• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

HeroR

Yeah because Goku NEVER gets to have his moment.

That isn't the point. If Vegeta got the new form first, I wouldn't like a bunch of Goku's fans whining about when will Goku get the form. The same with Gohan.

When Gohan got Super Saiyan 2, no one I knew complained about when Goku or Vegeta for that matter will get it. And the people I knew didn't know that both Goku and Vegeta would get Super Saiyan 2 in the next saga.

Aiii

So not worth it
That isn't the point. If Vegeta got the new form first, I wouldn't like a bunch of Goku's fans whining about when will Goku get the form. The same with Gohan.

When Gohan got Super Saiyan 2, no one I knew complained about when Goku or Vegeta for that matter will get it.

Receipts?

Tsunamo

We did notice, it's just that simply standing around doesn't do much for us. And with Goku and Jiren (and Hit) seemingly being a big focus in the upcoming episode no one cares about them anymore.
You wont be saying that when they introduce Piccolo to the Namekian book of legends for a new transformation!

One day my fanfic will become reality

I don't see why Gohan fans would complain about transformations at this point, we all see that Gohan is going into an completely different direction altogether

Now Vegeta fans, sure. But I have to agree that this whole "rivalry" is a bit pointless when one of the two is always ahead of the other, no exceptions.

Why is it that anytime Goku gets anything we have several posts about Gohan and/or Vegeta getting it too. Let Goku have his moment for at least a couple of days.

Doubt it since he didn't know what was going on and questioned Goku on what the hell he did.

That was a bad fan sub. Whis only said he made Vegeta's weights heavier, nothing about making them heavier than Goku's. Also, Goku said Vegeta 'may' have gotten stronger than him. Vegeta neither confirmed or denied it, leaving the entire thing vague.

From what we can tell, they got Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan at the same time.

Which could mean two things. Maybe he wanted to know "HOW" Goku got it. Cause Vegeta tapped into it himself, but rather by accident, and was hoping Goku could tell him HOW to do it again...

Or he really meant "WHAT". But my head says he meant HOW

Skii

Vegeta has been a joke since ROF arc. His character development and rivalry development has been really poorly executed. It feels like Vegeta has finally understood what its required to match Goku but its just the exact same as Z.

HeroR

Which could mean two things. Maybe he wanted to know "HOW" Goku got it. Cause Vegeta tapped into it himself, but rather by accident, and was hoping Goku could tell him HOW to do it again...

Or he really meant "WHAT". But my head says he meant HOW

If he tapped it himself he wouldn't asked 'what happened'. I would imagine something along the lines of 'he can do it too' or something to that extent. He also called Goku's movements unreal, which is an odd thing to say if he experience such a thing himself.

Vegeta has been a joke since ROF arc. His character development and rivalry development has been really poorly executed. It feels like Vegeta has finally understood what its required to match Goku but its just the exact same as Z.

Knowing isn't the same as doing. All serious marital artists try to reach the state of moving without thought, but doesn't mean they will succeed at it.

If he tapped it himself he wouldn't asked 'what happened'. I would imagine something along the lines of 'he can do it too' or something to that extent. He also called Goku's movements unreal, which is an odd thing to say if he experience such a thing himself.

Knowing isn't the same as doing. All serious marital artists try to reach the state of moving without thought, but doesn't mean they will succeed at it.

Maybe you are right...I guess I just wished Vegeta would get Ultra Instinct, cause he is acutally the one that usually thinks too much and it would be growth, that he overcame that and fought without thinking...Goku doesnt seem to think other then "I want to battle the strongest people!"

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why would he need Blue+KK20? He didnt even need SSG to get SSB as far as we know right now
They are different forms I think, not SS1 to SS2 level of upgrade. Goku is so far ahead of Vegeta right now that I don't know how he will achieve UI that even Gods have trouble with. I am all for throwing him inside a Spirit Bomb to see if that works!

Maybe you are right...I guess I just wished Vegeta would get Ultra Instinct, cause he is acutally the one that usually thinks too much and it would be growth, that he overcame that and fought without thinking...Goku doesnt seem to think other then "I want to battle the strongest people!"
There nothing wrong with wanting vegeta to get the form would've been kinda cool if they both overcame their shortcomings at the same time and started wrecking

Vegeta to get UI the same way he first got SS.

-ZdFdw.gif

Push ups, sit ups, and plenty of juice.

Skii

No. It was very clear the entire build up for ROF was that Vegeta was finally on the same level as Goku after all these years. That's why he had obtained SSB at the same time as Goku. But ever since then, they haven't built on that at all and have reverted to type.

Skeeter49

They've done good stuff with Vegeta in the Future Trunks arc, Father/Son Galick Gun is still one of my favorite moments, and the U6 arc with Cabba, but since the FT arc they've really fucked things up.

His only saving grace was the Dadgeta moment in 83.

Ash735

Hoping Vegeta gets his own transformation, just have him go SS2 and Rage in Blue seeing as Vegeta is the one who's trained the longest in SS2 pre-Super.

