• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Shouta

Action was pretty poor in this episode but the concept was not bad. I do have to agree with kunonabi about it taking two of them to battle a weakened Goku, lol.

I guess it makes sense though, they're both just brawlers while Goku has martial arts training and that's providing the edge. They're getting better throughout the fight though.

Kimawolf

Yeah next week looks good. I liked the preview. I still want to know how fighting recovers his stamina lol. I l ow sayians are weird but that...

So this episode was essentially a severely drained Goku toying with Cauliflower and Kaelbbage constantly, but he's showing no signs of fatigue, and really didn't have trouble with ssj2 cal and ssj Kale combined. It seems his power is just casually going up as the fight goes on a la Goku Black.

He also didn't seem to be phased by Kale's transformation into her LSSJ form and casually smacks away a small rock that flies his way. It seems that post-Jiren Goku got a massive power-up via zenkai, or it could have been from tasting that oh so sweet Ultra Instinct form that he desperately wants to get back.

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he beats the
fused Kale and Cal at his point. His power will probably just skyrocket to a level that's beyond even that.

royox

Dammit toei played all of us all this time

qnnQKT6.png

Awesome episode but I can't help feel that we need to have an episode or two dedicated to Piccolo and Gohan already.

Gohan and Piccolo need to actually power up to full power and start wreckin some motherfuckers. Allthough he seemed to "power up to max" against frieza and that one dude he knocked out, I don't think he actually did. Gohan needs to get mad and go ham like he did when he fought his dad before the tournament. Dude was thoroughly wrecked by ssbkk Goku, but even in his highly damaged state, he floated over to his dad, screamed and was going to go for a punch before he passed out from all the pain and damage.

Piccolo needs to stop fighting like trash against trash opponents and wreck some shit too. He and gohan need to completely overpower at least one opponent each in the tournament.

Edit: 18 needs a good fight too. We haven't seen one from her yet. Her best moments are just chucking a few people out of the arena for comedic effect. Given that she has the same/nearly the same potential as her brother, she should be extremely powerful and be able to go balls to the walll and whoop some ass. Use that (not really) infinite energy and put it to good use.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gohan and Piccolo need to actually power up to full power and start wreckin some motherfuckers. Allthough he seemed to "power up to max" against frieza and that one dude he knocked out, I don't think he actually did. Gohan needs to get mad and go ham like he did when he fought his dad before the tournament. Dude was thoroughly wrecked by ssbkk Goku, but even in his highly damaged state, he floated over to his dad, screamed and was going to go for a punch before he passed out from all the pain and damage.

Piccolo needs to stop fighting like trash against trash opponents and wreck some shit too. He and gohan need to completely overpower at least one opponent each in the tournament.

Gohan and Freeza's fight was a fake out.

kunonabi

Action was pretty poor in this episode but the concept was not bad. I do have to agree with kunonabi about it taking two of them to battle a weakened Goku, lol.

I guess it makes sense though, they're both just brawlers while Goku has martial arts training and that's providing the edge. They're getting better throughout the fight though.

Yeah, it was a fine enough explanation when it was just Califla and using it to build up her quick-learning was actually a nice idea. Once it turned into a handicap match the rationalization just falls flat.

AdanVC

Watched the episode. It was cool but the fighting was pretty weak this time and the animation/drawings looked kinda rough on certain moments :( Guess we're back to having average episodes until Jiren wakes up or somebody wakes him up to fight. Because tbh, after episodes 109 and 110, I don't care about any other battle on this tournament than the Goku vs Jiren rematch. Hyped for Kale-Cabbage-patch-girl fusion next week though!

Gohan and Freeza's fight was a fake out.

I know. I would think he would try to make it convincing enough by powering up his mystic form enough (but not to his absolute max) to make frost and others believe Frieza's betrayal was real.

I mean, it may be dumb, but in my opinion, there's been too much "we're even in strength" fights 90% of the time when I think there was quite a few instances where one fighter was vastly more powerful than the other. I just want to see a few "Slam, bang, you're gone my man" types of eliminations mixed in with all of the trading blows segments we see.

Granted, this is a battle royal with the 80 of the most powerful fighter from 8 different universes, but there should be some of those more one sided, dominating fights here and there. I'm not talking just chucking people out of the ring a la 17. I'm meaning more along the lines of one side just dominates the other and beats the crap out of them before kicking them out like Frieza did to the Yardrat but not in a sadistic manner.

