• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Im in my super saiyan god ultra instinct form

My super saiyan god ultra instinct form is better

Ima super saiyan..goku bites tongue

Whis- let’s just call it super saiyan silver like your guys son goku

Skii

He's literally not breaking his limit though. It's something entirely different. Any transformation can be seen as breaking your limit anyway. Ultra instinct is way better.

Btw,
I'm pretty sure 114 is referencing someone we already know since they use "birth". It's either Kale or Caulifla imo. Probably the latter because Goku is going to teach her Blue...

caliph95

I mean Goku will clearly combine UI with SS and get Ultra Saiyan...
"I know you're impatient for the full story cell but here's the long version "
"I got a taste of a form called ultra instinct and then tapped into that powere my own and this is the Super Saiyan version of that"

NeonZ

Could be, but I'm thinking it's for a character getting a powerup simply because the name of the episode saying "birth" doesn't really sound like it would be used to introduce a character. Could be Goku re-entering the Ultra Instinct state, could also be Kale getting another powerup given that the description of the episode has her in it. If it's Cauli or Kale I hope it's Cauli though.

He's literally not breaking his limit though. It's something entirely different. Any transformation can be seen as breaking your limit anyway. Ultra instinct is way better.

Btw,
I'm pretty sure 114 is referencing someone we already know since they use "birth". It's either Kale or Caulifla imo. Probably the latter because Goku is going to teach her Blue...

"Birth" is just a word choice from Herms. The episode title doesn't use "誕生/Tanjou" in Japanese, which would be a more literal birth, but rather 爆誕, which means sudden/surprising appearance, like this fighter came, appeared or was created out of nowhere.

Btw,

I mean he is breaking his limit. Whis said he broke through the shell over his potential or something

I hope we see U6's Namekians in action soon. They must be either extremely strong or have some special abilities not seen in the series before. Or else there wouldn't be a reason to hide them from us for so long. We haven't even seen their reaction to the Goku vs Jiren fight. Instead we have to bear with the whole Ribrianne nonsense every frickin' episode (I hope she gets ringed out by either one of the Namekians or U4's invisible insect things).

Kevinroc

"I know you're impatient for the full story cell but here's the long version "
"I got a taste of a form called ultra instinct and then tapped into that powere my own and this is the Super Saiyan version of that"

"You really do need to work on your descriptions, Goku. I nearly bit my tongue just trying to spit it all out!"

NeonZ

I hope we see U6's Namekians in action soon. They must be either extremely strong or have some special abilities not seen in the series before. Or else there wouldn't be a reason to hide them from us for so long. We haven't even seen their reaction to the Goku vs Jiren fight. Instead we have to bear with the whole Ribrianne nonsense every frickin' episode (I hope she gets ringed out by either one of the Namekians or U4's invisible insect things).

They were randomly shown facing a U3 fighter in the background of one of the scenes this episode.

Skii

"Birth" is just a word choice from Herms. The episode title doesn't use "誕生/Tanjou" in Japanese, which would be a more literal birth, but rather 爆誕, which means sudden/surprising appearance, like this fighter came, appeared or was created out of nowhere.

Oh interesting. It's probably a new warrior then if its sudden/surprising.

I mean he is breaking his limit. Whis said he broke through the shell over his potential or something

Hmm I guess. I just took it more along the lines of him unlocking the potential that was there. Breaking the limit sounds like its a full power up/transformation. This feels more like a technique similar to KK. But yeah, still maintain its not really a good name because every transformation has "broken the previous limit".

So I mentioned this earlier, but they didn't really use the cut of goku and jiren fighting in the OP in this special. I watched it again earlier, and I believe they did use a small part of it, but not nearly the whole thing.

I expect that later on we will see the full cut.

People were telling me I am wrong , and they did use the cut, but I really don't think they used most of it

Moaradin

So I mentioned this earlier, but they didn't really use the cut of goku and jiren fighting in the OP in this special. I watched it again earlier, and I believe they did use a small part of it, but not nearly the whole thing.

People were telling me I am wrong , and they did use the cut, but I really don't think they used most of it

Nah you're right. The Shida cut in the OP wasn't used at all.

Red Devil

Could it be
those two guys from U4 or no chance
?

Morlas

Revised predictions
Caulifla challenges goku to a fight knowing he still pisses off kale and keeps fighting him until he's a challenge then tags kale in. Goku keeps fighting kale until she gets frustrated and goes berserk form while caulifla watches on.
Kale eventually tries to get Goku with a broly blast which caulifla takes as her cue and jumps inside of it to try and recreate what happened to goku. Kales unique berserk energy reacts strangely and causes a new unseen transformation in caulifla surprising kale and goku. Kale is upset that caulifla put herself in danger and used her attack like that caulifla apologizes and gives kale a long wet kiss...kale spends the next 5 episodes as a puddle on the ground caulifla and goku square up to fight again.

