• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

longdi

Banned
The next 2 episode after next week, are back to boring the saiyans and vegeta show. I wonder if Hit managed to wear down Jiren or have him trapped?

HeroR

"Let's do this thing that always works!" also featured in my head while watching that. It has literally never worked outside of the movies.

"OMG Jiren so strong by pushing back that ball". Kid Buu did that ages ago. Pfff. :p Oddly enough it always does work in the movies. Slug, Android 13, World's Strongest, Christmas Tree.. Except he didn't even use it against Brolly. Or Cooler. Or Metalcooler. Or that asshole with the flute (David the android?). I'm starting to think Goku may not be very consistent.

Also, that "wait for it" - "I told you I would wait" is just prime material for instant parody.

Context. Kid Buu pushed off a Spirit Bomb from an exhausted base form Goku. Jiren pushed off a Spirit Bomb from a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken x20 Goku who still had a lot of stamina.

jaCkKwpg.jpg

ReaGQ.gif

Dude lost against Beerus, forfeit against Hit and lost against Merged Zamasu.
There's zero guarantee that Goku wins against the main enemy in Super arcs.

The reason I feel it's a sure thing if they rematch the two is because any kind of rematch would likely happen at the pivotal moment in the tournament. U7 is basically screwed if Goku goes down as his new form seems like the only thing that could potentially stand up to Jiren. The other U7 fighters would get instantly stomped on by Jiren lol.

HeroR

The big different here, to me anyway, is that even if Goku beat Jiren he can still be rung out. So he wins the big fight, but still loses the tournament.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The reason I feel it's a sure thing if they rematch the two is because any kind of rematch would likely happen at the pivotal moment in the tournament. U7 is basically screwed if Goku goes down as his new form seems like the only thing that could potentially stand up to Jiren. The other U7 fighters would get instantly stomped on by Jiren lol.

I wouldn't bet anything on the tournament ending as planned anyway. There's gonna be a problem threatening all of them, or some baddie coming out, or Goku talking Zen-Oh out of it before all universes are killed off, right before one of the "important" universes would lose.

LaNaranja

Freeza is a dirty motherfucker and Gohan is team captain and the one advocating for team work. They are the two smartest people on their team (save maybe Piccolo) and could probably give Jiren a run for his money if they actually take some time to plan out an attack/trap. Actually, I want to see a Freeza/Gohan team-up against anyone, regardless of who they fight.

Also Vegeta is up to something with his whole not giving energy to Goku. I originally thought he was going to be a jobber again but maybe this time it is Goku's turn? It is so crazy that we are not even at the half way point for this tournament yet. So much shit can still go down.

I feel at the very least Goku is going to deal some significant damage to Jiren so someone else can take him out, or lock him in a stalemate so his teammates can clean house. I don't think they'd give Goku the opportunity for a rematch only for him to lose so completely again.

Freeza is a dirty motherfucker and Gohan is team captain and the one advocating for team work. They are the two smartest people on their team (save maybe Piccolo) and could probably give Jiren a run for his money if they actually take some time to plan out an attack/trap. Actually, I want to see a Freeza/Gohan team-up against anyone, regardless of who they fight.

Nope there is absolutely zero chance that freeza or gohan could stand up to jiren in any capacity. He is just too powerful.

Hit is probably the only other fighter we have seen who has any chance due to his insane abilities

I feel at the very least Goku is going to deal some significant damage to Jiren so someone else can take him out, or lock him in a stalemate so his teammates can clean house. I don't think they'd give Goku the opportunity for a rematch only for him to lose so completely again.

Yup. If they were gonna make Goku lose and not get a runback they would have just eliminated him right then.

Holy shit, just watched 109 and that shit was hype as FUCK! That music during Goku and Jiren's fight was great too. Lol at even frieza giving his energy to Goku.

Okay, on to 110.

OK, I've just got to chime in and say that despite how the Dragon Ball Super anime has been extremely disappointing to me... Episode 109 and 110 were astounding episodes.

I know everyone here hypes up the Black Goku Saga, but I didn't enjoy that as much as I did the manga version. The anime version was just extremely disappointing. But Episode 109 and 110 just now made me feel like a kid watching Dragon Ball Z again.

Great fight, fantastic music during Goku vs. Jiren. It's been while since I've liked a song in a Dragon Ball show. Hopefully upcoming episodes will be just as amazing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
As good as it looked, I found the constant changing artstyles to be jarring at times.

case in point: (despite it being beautiful it was kinda wtf)

Fusion Reborn is the best DB has looked for me.
That whole thing is by one dude. It looks consistent with itself to me if that's what you're referring to

Whew! 110 was amazing as well. Art and animation during the fight was mostly on point. That plus ultra form is so dope. Loved the difference in Goku's fighting style.

It's too early in the morning for me to be this damn hype. Also, fuck Frieza if he plans on doing what I think he is.

Maybe, but he said case in point and then posted that gif so

Or i guess maybe he thought that it was so polished it looked out of place with the rest? Idk

And rebuilt himself? Lol

I think it was more the latter. Gotta consider the comment he was replying to too.

Right? Bringing it back to when they had this promotional posters of everyone having badass poses with angry ass stares

Omg and I love it even more now that you spelt this out LOL

Top Bottom