• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Typhares

Finally watched the episode, I enjoyed it but I don't know how to feel about the lightning fast growth of Caulifla and Kale. I mean without it it would be super boring to see them fight but still it's hard to feel anything for them.

So from the preview I didn't see the jacket associated with the metamoru fusion, does that mean it will be a new way to fusion?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finally watched the episode, I enjoyed it but I don't know how to feel about the lightning fast growth of Caulifla and Kale. I mean without it it would be super boring to see them fight but still it's hard to feel anything for them.

So from the preview I didn't see the jacket associated with the metamoru fusion, does that mean it will be a new way to fusion?

Portara earrings. You can see it in the preview.

NeonZ

It's Potara. You can see the earrings in the preview.

Typhares

Portara earrings. You can see it in the preview.

Oh damn I'm blind! The U6 supreme kai has his earing on when we see him so either it's another pair (the attendant) they already have or they get his somehow but that would be against the rule right?

firelogic

Why is this episode making such a big deal about SSJ3? Everyone has seen him as SSJGSSJ, SSJB, SSJB+KK10, and Ultimate Instinct. They're literally trembling in awe at SSJ3 when they've seen higher levels.

Hype Man

Neo Member
Why is this episode making such a big deal about SSJ3? Everyone has seen him as SSJGSSJ, SSJB, SSJB+KK10, and Ultimate Instinct. They're literally trembling in awe at SSJ3 when they've seen higher levels.

I thought the same thing, but then again they can't sense SSB right? Since its of a different Ki. Maybe they're assuming SS3 might be close enough lol

Risky yes but
Champa pretty much makes his decisions on a whim or if he feels it'll help in that moment. From spoilers the fusion happens on his orders so something must've forced his hand or Goku is that much better and he's panicking.

Ah, I see. I didn't read the spoilers, but that makes sense.
Maybe the Namekians are eliminated and that triggers the order
?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Felt kind of like padding to me. Realistically 113 and 114 should have been one episode.

We're in the filler part of the arc. I feel like they only showed those 2 guys getting blown away because then they would have shown 3 combatants the whole episode.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We're in the filler part of the arc. I feel like they only showed those 2 guys getting blown away because then they would have shown 3 combatants the whole episode.

That felt kind of forced to me. They should at least be showing the on-going situations with Vegeta/Toppo and Gohan/Piccolo v. Namekians.

Because Kale & Cauli are seeing it as something they're supposed to be obtaining and it is impressive compared to their own power.

Also they can't sense God Ki going by the Caili's initial reaction to Jiren, so that could be some of the highest ki they've ever felt and have been faced with.

Show is really trying to destroy my great headcanon of Super Sinner being the real SSJ3, if they fuse and go SSJ3 my headcanon will remain intact.

Kimawolf

That felt kind of forced to me. They should at least be showing the on-going situations with Vegeta/Toppo and Gohan/Piccolo v. Namekians.
Yeah it makes me wonder just how many episodes they TRULY have planned for all this. I cant see how a fight between vegeta/Toppo won't get a full episode at least.

And I have to believe we will see Gohan pull some shit out of an emotional break per usual for him and Freiza will get to strut as well.

cm osi

Because Kale & Cauli are seeing it as something they're supposed to be obtaining and it is impressive compared to their own power.

Also they can't sense God Ki going by the Caili's initial reaction to Jiren, so that could be some of the highest ki they've ever felt and have been faced with.

frieza turned gold a couple of time during the tournament, ssj3 should be a joke compared to that

unless frieza gold has god ki too but it was never mentioned

Kafla out then the Namekians are the only ones left.

i think kafla will face jiren and we'll jump to the namekians fight, they will get eliminated and then kafla will be the last u6 member (and eliminated as well)
if u6 goes out with the namekians it's not a good look

Speaking of erasing u6 I wonder how Beers would react to his brother getting erased as despite their attitude to each other its clear they still care for each other.

frieza turned gold a couple of time during the tournament, ssj3 should be a joke compared to that

They weren't faced with it though. Even Krillin said that observing tremendous ki is a lot different than actually being faced with it.