Edit: I'm thinking too much about this again. I need to stick more to enjoying the show and wonder what's going to happen next week. I need to stop reading spoilers and previews. That way there's more excitement and I can be surprised by why I see.

SSJ3 will never not look a parody of SSJ but it always looks hype when it appears, hell that's probably why, it look so different and ridiculous compared to his other forms.

longdi

Banned
Nice episode imo, back to power levels and transformation. Toriyama still cant draw SSJ3.

Fused Kaliflower is cool, but i guess their power levels are at Buu arc Vegeto, maybe more since LSS Kale is more powerful than SSJ2 Vegeta.. .No sweat for Goku still.

Poor Gohan fanboys though, the 2 new Saiyan girls are having good screen time, while Gohan is having trouble fighting 2nd fiddle Nameks, offscreen.

So the power levels now are

Goku Vegeta Freeza 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gohan (who seems to be stuck in Buu arc levels)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nice episode imo, back to power levels and transformation. Toriyama still cant draw SSJ3.

Fused Kaliflower is cool, but i guess their power levels are at Buu arc Vegeto, maybe more since LSS Kale is more powerful than SSJ2 Vegeta.. .No sweat for Goku still.

Poor Gohan fanboys though, the 2 new Saiyan girls are having good screen time, while Gohan is having trouble fighting 2nd fiddle Nameks, offscreen.

Goku Vegeta Freeza 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gohan (who seems to be stuck in Buu arc levels)
Gohan isn't stuck in Buu arc levels, he's said to rival Blue Goku per the narrator. And 18 is weaker than Piccolo, come on now.

The Namekians seem to be putting up a good fight so far, they're probably tougher than we think.

Hype Man

Neo Member
The fusion looks so good. No over the top or crazy. Like a proper new character

It looks like Kale with a different hair style. Looks good though.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the fusion character is SSB level, since Gotenks was a like billion times stronger than Gotten/Trunks separately.

SSJ3 will never not look a parody of SSJ but it always looks hype when it appears, hell that's probably why, it look so different and ridiculous compared to his other forms.

I like it because it makes him look like an otherworldy beast.

We fight against otherworldy beasts all the time. Why can't we have a MONSTER on our side god dangit!

Same reason I like SSJ4 Goku.

longdi

Banned
Sorry i meant 17.

Gohan better start kicking some ass if he is rivalling blue, go for Toppo or someone else rather than baby sit Picolo

Mendrox

Toriyama doesnt draw shit for anime. wtf

ajim

It looks like Kale with a different hair style. Looks good though.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the fusion character is SSB level, since Gotenks was a like billion times stronger than Gotten/Trunks separately.
Yeah that's what I mean. Like that character could just slot in and replace those two completely because it's so down to earth and not over the top.

Was watching the episode again, man it's cool. It's just a bunch of saiyans really enjoying fighting and having banter between. It's awesome.

NeonZ

I thought
fusion
was against tournament's rules...

That was for the Universe 6 tournament.

They really haven't thought things through here though.
If they're allowing Potara, there's no reason every remaining team wouldn't get at least one fused fighter. They all have their kai around the ring, so they could easily attempt to get earings for fusion.

I'm not saying I wasn't already aware that without nostalgia and fondness for the old material, this show is devoid of substance or impact and watches like it was written for 9-year-olds exclusively but damn, you forget for a few episodes and get a rude re-awakening to that fact out of nowhere by episodes like this.

i need to go super saiyan 3
*boom biff pow*
pls go super saiyan 3
*boom biff pow*
wow so stronk
*boom plonk blam*
maybe ull go even higher!!!!
*boom dhoosh*

literal repeat

I don't buy that DB has always been like this. And even if it has, the series deserves better writing and/or portrayal than this. I can dig a simple show. It's not a question of style, but execution here. Probably the worst episode in recent memory, tbh. Made me actually post here post-shower invasion. Proof that music and animations can't elicit enjoyment by themselves.
I feel like any episode focusing on the U6 saiyans are particularly bad because they solely focus on letting them catch up to the U7 saiyans and it took U7 hundreds of episodes and different events for them to get there while it takes U6 a a few seconds nothing spectacular to evolve.

