magical girl royal, U6 and U7 Saiyans fighting Pride Troopers, Hit and Goku tag team, ect.

Could it have done better, yes. Could the pacing be better? Personally, the pacing for the tournament is fine so far. It was the pacing for the recruitment that dragged.

Is this my favorite arc in Super, no, still the Future Trunks Saga, but I have been enjoying this arc.

Ash735

This is also the first arc in Super to NOT start and end within 13 episodes, not to hate on those who like it compact but Dragon Ball Super really needed a big arc as previously they felt rushed and over before they actually began. I like how TOP feels like the Namek Saga of Super, covering a lot of fighters, build ups, main fighting chaos, new transformation, etc, this is the arc super needed, this is the arc that pushed super into must watch, this is the arc where I'm seeing more and more people talk about super and actually watching the sub version.

LotusHD

Banned
I only thought the lead up to the tournament dragged a bit. Even then, it's hard for me to complain when I'm getting exactly what I wanted: more fights and awesome character moments for the extended cast.

Now that I'll agree on, that took forever. And it hindsight it irks me even seeing as how certain members have yet to make it feel worth it...

But I do wish this whole tourney was about 15 episodes total, and then whatever the climax/twist is is it's own thing.

Yea, why did we need a time limit again exactly?

HeroR

This is also the first arc in Super to NOT start and end within 13 episodes, not to hate on those who like it compact but Dragon Ball Super really needed a big arc as previously they felt rushed and over before they actually began. I like how TOP feels like the Namek Saga of Super, covering a lot of fighters, build ups, main fighting chaos, new transformation, etc, this is the arc super needed, this is the arc that pushed super into must watch, this is the arc where I'm seeing more and more people talk about super and actually watching the sub version.

Future Trunks Saga was 21 episodes and most of what you claimed happened during that saga too. Also as a FYI, Future Trunks Saga got higher ratings and placed overall higher on the rankings than this arc.

Astral Dog

Thats the problem, first we are talking about Namek time and second we all waiting this supposing amazing twist that will shake the tournament like a new villain.there is going to be something but its probably going to be dissapointing and then happen until its over. :p

Top Bottom