Also with all of the energy "noise" that's probably going on in this tournament, there's no guarantee they clearly felt Frieza's power I'd say. Frieza never made a scene of his transformation like Beserker Kale did. He's been relatively low key so far.

If we're getting a fusion to beat Jiren, let's finally get that Goku/Gohan fusion we were supposed to have in Buu Saga~

K03CGCz.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah it makes me wonder just how many episodes they TRULY have planned for all this. I cant see how a fight between vegeta/Toppo won't get a full episode at least.

And I have to believe we will see Gohan pull some shit out of an emotional break per usual for him and Freiza will get to strut as well.

I can see this arc going through February at this pace. Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza have yet to really go all out.

Astral Dog

This Saiyan focus is too much, pure U6 since (and before) Jiren, though i enjoyed this episode more than Hits.

Its like they are building to something but im not sure what 🤔 but i want to see Frieza vs Kale and Cau like he mentioned

Copper

This Saiyan focus is too much, pure U6 since (and before) Jiren, though i enjoyed this episode more than Hits.

Its like they are building to something but im not sure what but i want to see Frieza vs Kale and Cau like he mentioned

Eh I enjoyed Hits fight more. This fight just seems unnecessary. Here we have Goku trying to regain his stamina so what does he do? Fight two super sayians at once and goes SSJ3 which is the most stamina draining form he has. Really doesn't make any scene. I also don't like how Zenos are making such a big deal out of it. Like it doesn't even come close to the fight between Goku and Jiren previously. Also doesn't SSG pretty much make SSJ3 obsolete? I mean it uses less stamina and it is more powerful. There are other fights/ people I'd rather see the show focus on right now. Sick of this being the Goku/Rebrianne tournament.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Its like they are building to something but im not sure what 🤔 but i want to see Frieza vs Kale and Cau like he mentioned

Their elimination. U6 had a member out in 103, 106, 107, 108, 111, 112.

NeonZ

Yeah, this battle is taking at least
3 episodes based on the summaries, so I think this is basically a big send off to Caulifla and Kale - from this tournament.

When is Gohan getting in on this saiyan action? He'll go ultimate in front of Caulifla and she'll somehow copy it in the next episode like Dende intended.

Kimawolf

Speaking of the androids... What the hell are they even up to right now?! I'd love to see 17 confront Dyspo for instance, or one of the others left over.

Astral Dog

Reading the manga (late i know) i like how it fleshes out stuff from the anime, this time focusing on the GoDs and their differences,despite being more boring its appreciated
Eh I enjoyed Hits fight more. This fight just seems unnecessary. Here we have Goku trying to regain his stamina so what does he do? Fight two super sayians at once and goes SSJ3 which is the most stamina draining form he has. Really doesn't make any scene. I also don't like how Zenos are making such a big deal out of it. Like it doesn't even come close to the fight between Goku and Jiren previously. Also doesn't SSG pretty much make SSJ3 obsolete? I mean it uses less stamina and it is more powerful. There are other fights/ people I'd rather see the show focus on right now. Sick of this being the Goku/Rebrianne tournament.
I agree but still found it more entertaining than that episode. SSJ3 was just used as a step this episode, and i was confused why Kale was at Caulifla's level until she transformed. but at least its moving the plot along? idk.
Their elimination. U6 had a member out in 103, 106, 107, 108, 111, 112.
Seems U6 won't win and revive 7 after all then i want to see more of U3 and 4 now.the poor robots have been pitiful

NeonZ

Goku has gotten way too much focus in this "10 member team" tournament.

Yeah, that GT interview about how they believe Goku has to be there (even if his presence is not reflected in the ratings) is sounding really relevant right now.

firelogic

I thought the same thing, but then again they can't sense SSB right? Since its of a different Ki. Maybe they're assuming SS3 might be close enough lol

Ah that makes sense. I forgot that God Ki can't be sensed. On a related note, SSJ2 is still my favourite transformation. I really hope they loop back to yellow at some point as the most powerful form (until it's not).