Safe to say after this tournament the gods are gonna want goku and jiren dead right(well which one wins and survives(

Some might not ever see him again considering they'd in theory be dead lmao. But I guess the cheesy thing is that Goku will wish all of the universes back and the excuse to keep them alive will be that in return they'll have this tournament every X amount of time.

Gin-Shiio

Revised predictions
Caulifla challenges goku to a fight knowing he still pisses off kale and keeps fighting him until he's a challenge then tags kale in. Goku keeps fighting kale until she gets frustrated and goes berserk form while caulifla watches on.
Kale eventually tries to get Goku with a broly blast which caulifla takes as her cue and jumps inside of it to try and recreate what happened to goku. Kales unique berserk energy reacts strangely and causes a new unseen transformation in caulifla surprising kale and goku. Kale is upset that caulifla put herself in danger and used her attack like that caulifla apologizes and gives kale a long wet kiss...kale spends the next 5 episodes as a puddle on the ground caulifla and goku square up to fight again.

Thought this read like fanfiction until the last bit. I think this is a sensible theory.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So what's worse? Attacking someone while they're transforming or attacking someone while they're charging up their trump card?

Both of them are really good ideas, especially when they're transforming. If you attack someone charging an attack in Dragonball they still might be able to fire it off (albeit weaker) and wound you.

LordOfChaos

A lot of people have mentioned it's a bit late in the story for Vegeta still to be holding out on powering up the Spirit Bomb. I'm wondering now if it was written like that to show that Vegeta still kept his stamina, gearing him up for another big fight in the tournament rather than being sidelined by all these superpowered characters.

I usually don´t post here, but lurk a bit. Mostly to avoid spoilers, since i don´t watch previews and stuff.

I just want to post because i need to. I just watched the 2-parter because i couldn´t earlier. GOD DAMN.

I´m sitting here like

gvjE9di.jpg

Just replace brownie with Dragon Ball. Shit felt like a Dragon Ball Movie. The pace was blazing fast. The animation was just oh so sweet. You can tell they had more time and budget on these episodes. Shit was pristine. They were hyping up Goku vs. Jiren for like a year now lol, and they were still able to turn the hype levels to 11 on a 10 point scale just during the first episode.
tumblr_inline_mjzgvrh7Uv1qz4rgp.gif

Mah emotions man. This was legit the most amazing piece of Dragon Ball Super yet. And now we have to wait again.

Maybe the new form has something to do with the Ozaru form. Kinda looked like it when Goku fell into the Black Hole Genki Dama. The blinding white lite, his facial expression, like he went Super Sayan Ozaru somthing. They don´t mention it, just my guess, don´t tell me if it´s already known. My hype is just through the roof right now. Good night.

I found it interesting Marcarita didn't seem as confident in Jiren as as Belmod, shouldn't she know exactly how OP Jiren is if she's always around Belmod and Jiren is supposedly stronger than him?

more specifically I believe belmod may have given his power to jiren or used their universes Dragon balls for a “never lose” wish as belmod repeatedly says “its impossible for jiren to lose”

Yea, that confidence about Jiren being incapable of losing no matter who he's up against and the shocked reaction from the angel as he said it, definitely makes me think something must be up.

Also, I just love the various gods from the different universes, even belmod, giving props to the Genki Dama.

I like that technique Jiren has where he uses his eyes to activate an ability where he's fighting while appearing to be completely still. That's badass.

Gin-Shiio

Some people have a tendency to overanalyze the words said by characters. Jiren is one powerful motherfucker, hence Belmond's confidence in him. There is no other reason for it. Just like he didn't turn out to have magical sharingans because they highlighted his eyes in a prior episode.

LaNaranja

I am going to be really upset if Hit gets knocked out by Jiren. I am still rooting for Universe 6 to take the win and wish U7 back into their world.

NeonZ

Belmond clearly was worried during part of the Genki Dama clash, before Jiren starts pushing it back. I don't think his words about Jiren being unable to lose really have any special meaning aside from him knowing about Jiren's strength.

Mory Dunz

I really hope they don't.
Not sure where this whole use scenes from the intro fights thing came from, but it's annoying.

LaNaranja

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Goku's look (hair, eye color, etc) were simply a result of the spirit bomb right? From what Whis was saying, it sounded like the real transformation was Goku's ability to move his body without thinking or whatever the hell they called it. So shouldn't it always be active, and he will have his normal hair transformations going forward? Or is it going to be like Ultimate Gohan and be a form he has to trigger?

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Goku's look (hair, eye color, etc) were simply a result of the spirit bomb right? From what Whis was saying, it sounded like the real transformation was Goku's ability to move his body without thinking or whatever the hell they called it. So shouldn't it always be active, and he will have his normal hair transformations going forward? Or is it going to be like Ultimate Gohan and be a form he has to trigger?

This Spirit Bomb recharged his energy and put him in a position to unlock Ultra Instinct, The form seems to be Goku's way to tap into that power, similar to the God forms being a way to access Divine Ki.

Top Bottom