• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Good special, but I can't be the only one who thought Jiren seemed TOO strong, right? I mean, this felt like if Kid Goku from Dragon Ball tried fighting Frieza.

Yea, even with the new form he still felt crazy strong. I mean, we only saw his aura flare at the very end of that fight. So he's probably got more in the tank than what we've seen so far.

just seems disappointing. Outside of the end of the Namek and the Cell saga that feeling of pure cheering hype over
finally overwhelming the enemy by the leads own strength
of me screaming around as a kid excitedly hasn't been reached and I was hoping
this new transformation
would do it.

I feel like this is better in terms of keeping the story going for a long time though. If they aren't careful the power creep will eat them alive like it did Toriyama near the end.

Dereck

Goku
does not deserve to beat Jiren not now, especially when this seems to be a regular staple of the series where a character gets a power boost and overcomes the enemy. I like that they didn't go that route and had Jiren power through Goku instead.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think this is one of the top 5 episodes in the whole fucking series. I'd still place Gohan's SS2 rage above this though.

HardRojo

Good special, but I can't be the only one who thought Jiren seemed TOO strong, right? I mean, this felt like if Kid Goku from Dragon Ball tried fighting Frieza.

Jiren attained body independence mastery a long time ago it seems, while Goku has no clue what the hell he was doing, so of course Jiren will still have the upper hand,
plus this seems like something the writers don't want to give Goku by regular means just yet, otherwise he'd be pretty much above anyone by now, even a few GoDs perhaps.

This is pretty much freiza vs goku 2.0 but with goku having a form that can burn out

But Frieza was clearly a step above Goku in their fight. Goku got a few good hits on Jiren but at best, they were evenly matched. I dunno, Jiren really feels as if he's channeling Saitama from OPM to the point of absurdity.

Eylos

Banned
Man those 2 Episodes were Amazing, the animation, everything. :( They can cancel super every saturday, and Just do 2 Episodes per Month like these.

so what Now, Goku Will wait and recover and master this form at the end to fight jiren?

Yea, even with the new form he still felt crazy strong. I mean, we only saw his aura flare at the very end of that fight. So he's probably got more in the tank than what we've seen so far.

I feel like this is better in terms of keeping the story going for a long time though. If they aren't careful the power creep will eat them alive like it did Toriyama near the end.

but at the same time the power difference in here is getting ridiculous. At least Hit was a legit opponent, Jiren just feels like original character do not steal self-insert levels of overpowered. And it doesn't really seem earned since the character is being introduced as a good guy from another universe who stands still doing Jojo stares and doesn't break a sweat.

Like if Saitama from One Punch Man came to dragon ball.

Jiren attained body independence mastery a long time ago it seems, while Goku has no clue what the hell he was doing, so of course Jiren will still have the upper hand,
plus this seems like something the writers don't want to give Goku by regular means just yet, otherwise he'd be pretty much above anyone by now, even a few GoDs perhaps.

his body will remember it, and adapt the power plus extra.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, beyond that it seems like Jiren is still stronger if only just. He only really had to release his full power at the very end of their clash.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This was a great shot.

66DXvmy.png

Frieza is still the most interesting character in the tournament.
He's gathering intel from the gods, he learned what goku achieved, he helped him with the genkidama and now is giving him some dark energy

Just what do you think Frieza is planning?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He's gathering intel from the gods, he knows what goku achieved, he helped him with the genkidama and now is giving him some dark energy

Teaching him to channel outside energy better which is what True Gold seems to be

Frieza needs him or goku to win

Just like he tried to teach goku how to handle death god energy

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He's gathering intel from the gods, he learned what goku achieved, he helped him with the genkidama and now is giving him some dark energy

Knowing him he wants conquest. Once a Space Napoleon, always a Space Napoleon after all.
I imagine he's going to try getting information about Goku's new form out of him while sharing that energy.

Astral Dog

I thought
he was going to 'kill' him, its obvious Frieza will be the key in Goku going Blue again and beating Jiren

Mory Dunz

....well that was bad.
It was really pretty at least. So that's nice.

I don't even know where to start when listing negatives tho lol.

Next ep looks interesting.