I'm expecting the fusion to go ssj3 like gotenks.

Also that image of her in the intro is extra dope because she and jiren are basically having a staredown; she's gonna fight jiren.

cm osi

sayan vs sayan are just the most boring fights. they kind of bring back power levels involve 0 techniques. i was happy to see goku use some of them when he was in base form but then they went into the "look i'm ss1. now i'm ss2. now i'm ss3" kind of fight

it should be a fight between main characters and felt like a filler

I took a break from Super to watch One Piece all the way through, and have maybe ten episodes to catch up on. Glad to see this thread is still active, even if I just lurked here obsessively before.

Kimawolf

I took a break from Super to watch One Piece all the way through, and have maybe ten episodes to catch up on. Glad to see this thread is still active, even if I just lurked here obsessively before.
You watched the ENTIRE One Piece series?! Wow.. how long did that take?

And lol i need to watch the intro again for any hints...

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Gohan isn't stuck in Buu arc levels, he's said to rival Blue Goku per the narrator. And 18 is weaker than Piccolo, come on now.

The Namekians seem to be putting up a good fight so far, they're probably tougher than we think.

Would it be interesting if one of those Namekians took out Frieza? Nice to see this thread is actually alive.

cm osi

Would it be interesting if one of those Namekians took out Frieza? Nice to see this thread is actually alive.

that....would'n make any sense. both on narrative and character power

anyway those 2 namekians are probably from the warrior clan, while piccolo is like half warrior and half dragon. wonder if it's why piccolo struggle against them even if he's more powerful than supersayans

ZangBa

The fighting looked pretty poor this episode which made it a bit boring because that's all it really was. I don't really like fusions, and now this is going to open up Vegito as an option later. Now then... what if that's how Vegeta learns UI? Goku regains his stamina, relearns UI and fights Jiren again and losses, decides to fuse with Vegeta and spank him. It would just be Vegeta getting Goku's sloppy seconds again instead of learning his own techniques which would be a little annoying, but Vegeta gotta compete somehow.

Now if we can flush this fight already and get back to Gohan and Piccolo that would be nice. I've seen enough Goku for awhile, I want to see the other fight already.

cm osi

kinda wish to see gohan and piccolo fighting alone. i know they have a very close relationship but no need to enforce it every episode

also i can't stand champa anymore

The fighting looked pretty poor this episode which made it a bit boring because that's all it really was. I don't really like fusions, and now this is going to open up Vegito as an option later. Now then... what if that's how Vegeta learns UI? Goku regains his stamina, relearns UI and fights Jiren again and losses, decides to fuse with Vegeta and spank him. It would just be Vegeta getting Goku's sloppy seconds again instead of learning his own techniques which would be a little annoying, but Vegeta gotta compete somehow.

Now if we can flush this fight already and get back to Gohan and Piccolo that would be nice. I've seen enough Goku for awhile, I want to see the other fight already.

I'm thinking we'll get spurts of both Gohan and Piccolo's fight along with Vegeta vs Toppo as
they do need to fill in some time between Goku's threesome ::snicker::
as I think we all know by now the fusion bit will be at the end of the episode.

I'm also guessing that fusion will be brought in by Champa because the Namekians will be taken out and he's at the end of his rope and it will be their last gamble to survive.

Hype Man

Neo Member
That was for the Universe 6 tournament.

They really haven't thought things through here though.
If they're allowing Potara, there's no reason every remaining team wouldn't get at least one fused fighter. They all have their kai around the ring, so they could easily attempt to get earings for fusion.
True, but fusion would decrease your roster, and most universes acknowledge they can only win by having more members than U11 standing, since no one is beating Jiren. Also there's no guarantee Jiren won't eliminate the fusions as well, if he feels they're a threat. Its actually kinda risky in this format.

True, but fusion would decrease your roster, and most universes acknowledge they can only win by having more members than U11 standing, since no one is beating Jiren. Also there's no guarantee Jiren won't eliminate the fusions as well, if he feels they're a threat. Its actually kinda risky in this format.

Risky yes but
Champa pretty much makes his decisions on a whim or if he feels it'll help in that moment. From spoilers the fusion happens on his orders so something must've forced his hand or Goku is that much better and he's panicking.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

U6 needs to go.

Top Bottom