• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Magwik

Banned
super curious as to what
freeza is doing here...

Frieza_Defeated!!_-_Goku_gives_Frieza_2.PNG

They promised us Jiren and they gave us fucking Jiren. And he did NOT disappoint.

Definitively the best two episodes of Super, but I'll give 109 the edge.

The Zenos losing their shit at the start of 110 was the funniest thing I've seen since the baseball episode.

I liked how emotional Beerus was, buddy was even trembling at Jiren.

Yeah, dick move on Vegeta's part, I mean, even Frieza gave. It was weird because I considered him a much nicer character than Goku at the start of this saga, but he regressed a lot the moment Frieza was brought back. Oh well.

Can someone finish Ribrianne?

But yeah, that hour was the embodiment was why we were all excited when Super was announced.

Neoxon

Okay, those two episodes were fucking amazing! They definitely lived up to the hype, from the animation to even the music. Like, goddamn....

so the
new form and the ultra instinct are two different things right? also, if i Understand right, the spirit bomb was just the catalyst to awaken this new form, and he doesn't need to use a spirit bomb to do it again, yeah?

that's clearly going to happen imo.
Was the first thing i thought of

god damn that's fucking hype

HardRojo

They promised us Jiren and they gave us fucking Jiren. And he did NOT disappoint.

Definitively the best two episodes of Super, but I'll give 109 the edge.

The Zenos losing their shit at the start of 110 was the funniest thing I've seen since the baseball episode.

I liked how emotional Beerus was, buddy was even trembling at Jiren.

Yeah, dick move on Vegeta's part, I mean, even Frieza gave. It was weird because I considered him a much nicer character than Goku at the start of this saga, but he regressed a lot the moment Frieza was brought back. Oh well.

Can someone finish Ribrianne?

But yeah, that hour was the embodiment was why we were all excited when Super was announced.
That was totally in character for Vegeta, he's fine and can move alright so he's gonna help in his own way (which was stopping Ribrianne from pulling any scummy shit),
plus you can see him caring a bit about Goku at the end of 110.
Jiren was fucking great and we finally heard longer lines ffs!
so the
new form and the ultra instinct are two different things right? also, if i Understand right, the spirit bomb was just the catalyst to awaken this new form, and he doesn't need to use a spirit bomb to do it again, yeah?

I don't think Goku will have free access to that form, it'd be too OP if he were able to use it like he does SS and SSB right now, Migatte no Gokui is supposed to be what Whis was telling Vegeta and Goku they should learn, and even some GoDs can't reach that stage, so giving it freely to Goku now would be a bit weird and basically confirming he's reached or even surpassed Beerus.

so the

he was exhausted, he absorbed the spirit bomb and it gave him energy to move. The heat was something else.

ajim

also Beerus
getting emotional about Goku's "death"
Amazing!

holy shit, dunno if this would ever happen, but I would love it if it did
beerus only emotional Because he knows if goku is gone his universe has no chance and hez going to be erased with it.

But I love how jiren strikes fear into all of the gods. I wonder just how powerful he is when he actually is pushed to the limits

NimbusD

Yea, even with the new form he still felt crazy strong. I mean, we only saw his aura flare at the very end of that fight. So he's probably got more in the tank than what we've seen so far.

I feel like this is better in terms of keeping the story going for a long time though. If they aren't careful the power creep will eat them alive like it did Toriyama near the end.

lol, they're well past power creep concerns.

As much as I feel like pretty much everything in super feels like b-level fan fiction, and they've got serious problems with properly setting stakes and pacing, damn do they delivery on the hype. Hype as fuck. New ending is solid too.

As for what happens next?
I'm still holding out hope for something more interesting than goku just somehow getting power back (from freiza?). Other fighters are still there, I hope they pull their weight somehow. Or imagine if Freiza somehow delivered the final blow to Jiren, not that I want him to be central in a villain position again,
but at least that complicates things in an interesting way moving forward.

I also like how after the spirit bomb, they gave up for a whole episode with the flying rule.

Jaeger

so the

Seems so. The Spirit Bomb was just the trigger to unlock this new "form". Although it seems more like Goku finally achieved that thing Whis mentioned in RoF, and it's just as much of a new ability as it is a new form.

Wow I was about to give Tate some credit because I liked those shots Panda posted. But even if that was Tate, the bad would still easily outweigh the good for me. (I know now that it wasn't, just saying if)

Tateisms were my biggest gripe with the whole thing, but I've said time and time again that I mainly enjoy Super for things other than how the fight looks. With that said, these episodes were HYPE AF. The buildups, the reactions, the atmosphere, amazing. And it did actually have a decent amount of good fighting, so that's pretty cool too.

Next episode looks sick! I wonder if Jiren has been weakened a lot, or if Hit can actually somehow hang with a person of that level? I said it before as a joke, but maybe he really can improve just by watching strong people fight. I dunno.

