• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

110 spoilers
I mean, I think that even if Frieza wants Goku dead, he's got too much pride to accept beating and killing him when someone else did the rest of the work anyway.
He probably also wants to learn how to use ultra instinct or whatever it's called himself,
plus I doubt Frieza would be ok with being erased even if he did get to kill Goku.
My guess as to Frieza's ultimate plan is he wants to attain powers beyond what the GoDs,
and possibly even Zeno are capable of

yea, Frieza's definitely giving goku some of his energy. It's clear Frieza wants to observe Goku entering that state so he can achieve it for himself.
freeza can definitely learn ultra instinct. he has shown before that he has much more potential than any saiyan

Looking at the preview it seems Hit fares better than Goku(Pre-Ulta Instinct) did with Jiren.

Hit has a deep bag of tricks, and Goku earlier did say that Hit was already way stronger than he was at the U7 vs U6 tournament. I'm guessing Hit will boost in ability a few times against Jiren.

LotusHD

Banned
I liked the second episode better in terms of everything that wasn't fighting.

Well as you well know, that is what I meant, action could've been better.

Also fuck
Vegeta. Even Frieza gave his energy... And no, I don't care that he helped fend off Ribrianne.

LotusHD

Banned
On one hand, I'm glad I didn't hold an event with friends because it would've just been us looking for the episode for 2 1/2 hours and I'm sure we would've gotten frustrated, but that really did bring me back to watching DBZ after elementary school with friends and seeing SS Goku for the first time and all of us losing our shit over it.

We just ate food, then played Mario Kart for a good while until it became available to view with little trouble lol

No I really didn't lol

Well now you do

nLuU8J4.png

Vegeta'
s energy probably wouldn't have made a difference, but yeah, he's a dick for not helping

also, the music was amazing too in both episodes

god fucking damn i am obsessed

the track that plays when
clown god is talking to jiren
is so fucking sick

Freeza putting in the MVP work here, despite goku learning hokuto shinken like instantly. jiren was hype and delivered. look forward to next weeks ep.

daveo42

Banned
Good lord that was an amazing special.
Ultra Instinct and whatever that other form actually is were rad. The battle between Jiren and Goku was nuts from start to finish. Even got a bit misty-eyed at the "death of Goku" where he fell into that Spirit Bomb black hole.

I assume the heat, silver eyes, and aura are part of the new form, but no one knows why he has it or ultra instinct now. Maybe it has something to do with him being sucked into the Spirit Bomb? Kind of like a second awakening to a level above Saiyan God thanks to being infused with multiple sources of power at once?

Next week looks good, though I expect at some point
Goku v Jiren Round 2 will happen, regardless of what plans Frieza has for Goku at this point.

I'm surprised people think Frieza is going to attack Goku. Frieza is the smartest person there (which isn't saying much but still). He knows if Goku goes down then Universe 7 is dead and he never gets revived. Frieza will do everything he can to make sure Universe 7 lives and he gets resurrected. He hates Goku with a passion but he's not blinded by it like Vegeta.

I'm surprised people think Frieza is going to attack Goku. Frieza is the smartest person there (which isn't saying much but still). He knows if Goku goes down then Universe 7 is dead and he never gets revived. Frieza will do everything he can to make sure Universe 7 lives and he gets resurrected. He hates Goku with a passion but he's not blinded by it like Vegeta.

He might be giving him energy

Mory Dunz

Hopefully jiren will
get some characterization next ep. I still feel nothing for him. Except he likes to turn his back to pose and follow orders.
He looks he's actually.....fighting in NEP which will be nice.
The music was nice

edit:
ninja edit for spoilers.
Are we still doing them I guess?

Good lord that was an amazing special.
Ultra Instinct and whatever that other form actually is were rad. The battle between Jiren and Goku was nuts from start to finish. Even got a bit misty-eyed at the "death of Goku" where he fell into that Spirit Bomb black hole.

I assume the heat, silver eyes, and aura are part of the new form, but no one knows why he has it or ultra instinct now. Maybe it has something to do with him being sucked into the Spirit Bomb? Kind of like a second awakening to a level above Saiyan God thanks to being infused with multiple sources of power at once?

Next week looks good, though I expect at some point
Goku v Jiren Round 2 will happen, regardless of what plans Frieza has for Goku at this point.

i absolutely expect round 2 with, shirtless goku included, as well as that smoky red aura

Dark_castle

Frieza is not going to give Goku free energy. That conventional means of giving energy doesn't really work in making Goku achieving that ultra instinct form. He's going to launch a Genki dama level attack to Goku and indirectly force Goku to absorb the energy again and return to ultra instinct form. If the attempt failed, he would have killed Goku and it's still a win for Frieza anyway. Win win for Frieza.

munchie64

So I firgot who said it but
do you think they were right when they said Jiren would've lost had the Genki Dama hit him?

I haven't seen anyone touch on the
voice

What was the impression of that? Reminded me a lot
of the final Sensui fight in Yu Yu Hakusho.

AdanVC

Some fighting scenes on this two episodes where so high quality I thought I was watching a movie or if this was made by Madhouse's One Punch Man S1 team. It was THAT good!! Hope Toei can mantain this quality for the rest of the tournament.

Also, I'm low-key fine with Jiren's lack of personality now. You do you homie

Thank you. It doesn't seem like much on paper, but I really don't feel like much is missing with him. He does his thing, it's super cool and then we move on. Can't really ask for more.

no way, he would have been fine

I think he would've been able to continue fighting, but it would still probably do a ton of damage and sapped a lot of Stamina, even with how strong Jiren is. Might've given Blue Kaioken or one of the other fighters a chance at fighting a weakened Jiren

daveo42

Banned
Oh right, regarding the Frieza scene:
that's the same scene where Goku gives Frieza a bit of energy to survive. I wonder if Frieza will give him enough to fight at full strength again. I know he wants access to Ultra Instinct and will probably get it, but I don't know how much he'd be willing to give Goku. Probably enough not to die.

Some fighting scenes on this two episodes where so high quality I thought I was watching a movie or if this was made by Madhouse's One Punch Man S1 team. It was THAT good!! Hope Toei can mantain this quality for the rest of the tournament.

About that ...

There are consequences to getting an episode this good.

VariantX

So I firgot who said it but
do you think they were right when they said Jiren would've lost had the Genki Dama hit him?

Probably. But that shit was NEVER going to hit him. Dude has absolutely no openings on top of being as strong as a GoD.

Top Bottom