• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

dci260

None of us will be getting invites to anything because GAF has now become a haven for censorship. You can only send a PM every 10 minutes, and the real kicker is that they cannot include links. What a fucking joke.

Lol. I dont get why people don't just stick to talking in this thread. If you really wanted to leave Gaf, you would of asked for a ban like everyone else already has. What's going to happen is most of you will try and post in discord, you won't delete your gaf account, then you'll realize after a short time, you'd rather just be here. But whatever floats your boat.

The people who were the heart of this thread are no longer here, so why would anyone ever come to the conclusion that they would rather be here?

What discourse? Most of the post are asking for Discord links...
Bingo.

None of us will be getting invites to anything because GAF has now become a haven for censorship. You can only send a PM every 10 minutes, and the real kicker is that they cannot include links. What a fucking joke.

The people who were the heart of this thread are no longer here, so why would anyone ever come to the conclusion that they would rather be here?

Bingo.

The Discord links I've seen/gotten are from hiding in quotes. That's better anyway because anyone who wants one can just have it instead of making like we're rats in a sinking ship.

sakyot

We are missing so many people....
I feel so sad. Sorry for the off topic.
This is not gonna be the same for a while now....
Cheers all.

We are missing so many people....
I feel so sad. Sorry for the off topic.
This is not gonna be the same for a while now....
Cheers all.

The dust is still settling and people are trying to figure out what to do. Some of us are staying. Some going to discord or later to the new forum should it ever fully get off the ground.

And some will do multiple. It's just gonna take time to see how everything falls. Worse, were in the middle of the week with little new info so naturally for those of us in this thread there's not much else to talk about other than speculation/guesswork from what we already know.

Jmille99

A lot of regulars may have left, but its quite clear there are plenty of people still here that care about Dragon Ball and will post in the thread.

If the old crew is moving on to newer pastures, its up to lurkers or those who reply rarely to fill that void. If not, this thread will die. But it looks pretty clear this thread could remain lively if people really want it to be.

ZangBa

I'm sure it will go on without constant Android 17 shilling. Just wait for another power level discussion + Bruce Faulconer OST being the best, which it is.

Jinroh

Just because a bunch of people left doesn't mean this thread will die. There are new members every day and I don't think anything will change on the long term.

Now if people could talk about Dragon Ball instead of talking petty politics I would greatly appreciate it. I don't often post and spend most of my time reading. What's really toxic these days is people behaving like it's the end of the world and as a result post unrelated things in threads a lot of people follow.

And I'm pretty sure a lot of these people will feel bored after a few day and will eventually come back anyway. I would appreciate some self moderation in here, thank you.

I'm sure it will go on without constant Android 17 shilling. Just wait for another power level discussion + Bruce Faulconer OST being the best, which it is.

Slaythe will strike when you least expect it.

You know whats even better than a Faulconer score?

Dragonball GT

/s

I admit that I chuckled back in the day with Funimation's trailer for GT, the You think you know GT one IIRC. Even then they knew it stood for G
iant
T
urd

I'll also admit though that GT had some nice opening and closing songs.

So I guess we're going to get Limit Break x Survivor as the intro theme for the rest of the tourney, right?

Good. Such a great track. I liked the Dynamic track but this one is just another level.

Soodanim

I spent yesterday catching up to the latest Crunchyroll episode, so I am on 112. Feels good to be up to date with the latest Dragon Ball for the first time ever, waiting for the next episode so I can actually talk about it with a friend who also watches.

Here's hoping the thread stays lively, and although I'm curious as to what people are talking about in this Discord room y'all are talking about I'm happy to stay here.

Has everyone else given up on power entirely at this point? I know power levels stopped using numbers and there was that guy's hypothesis that the numbers were exponential or something so the actual gains weren't that strong, and although I sometimes wonder about how Kaioken works mathematically when I see Goku stack it, I have mostly just accepted that it's whatever it is. You've got the strongest from each universe and there's either a huge difference between top and bottom or Roshi not wasting his energy on women really did give him a boost.

AdanVC

i think its a cool twist,
but where did those two girls learned fusion? o_O IT WAS NOT EVEN HINTED THOUGH I GUESS gOKU COULD TELL THEM HE IS DUMB LIKE THAT sorry for the caps
Yeah Goku can be so dumb that he will probably teach the steps for the fusion. Or maybe he will ask vegeta to demonstrate so they can learn it and fight each other. Jiren will wake up from his meditation to see where all the dust and noise is coming from.

I just have to say, they really are going crazy with all this stuff. It's like they just said fuck it, let's just do all the crazy stuff fans make up.

