• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kimawolf

Don't you mean Big Bang Kamehameha? Final was Vegetto. Since they can't use outside tools in the battle royale, they'd have to do a fusion dance.
Oh right no earrings.. that would still be pretty awesome to see! I have always been a sucker for those fusions!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Long time member, even though i barely post anymore due lack of time, but as others have said, some of us still have mixed feelings about this whole issue, and i personally prefer a wait and see approach to it. That said, i mostly keep refreshing this thread all day long since the interesting dynamic of it, and as Hydrus said, you are really important to the DB Community (and FF as well), and always kept this thread alive, so we definitely need people like you. I'll probably end up seeing of how things unfold on the other site, and maybe even create an account there, but for now i'll stay here.

You guys are makin' me cry, lol.

Shouta

Oh right no earrings.. that would still be pretty awesome to see! I have always been a sucker for those fusions!

I feel like a Fusion would be the smartest resolution to this tournament along with a bit of Ultra Instinct/Mikatte no Gokui.

The reason being is that I think there's a storyline they can follow with exploring this new concept. It's basically like entering the zone from what we've seen. So exploring that in a martial arts way rather than the standard DBS format would provide a real breath of fresh air. It would also bring back the original Dragonball flavor as well.

That means they won't do it though. =(

NandoGip

I feel like a Fusion would be the smartest resolution to this tournament along with a bit of Ultra Instinct/Mikatte no Gokui.

The reason being is that I think there's a storyline they can follow with exploring this new concept. It's basically like entering the zone from what we've seen. So exploring that in a martial arts way rather than the standard DBS format would provide a real breath of fresh air. It would also bring back the original Dragonball flavor as well.

That means they won't do it though. =(

Your last line says it.. I'm expecting a few more months of flashy episodes, and then a straightforward climax and resolution

Shouta

Why are you guys talking about fusion?!

I really hope it doesn't come to that..

I was just talking about it since it came up, lol.

It's pretty unlikely to happen though since it was used in the Future Trunks arc as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Gogeta in DBS though.

I was just talking about it since it came up, lol.

It's pretty unlikely to happen though since it was used in the Future Trunks arc as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Gogeta in DBS though.

I'm having a brainfart atm but did Vegeta ever learn of it in DBZ? I seem to recall him saying it was a stupid dance but I'm not sure if I'm mixing it up with Movie 12.

Dereck

Why are the fusion techniques so trash now, every fusion is like "we only have a minute and 30 seconds before we split back up!", were fusions nerfed?

Shouta

I'm having a brainfart atm but did Vegeta ever learn of it in DBZ? I seem to recall him saying it was a stupid dance but I'm not sure if I'm mixing it up with Movie 12.

Yes. He says that he doesn't want to do the Fusion dance after they're absorbed by Buu and the Potara earring fusion had worn off, as I recall.

Why are the fusion techniques so trash now, every fusion is like "we only have a minute and 30 seconds before we split back up!", were fusions nerfed?

IIRC its because of the amount of power that's sucking up the time normally allowed by them. Gotenks sucked up his limit when he went SS3.

So the thought is the more power you have the less likely fusion will help since it will eat up the normal allotted time frame. And if you need that amount of power fusion will give then you hope the fused warrior will get things done quickly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Toriyama nerfed fusion way back and then again in Super. SSJ3 Gotenks only lasted 5 minutes and Vegetto Blue ended way before the one hour time limit.

cm osi

Goku UI was on par, but making goku go UI again to defeat him would be....boring? maybe frieza will try something, even if now he's just watching and keeping himself out of the big fights

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Goku UI was on par, but making goku go UI again to defeat him would be....boring? maybe frieza will try something, even if now he's just watching and keeping himself out of the big fights

Not only boring but where is he going to get the energy for it at this point?

I still think Jiren won't be defeated by conventional means.

So going by he'll be the last one from Universe 11 standing while Goku and the others have more people still in-ring when time runs out?

Since Jiren basically allowed Goku to gather energy for the Spirit Bomb I could also see him allowing Goku to take energy from the others a la Movie 8 against Broly (and have another movie homage). Whether that would actually be enough...

It would be against Goku and Geets characters to fuse in order to fight a non fused person, they've been faced with universal destruction before and refused to fuse unless it was deemed fair. I'm not saying it 100% can't happen but I very much doubt it.