Boke1879

beerus only emotional Because he knows if goku is gone his universe has no chance and hez going to be erased with it.

But I love how jiren strikes fear into all of the gods. I wonder just how powerful he is when he actually is pushed to the limits

While you're right. I fully believe Beerus has a soft spot for Goku. Even if he only respects him as a warrior.

NimbusD

Wow I was about to give Tate some credit because I liked those shots Panda posted. But even if that was Tate, the bad would still easily outweigh the good for me. (I know now that it wasn't, just saying if)

Tateisms were my biggest gripe with the whole thing, but I've said time and time again that I mainly enjoy Super for things other than how the fight looks. With that said, these episodes were HYPE AF. The buildups, the reactions, the atmosphere, amazing. And it did actually have a decent amount of good fighting, so that's pretty cool too.

Next episode looks sick! I wonder if Jiren has been weakened a lot, or if Hit can actually somehow hang with a person of that level? I said it before as a joke, but maybe he really can improve just by watching strong people fight. I dunno.

Jiren's strong, but Hit still has powers that best pure strength. I imagine he gets hits in, but doesn't do much overall.

Seems so. The Spirit Bomb was just the trigger to unlock this new "form". Although it seems more like Goku finally achieved that thing Whis mentioned in RoF, and it's just as much of a new ability as it is a new form.

he was exhausted, he absorbed the spirit bomb and it gave him energy to move. The heat was something else.

i think that the
new form and the technique are different things, based on what whis said. I assume from both your comments that I am right in assuming he doesn't need the bomb to do it from here on out.

idk i feel like it was a mix of him
being emotional bc he likes goku and bc of the destruction thing

Kevinroc

110 was really cool. The animation in these two episodes were something else.

The one problem I have with this arc is that they are very hesitant to actually knock characters off the ring. I can't think of anyone who was knocked off in these two episodes.

I'm pretty sure Beerus actually was worried about Goku beyond his own safety. Especially with the way he was like "Is this really the end for you, Goku"

Boke1879

110 was really cool. The animation in these two episodes were something else.

The one problem I have with this arc is that they are very hesitant to actually knock characters off the ring. I can't think of anyone who was knocked off in these two episodes.

No one was. Because they were all watching the fight.

This might be the first part of Super that I've wanted to rewatch immediately.

Hopefully the animation isn't only downhill from here!
I think
Freiza is giving him energy.

Or maybe that's obvious.
That makes sense, given the line
by Frieza reminiscing of when the positions were reversed.

I think
Freiza is giving him energy.

Or maybe that's obvious.

Wasn't obvious to me.

me either but I LOVE IT

Quitela
doesn't care about Jiren
🤔

i think quitela is so confident because even if Jiren is the only fighter left on the stage, NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THE U4 BUGS ARE. Quitela will win if Jiren is the last one standing because he will have two fighters left that nobody had seen for the whole tourney.

LotusHD

Banned
Watched the episode with friends, shit was amazing, though the 2nd episode was a bit lacking in comparison. Still, easily the best of Super to date.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For those that have seen it, do not spoil it for others. Do not post images without hiding them. Do not post spoilers of the episodes without using the spoiler tags. Be courteous to those who may have given up on seeing it tonight or are experiencing issues still viewing them.

Those people shouldn't be reading this thread.

Hit is about to get so strong! Like good grief! The trifecta in this. If Gihan and Vegeta step up this is going to be a bloodbath!

brinstar

110 was awesome but my favorite part was
jiren manhandling goku in 109 goddamn lmao

can't wait to rewatch these tomorrow

110 spoilers
I mean, I think that even if Frieza wants Goku dead, he's got too much pride to accept beating and killing him when someone else did the rest of the work anyway.
He probably also wants to learn how to use ultra instinct or whatever it's called himself,
plus I doubt Frieza would be ok with being erased even if he did get to kill Goku.
My guess as to Frieza's ultimate plan is he wants to attain powers beyond what the GoDs,
and possibly even Zeno are capable of

yea, Frieza's definitely giving goku some of his energy. It's clear Frieza wants to observe Goku entering that state so he can achieve it for himself.

Kevinroc

god damn and people thought having freeza in the tourney was a bad idea!!!

From a fighting perspective with cool powers, Buu is way more interesting. But from a pure story perspective, nobody else could hold a candle to Freeza. Subbing in Freeza for Buu was one of the best decisions they ever made.

Watched the episode with friends, shit was amazing, though the 2nd episode was a bit lacking in comparison. Still, easily the best of Super to date.

On one hand, I'm glad I didn't hold an event with friends because it would've just been us looking for the episode for 2 1/2 hours and I'm sure we would've gotten frustrated, but that really did bring me back to watching DBZ after elementary school with friends and seeing SS Goku for the first time and all of us losing our shit over it.

Top Bottom