Indeed. Hope that doesn't mean the end of DBS since there's people saying this will be the last arc and Toriyama-Toei are throwing every crazy idea into the blender since this might be the last stretch. DBS is way too popular right now they cannot end it just now D:

Here's hoping the thread stays lively, and although I'm curious as to what people are talking about in this Discord room y'all are talking about I'm happy to stay here.

Talk is a mixture of things old and new with some subsections for other topics like spoilers. It can be fast paced or slow to a crawl. While not bad it does make earlier posts a bit of a chore to look up and good luck if you're trying to find something the previous day or so.

Yeah Goku can be so dumb that he will probably teach the steps for the fusion. Or maybe he will ask vegeta to demonstrate so they can learn it and fight each other. Jiren will wake up from his meditation to see where all the dust and noise is coming from.

It'd be hilarious if both Kale and Caulifla screwed up the first time if this is the case. Though I can see them pass it off as something they were taught just before the Tournament started.

Indeed. Hope that doesn't mean the end of DBS since there's people saying this will be the last arc and Toriyama-Toei are throwing every crazy idea into the blender since this might be the last stretch. DBS is way too popular right now they cannot end it just now D:

Where are you getting that this is the last arc? With the Vegeta and Cabba talk in the last episode it sounds like they're setting up a visiting Planet Sadala arc later on.

Jmille99

Has everyone else given up on power entirely at this point?

Yes and no. I still like the simplicity of knowing _________ is stronger than _______ because of said numbers, and some of that is still clearly in play - Jiren being the best example for that.

But I also like how its come down to techniques and skill moreso now than just punching someone really hard and it hurting because their level is 1 billion more.

So, i like power levels, but I dont particularly care if DB moves away from them.

Ive also never quite wrapped my head around how the SS levels work in terms of power levels. Though I prefer solid bonuses/setbacks such as the bulkier form being stronger but slower, or more powerful draining stamina more quickly.

Cimarron

The lack of 17 & 18 crossing fists with ANYONE over the last month or so of episodes is beginning to annoy me. They capable fighters and I want to see then shine some more before there inevitable ring out.

As a side not I just realized that 17 & 18 are the only major villians in the across all the Dragon Ball series to have never have lost a fight against the Z fighters. And yes I am not counting alternative timelines. Pretty neat! 😃

NeonZ

Ive also never quite wrapped my head around how the SS levels work in terms of power levels. Though I prefer solid bonuses/setbacks such as the bulkier form being stronger but slower, or more powerful draining stamina more quickly.

It's because they don't really make sense. Even Toriyama acknowledged that although SSJ had to be a 50 times power up in its debut storywise, he usually just drew it as a 10 times power up at best. And although guides have given multiplier for SSJ2 and 3, I don't think Toriyama has ever been quoted directly acknowledging those.

It's because they don't really make sense. Even Toriyama acknowledged that although SSJ had to be a 50 times power up in its debut storywise, he usually just drew it as a 10 times power up at best. And although guides have given multiplier for SSJ2 and 3, I don't think Toriyama has ever been quoted directly acknowledging those.

Toriyama rarely ever thought ahead and like most things strength is based on plot (along with cool-factor). In some ways its too ridiculous that any of the Earth fighters should stand a chance at all in the Tournament but I'm betting that that's the reasoning for the entire rule of gravity being the same as one's birthworld. So that's part of the excuse right there.

Xero

Yes and no. I still like the simplicity of knowing _________ is stronger than _______ because of said numbers, and some of that is still clearly in play - Jiren being the best example for that.

But I also like how its come down to techniques and skill moreso now than just punching someone really hard and it hurting because their level is 1 billion more.

So, i like power levels, but I dont particularly care if DB moves away from them.

dragon ball moved away from powerlevels after namek. Most of the fans just didn't realize and still cling to it.

425kid

My current understanding is that the discord invites are over as the actual forum is up. I dunno though if they're still accepting new signups that aren't forum invites yet.

I’ll just wait for registration since I lurk more than post, but the other place feels more like gaf than here and this place is dead and not moving at all.

ajim

So regarding that 115 spoiler:

I'm hyped if Kale and Caulifla do the fusion. It's sad that there's already people dissapointed by that. Why the hate for this ladies???? Geez.

Anyways what I expect is that "Kefura" will be too strong that Goku will try to turn into Ultra Instinct again without luck and will end up doing the fusion with Vegeta to compensate.
This is beautiful. Love these girls.

Cabba did say they were universes 6 biggest hope which is why he protected them.

Top Bottom