You watched the ENTIRE One Piece series?! Wow.. how long did that take?

And lol i need to watch the intro again for any hints...

I'm not sure, honestly. My friend, who has been telling me to watch it for years now, just asked me this the other day when I completed it, and the only metric I really have is to go by how many DBS episodes I missed (lol).

I stopped watching Super (and started One Piece) around episode 100-- I remember 17 whooping on those females who fought using the power of love. So that was maybe 2 months ago? I know Super took at least one week off, though there was also that double episode thing going on.

I was kind of hoping to let Super sit for a while so I could watch the tournament all in one go, but I an obsessive, weak fool who has been itching to see my boy Gohan take out the trash. The few spoilers I've seen haven't inspired confidence.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, that GT interview about how they believe Goku has to be there (even if his presence is not reflected in the ratings) is sounding really relevant right now.
It wouldn't surprise me if that was still their current mindset.

Did you really expect any different?
Perhaps naively so.

Every other member aside from Freeza and Vegeta are weak and unworthy.

Actually, 17 and Gohan are up there as well.

I'm not sure, honestly. My friend, who has been telling me to watch it for years now, just asked me this the other day when I completed it, and the only metric I really have is to go by how many DBS episodes I missed (lol).

I stopped watching Super (and started One Piece) around episode 100-- I remember 17 whooping on those females who fought using the power of love. So that was maybe 2 months ago? I know Super took at least one week off, though there was also that double episode thing going on.

I was kind of hoping to let Super sit for a while so I could watch the tournament all in one go, but I an obsessive, weak fool who has been itching to see my boy Gohan take out the trash. The few spoilers I've seen haven't inspired confidence.

Episode 103 is a really good Gohan episode.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was still their current mindset.

Perhaps naively so.

Actually, 17 and Gohan are up there as well.

Episode 103 is a really good Gohan episode.

Well, that's nice to hear. I just checked where I left off on Crunchy Roll, and the title definitely hints at that

Kinda LTTP, but:

I am all up to tone down the power levels relevance stuff, but these last 2 episodes were pretty awful,saving for a couple of good trades between Cauli and Goku this week... Also shoutouts for Goku using Zanzoken as Master Kame used on him on the first martial arts tournament.

Also...now Goku replenishes his ki by...wasting it? Eh...

ajim

I don't get the hate.

Every saiyan so far since dbz has improved dramatically when training with other fighters stronger than them.

Now you have saiyans teaching lesser saiyans in battle and actively coaching them how to improve. That's the whole saiyan thing, to improve. I think it's awesome watching vegeta and goku coaching these lesser saiyans and their excitement to them progressing so fast.

We've had much younger super saiyans than these guys previously, and these ones are up against the best across all universes and being actively coached.

I Dunno. Don't get the hate on how fast they're progressing. It makes sense to me.

I don't hate the U6 Saiyans progress, even if it does feel kinda rushed.
It was the fight itself that didn't do anything for me, guess the Goku vs Jiren raised the bar a lot for me.

Btw, i know i'm a tiny minority on this opinion (not sure if i'm not actually alone) but i really like SSJ3's design.

Sony

Nintendo
I still loathe the idea of Cabba, Caulifla and Kale getting going from newbz to SS2 and potentially beyond in about 2 hours. Then again it's in line with DBS with its BS powerups. Super showed a hint of what was awesome about dragonball in the latest episode: Goku in base beat Caulifla SS2 by martial arts instead of brawling. You don't need ginormous powerups to make fights interesting. Ultra Instinct Goku is also a fuckton stronger than SSBKK, which is stronger than SSB, which is much stronger than SSG, which is a ginormous megaton stronger than SS3. You can fertilize a farm the size of Australia with the amount of BS introduced in Super.

#Imback

Espada

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suspects this may be leading up to U6 being eliminated. It was an average episode, but it's been a good while since we've had one of these. Next week's is looking pretty interesting.

Top Bottom