• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Yo, that form wasn't a god form, I think. It was Goku's maxed out potential with no influence of god ki or even a super saiyan transformation. Can you guys fucking imagine that?

LaNaranja

Yo, that form wasn't a god form, I think. It was Goku's maxed out potential with no influence of god ki or even a super saiyan transformation. Can you guys fucking imagine that?

That would mean an exponential number of new forms as he mixes and matches it with super saiyan, god ki, kaioken, and every combination of the four.

I just realized I have CR guest passes I could have gave away. Maybe I'll do it next weekend.

Anyone else watch 109/110 like 5 or 6 times yet like I have?

LordOfChaos

Whis said early in the series that even Beerus hasn't learned to move without thinking, not perfectly at least. The better translation from the Japanese of Ultra Instinct is more like Mastery of Self Movement, so I guess this is related to that early line.

That begs the question...Is it time to reconsider if Goku has surpassed Beerus? My read is that he may not be as strong still, but he does have the ultra instinct over him.

Mory Dunz

Whis said early in the series that even Beerus hasn't learned to move without thinking, not perfectly at least. The better translation from the Japanese of Ultra Instinct is more like Mastery of Self Movement, so I guess this is related to that early line.

That begs the question...Is it time to reconsider if Goku has surpassed Beerus? My read is that he may not be as strong still, but he does have the ultra instinct over him.

has he even surprassed Zamasu tho?

Astral Dog

I thought it was clear by Beerus/Champa shocked expression and Jiren being more powerful than Beerus, of course he needs to master that mode first

LaNaranja

Bunch of branded school supply stuff was just announced. Looks like they ditched Goten and Trunks and added 17, Gohan and Freeza instead: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/bunbougu-shibuya/c/0000000129/?s=4#risFil

Look at Freeza right there with all the heroes. I still can't get used to it.

240270003.jpg

I thought it was clear by Beerus/Champa shocked expression and Jiren being more powerful than Beerus, of course he needs to master that mode first

we don't know if Jiren is more powerful than Beerus, he may be more powerful than Belmod but we don't know how Belmod stacks up to Beerus.

In the manga there's an implication that he's far above some of the other GoDs, telling Vegeta he could be a good GoD in another universe but he's no where near being able to match him.(and of course the fight scene)

Now that said if I had to just guess I'd say UI Goku would probably be on par with Beerus.

kitzkozan

It's 2017 and I'm hyped up about dragon Ball.

Just because Toei delivered on the hype, I think Dragon ball Super can realistically come close or surpass the number of episodes of Z. :p It's well on it's way of getting there as this is a Namek style arc where the power players are breaking their limits or gaining new abilities.

Goddamn, GT could only muster 64 episodes? It must of been an even bigger flop than I remember (which is ok because I mostly forgot everything about it).

mavo

Banned
I just checked youtube and some uploads of the episodes (english and spanish subbed) have millions of views. Crazy that toei doesnt stop it lol.

Daingurse

Anyone read Toriko?
re-watching it again... EP 110 really gave me them Toriko vibes (or old school Shonen).

From the new form

to control

to this guy singing in the backgorund

lol to even Tate for the crummy anime (sadly I can't find those old Tate art screens that I really wanted :( ).

Also Enbu and stuff

I also felt some Toriko vibes. Goku's new form was reminiscent of the state Toriko achieves before the series' climax. Hell, Jiren almost gives off a presence as intimidating as NEO Acacia. Almost.

HardRojo

Anyone having problems with the CR app on PS4? Sometimes it simply decides to skip one or two seconds randomly. Haven't tried reinstalling yet, nor do I know if it's related to buffering.
I just checked youtube and some uploads of the episodes (english and spanish subbed) have millions of views. Crazy that toei doesnt stop it lol.
They're letting them break their limits :p

I-hate-u

I am really curious whether that popularity translates to having Dragon Ball FighterZ being on the same level as the Netherealm Games sales wise.

The Prime Looping moment is 109 with the new music from the time Jiren starts to release until shortly after the bead of sweat has fallen and the first shot is fired---THAT'S the good stuff arriving in force to really start the episode and set the tone for quality and....further quality of tones...for this special into 110.

That's some proper damned tension fanfare that wouldn't lose to the best in Toriko, Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken, One Piece, Shadow Skill, and all the others in the highest pantheon.

I also felt some Toriko vibes. Goku's new form was reminiscent of the state Toriko achieves before the series' climax. Hell, Jiren almost gives off a presence as intimidating as NEO Acacia. Almost.

yeah felt the same way

hopefully when he masters this form it doesn't devolve to some boring punch and kick form like the rest of his older forms when mastered

I hope they bring that insert song back later in this saga for the finale. The constant switching to the stand's commentary killed off its momentum.

It may just be me, but it feels like we didn't get the complete version of it.

has he even surprassed Zamasu tho?

Well, consider Goku's full power Kamehameha overpowered fused Zamasu. If regular, non kaioken goku could do that to Zamasu, Goku in that form almost certainly blew right past him.

In fact, I'm confident Goku in that form was stronger than Vegeeto Blue.

CazTGG

No way, he has something up his sleeve. First thing is his survival.

Also to note in the NEP Jiren is seemingly trying harder vs Hit than he did against Goku.

Goku did all the hard work and Hit is trying to steal his KO. Hit confirmed to fight around.

He's probably not in 100% condition after Goku's kick and...whatever that beam was supposed to be landed directly.

Yep.

New warrior for the climax of the arc teased by toy promotion.

There's also an upcoming episode title called
Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!

giphy.gif

Well, consider Goku's full power Kamehameha overpowered fused Zamasu. If regular, non kaioken goku could do that to Zamasu, Goku in that form almost certainly blew right past him.

In fact, I'm confident Goku in that form was stronger than Vegeeto Blue.

Zamasu powers up 2 times after that and fights on par with Vegito Blue.

He's not weak at all.

AdanVC

It's insaneee! There's multiple uploads of 109/110 episodes from different users and all of them have surpassed the 3 million views as of this post! Toei should release simultaneously worldwide the episodes subbed in an official way every week. Even just with English subtitles would be enough! They would make millions of dollars of revenue ads and stuff with this amount of views!

I keep going back and watching that whole sequence of UI Goku and Jiren, goddamn that was some good shit. From the initial transformation to the fight itself, holy fuck.

I wish I could just jump ahead to the likely rematch, it's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Top Bottom