These two episodes where absolutely GOAT, this really did feel like a special instead of two usual episodes slapped together. The animation and music were top notch.

Even when Frieza's doing something as generous as giving Goku his energy to get back to full health, it looks likes an execution

Well the true GOAT is going to beat Jiren

Gohan
Nah, that Blue Guy

Give him freeze power to cool off the heat

YO! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok. ok. whew. Jiren must have that Clown God of Destruction's power already.
This dude is beyond anything we've seen! But that ULTRA INSTINCT transformation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD! I almost got emotional!
SSJ3 levels of transformation hype!!! SO FREAKING GOOD! And to not go the typical anime route of letting him win, they solidify once more why Dragon Ball continues to be the King of this anime ish, by letting Goku not be all-powerful. He's gotta earn it. THE HARD WAY! Hear that Naruto? Hear that Ichigo? EARN IT! And I still love Saitama but I think Super has officially outclassed OPM Season 1 finally!

WHAT A SPECIAL!

They are about to pull a broly on us. Goku is gonna be staggering about the arena until everyone decides to give him energy which he will use to one shot Jiren

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lived up to the hype

Ultra Instinct (dunno what the form's name is) looks SO good in action. Super staff surprised me.

The worrying thing is if Goku can spam this form it won't always look this good due to not having these guys doing the animating.

kitzkozan

It's crazy, it brings me back when I discovered Dragon ball in the late 90's. :p Goddamn, just this arc will consecrate Super as the legitimate successor to DBZ no matter what happen hehe. Goku won't ever be a deep character, but he's fucking crazy and he's the #1 reason why I watched way too much Dragon Ball.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dammit, why did I come into this thread right before I have to leave the house? Now this is gonna be nagging me all day. I gotta see this.

Jaeger

For those that have seen it, do not spoil it for others. Do not post images without hiding them. Do not post spoilers of the episodes without using the spoiler tags. Be courteous to those who may have given up on seeing it tonight or are experiencing issues still viewing them.

Thank you.

Episode talk;

Fucking amazing. Some of the best animation yet. Seeing everyone's reactions to what was going on. The play by play talk between the Gods. Beerus' reactions to Goku's new level of power. Amazing stuff. We will be talking about all that went on for a while, for sure.

like i am legit floored right now. episode 110 was absolutely incredible. the hype delivered tenfold. I am 1000x more interested in the rest of the tournament now. I know some of you don't like Tate so much, but his animation was godlike in this episode. I am so fucking happy, when Goku
got the new form and attacked Jiren
it was an amazing feeling

interesting note though
The gods all seemed freaked out that Goku had awoken this "ultra instinct", but they don't mention anything about it for Jiren, so I don't think he has it

probably gonna go back and read through all the spoiler discussion, but for now I think I am going to watch both episodes again. they are so fucking good. easily the best episodes of super.

Amazing episodes, crazy speculation time

Clown GoD was too confident of Jiren, he even seemed to control him, not just comminicate with him. Maybe he asked for a warrior able to surpass the GoD to the super dragon balls.

AdanVC

YO! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok. ok. whew. Jiren must have that Clown God of Destruction's power already.
This dude is beyond anything we've seen! But that ULTRA INSTINCT transformation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD! I almost got emotional!
SSJ3 levels of transformation hype!!! SO FREAKING GOOD! And to not go the typical anime route of letting him win, they solidify once more why Dragon Ball continues to be the King of this anime ish, by letting Goku not be all-powerful. He's gotta earn it. THE HARD WAY! Hear that Naruto? Hear that Ichigo? EARN IT! And I still love Saitama but I think Super has officially outclassed OPM Season 1 finally!

WHAT A SPECIAL!

AMEN! This two episodes re-inforced that DB is still king when it comes to power levels and the way the characters (in this case Goku) trains his ass off to earn it.

It's crazy, it brings me back when I discovered Dragon ball in the late 90's. :p Goddamn, just this arc will consecrate Super as the legitimate successor to DBZ no matter what happen hehe. Goku won't ever be a deep character, but he's fucking crazy and he's the #1 reason why I watched way too much Dragon Ball.

Hell yeah! I really felt like a child again with this two episodes! It was so damn good!

Top Bottom