• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

kUK4WN.gif

AdanVC

Wow, this two episodes made me feel like a child again. True happiness and excitement, that's what I needed right freaking now after some rough weeks. When life is going to shit, you can always count with Dragon Ball to cheer you up :')

Tamanon

Banned
That final bout in 110 looked way cool. Just an awesome pair of episodes. Looking forward to the future, as I feel there's still some more reveals to have.

HardRojo

When Whis gets hyped you know shit gotta real.

His excitement throughout the whole thing, he's been teaching Vegeta and Goku to master their the independence of their bodies for so long, of course he would be excited to finally see Goku attaining that state somehow. His excitement made the whole thing more amazing.

My god episode 109 delivered!!! 110 was amazing too but I felt abit confused but it was damn good!!!

I'm calling it, vegeta also has a new level of power!

So here's another take on 110 that was mentioned a bit before:
So what do you guys think is up with Zeno? He clearly doesn't seem to understand what is happening in this tourney. Things you would expect a god of everything to know. Do you think they will pull the "Of course he does't understand what is happening. Do you know exactly what ants are doing when you watch them fight? That's what this is to him" or do you really think he's a non-combat god?

damn Goku was moving like a Gundam in trans am or Freedom Gundam LOL.

My brother said the exact same thing, lol.
Goku's "mastery of self-movement" or whatever it'll be called (hopefully not "Ultra Instinct" because that shit is wack) reminded me of Exia the first time it went Trans-Am on the Throne Gundams. And it was just as hype too.

Also, I feel like this state achieves what Toriyama was originally trying to do with SSG. Makes it extremely simple but amazing.

I can't help but be disappointed that absolutely
everybody was spot on about what would happen. Goku would get a temporary power up from the spirit bomb that would allow him to rival his enemy, he loses it and doesnt really do much besides landing a very solid hit against him and now he needs to recover as Jiren fights Hit

His
new transformation already having a limit he reached in the battle he used it is extremely underwhelming. It's like the first SSJ was the only one he used to overcome a difficulty and outright defeat his enemy, everything else is playing catch-up

the implications from this just felt like the writers dealing with power creep and
needing to find a canon way to give Goku the ability to play keep up in the future

So here's another take on 110 that was mentioned a bit before:
So what do you guys think is up with Zeno? He clearly doesn't seem to understand what is happening in this tourney. Things you would expect a god of everything to know. Do you think they will pull the "Of course he does't understand what is happening. Do you know exactly what ants are doing when you watch them fight? That's what this is to him" or do you really think he's a non-combat god?

I am surprised as well.. How on Earth does he seem lost about
Ultra Instinct
among the gods and angels..

so i guess it's confirmed
jiren is the one whis was talking about before the tourney started

I dunno about that. It was't outright said and the fact that the spiky blue dude got the final screen and way bigger than everyone else when the kai said this would be a important battle, along with the rat god not seeming nearly as worried as everyone else makes me think it will still be him as the who beat a GoD as the manga would suggest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't help but be disappointed that absolutely
everybody was spot on about what would happen. Goku would get a temporary power up from the spirit bomb that would allow him to rival his enemy, he loses it and doesnt really do much besides landing a very solid hit against him and now he needs to recover as Jiren fights Hit

His
new transformation already having a limit he reached in the battle he used it is extremely underwhelming. It's like the first SSJ was the only one he used to overcome a difficulty and outright defeat his enemy, everything else is playing catch-up

the implications from this just felt like the writers dealing with power creep and
needing to find a canon way to give Goku the ability to play keep up in the future

The spirit bomb triggered the transformation and gave him the stamina to use it, at least that's how I understood the subs. It looked like even with the new form Jiren is a half-step or so above him (at least), so I imagine the next series of episodes will be everyone trying to wear down Jiren to the point where Goku can knock him out after regaining his stamina.

Maddness

So pretty obvious that Freeza is about to give Goku power right? Which is why he mentioned this reminded him of Namek.

Good special, but I can't be the only one who thought Jiren seemed TOO strong, right? I mean, this felt like if Kid Goku from Dragon Ball tried fighting Frieza.

I dunno about that. It was't outright said and the fact that the spiky blue dude got the final screen and way bigger than everyone else when the kai said this would be a important battle, along with the rat god not seeming nearly as worried as everyone else makes me think it will still be him as the who beat a GoD as the manga would suggest.

lmao i wouldn't be mad

The spirit bomb triggered the transformation and gave him the stamina to use it, at least that's how I understood the subs. It looked like even with the new form Jiren is a half-step or so above him (at least), so I imagine the next series of episodes will be everyone trying to wear down Jiren to the point where Goku can knock him out after regaining his stamina.

just seems disappointing. Outside of the end of the Namek and the Cell saga that feeling of pure cheering hype over
finally overwhelming the enemy by the leads own strength
of me screaming around as a kid excitedly hasn't been reached and I was hoping
this new transformation
would do it.

Top Bottom