NandoGip

Possible scenarios:

1) Jiren wins the ToP
2) Jiren gets taken out through trickery
3) Jiren has a secret that makes him lose his power or transform into something that interrupts the tournament
4) ToP ends, U7 has more fighters, Jirens universe loses by a technicality
5) Jiren kills someone and gets DQ'd

Possible scenarios:

1) Jiren wins the ToP
3) Jiren has a secret that makes him lose his power or transform into something that interrupts the tournament

Of the scenarios above I think 4 is the most likely option.

LogicStep

Jiren could be the only fighter left standing in his universe and still take everyone out in the last minute. If he went all out, he could clean house easy.

cm osi

Possible scenarios:

1) Jiren wins the ToP

if toppo and the other get eliminated, or they are going to lose for their number jiren will just stop meditating and throw off the arena all the other fighters. i don't see him having trouble with any of them

i bet on 2

Kimawolf

Or Frieza will be the one to take out Jiren somehow, or at least give him a run for his money. I bet we’ll see a Golden Frieza level 2 or some kind of upgrade. As he was already far superior to Vegeta and Goku when both were blue. If not for him not being able to properly regulate his energy he’d won. So I imagine he is far beyond that stage now.
Or, maybe Gohan will do something surprising? Have another powerup when he sees his mentor Piccolo get knocked out.

Possible scenarios:

1) Jiren wins the ToP

The whole tournament would be a total dissapointment if goku defeats jiren.

Or Frieza will be the one to take out Jiren somehow, or at least give him a run for his money. I bet we’ll see a Golden Frieza level 2 or some kind of upgrade. As he was already far superior to Vegeta and Goku when both were blue. If not for him not being able to properly regulate his energy he’d won. So I imagine he is far beyond that stage now.
Or, maybe Gohan will do something surprising? Have another powerup when he sees his mentor Piccolo get knocked out.

Watches both Goku and Jiren have their rematch and if they're near one of edges conveniently blow the part they are on off?

"Ohohohoho~ My apologies but I saw an opportunity I couldn't pass up."

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They keep mentioning the whole "you need the most team members left at the time limit to win" so I don't think that's for nothing.

NeonZ

Don't you mean Big Bang Kamehameha? Final was Vegetto. Since they can't use outside tools in the battle royale, they'd have to do a fusion dance.

I think it's more likely Toriyama would just create some new method of fusion rather than fusion dance. The reason we got Potara fusion and Vegetto in the first place was because Toriyama didn't want to use Gogeta after he debuted in a Toei movie. Although I guess Toei's writers could just throw Gogeta somewhere, considering how the outline is rather loose.

It makes no sense, but several summaries have mentioned Goku recovering stamina while battling Caulifla and Kale.

Jiren could be the only fighter left standing in his universe and still take everyone out in the last minute. If he went all out, he could clean house easy.

He probably could. If U7 does win, I assume it is going to be because Goku is takes up Jiren's attention until the end and prevents him from knocking out whatever remaining U7 fighters are left.

I think it's more likely Toriyama would just create some new method of fusion rather than fusion dance. The reason we got Potara fusion and Vegetto in the first place was because Toriyama didn't want to use Gogeta after he debuted in a Toei movie. Although I guess Toei's writers could just throw Gogeta somewhere, considering how the outline is rather loose.

That's a bit of trivia I had not heard about. Movie 12 actually premiered before Vegetto in the manga?

It makes no sense, but several summaries have mentioned Goku recovering stamina while battling Caulifla and Kale.

I'm drawing a blank on that as well but I guess we'll see its done tomorrow.

This has not been shown to be true.

This has not been shown to be true.

At all.
Especially since the Whis training.

Goku and Vegeta waxed him hard before. The brief sparring match they had since Frieza got out was even at best because it was limited to one blow.

But dude got so salty at Vegeta he blew up Earth rather than lose. He's gotten stronger, but so have both of them. I'll take Whis training over forced murder fantasies.

Shouta

The time out with U7 having more fighters still in is probably the outcome of this tournament. It allows them to win, and hopefully wish back all of the universes, while still making sure Jiren isn't diluted as a strong character in the same arc he's introduced. He doesn't seem like a bad guy so having him around and involved in something bigger would be neat.

Regarding Jiren, I can't recall if I heard this theory here or somewhere else but since some called him a Superman expy then has anyone else thought from what was mentioned about his wish that he could potentially be a survivor from one of the erased universes?

Rising_Hei

From a writer point's of view, and knowing that we'll see Goku in the final Ultimate Instinct transformation to beat Jiren's ass before the tournament ends, i don't see what else could they pull off :x

Top Bottom