Skii

They've done good stuff with Vegeta in the Future Trunks arc, Father/Son Galick Gun is still one of my favorite moments, and the U6 arc with Cabba, but since the FT arc they've really fucked things up.

His only saving grace was the Dadgeta moment in 83.

Yeah but then his character doesnt want to contribute to the spirit bomb when he knows SSBKK cant even touch Jiren... lol.

His character has been a shambles since ROF. What is the point of Vegeta now? In Z he was this unpredictable character who had this inferiority complex stemming from his hatred of Goku. It was always his downfall and orchestrated Cell and Majin Buu's rise to power.

So the only logical place forward is for him to truly rival Goku after becoming "good". That is his character. To be a rival to Goku. He's only rivalled Goku in ROF and has been completely outclassed by him since. I thought there would be points where Vegeta is stronger or where Goku is stronger to illustrate how they are pushing each other. But nope.

Frieza is probably stronger than Vegeta and he's been in a cacoon in hell lmao.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vegeta needs more than just "me too". At this point he's just boring because Toriyama's run out of things to do with him.

CryptiK

Wonder when Tate will finally be shuffled onto an anime that suits his style because it sucks ass here.

On the point of new forms, I hope everyone diverges from here.

M.D

When are we getting more spoilers it's been like 2 days already since we got the last ones! My body is aching

HeroR

No. It was very clear the entire build up for ROF was that Vegeta was finally on the same level as Goku after all these years. That's why he had obtained SSB at the same time as Goku. But ever since then, they haven't built on that at all and have reverted to type.

He got the same form as Goku. Nothing says he should learned the same advance skill at the same time. Especially given how Goku got it.

And it wouldn't be the first time since he got Super Saiyan and was ahead of Goku for most of the Android/Cell Saga before being left in the dust.

I never got this argument for Vegeta. On character development, Vegeta clearly shows how he's settled to his life on earth (not willing to fight in the tournament so he can be with Bulma for the birth of Bra, and was taking care of Bra before he went out to train. In terms of rivalry development aside from RoF, Vegeta never was equal to Goku but then again he managed to beat up Rose so maybe he was during the Goku black arc. I don't see a problem because Vegta will always try to rival Goku (He yelled that he would beat Goku in the Time chamber).

Skii

He got the same form as Goku. Nothing says he should learned the same advance skill at the same time. Especially given how Goku got it.

And it wouldn't be the first time since he got Super Saiyan and was ahead of Goku for most of the Android/Cell Saga before being left in the dust.

I didnt say for him to learn the same skills. I'd much rather he learnt different skills or transformations actually adding variety but that's a bit too much for Toriyama and Toei when it comes to him clearly.

He was never truly ahead of Goku in Z. He only was at one point because Goku had a heart virus and he trained in the hyperbolic time chamber first... His character flaw in Z was entirely surrounding his pride and arrogance that he's better than Goku when he never was.

So you have this character development at the end of the Buu arc and in ROF but do nothing with it. That's poor writing.

Ingeniero

Cool episodes.
My guess is that Goku is mindless during that form. Like he has no good or evil feelings, he doesn't care about anything...
It was very cool to watch, but we need more explanations... did he absorb the Genki-Dama??

I hope Geets has a different new form, but he should have the instant move ability too.

Lamel

Banned
Yeah but then his character doesnt want to contribute to the spirit bomb when he knows SSBKK cant even touch Jiren... lol.

His character has been a shambles since ROF. What is the point of Vegeta now? In Z he was this unpredictable character who had this inferiority complex stemming from his hatred of Goku. It was always his downfall and orchestrated Cell and Majin Buu's rise to power.

So the only logical place forward is for him to truly rival Goku after becoming "good". That is his character. To be a rival to Goku. He's only rivalled Goku in ROF and has been completely outclassed by him since. I thought there would be points where Vegeta is stronger or where Goku is stronger to illustrate how they are pushing each other. But nope.

Frieza is probably stronger than Vegeta and he's been in a cacoon in hell lmao.

I'm pretty sure he was ahead of Goku during the black arc when he clobbered Rose. I've always considered them equal though, just that vegeta doesn't know KK. There's no reason to think Freeza is ahead of Goku or Vegeta, especially not after what Vegeta did to him in ROF. He's surprisingly close though.

RAWi

Cool episodes.
My guess is that Goku is mindless during that form. Like he has no good or evil feelings, he doesn't care about anything...
It was very cool to watch, but we need more explanations... did he absorb the Genki-Dama??

I hope Geets has a different new form, but he should have the instant move ability too.

If I am not wrong, the Genki-Dama only gave energy to goku (like a mini Senzu Bean), which lasted just a few minutes, that's why he lost Ultra Instinct mode really fast. It was the black hole or impact of the crushed Genki-Dama which unlocked the Ultra Instinct or latent power (kind of how Gohan got SSJ2, during Cell's Tournament, but with less feelings haha). Something inside there just unlocked it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The best moment of the special was Goku charging up the Genki dama. Really felt a connection with him as the music played.

Ingeniero

I'm pretty sure he was ahead of Goku during the black arc when he clobbered Rose. I've always considered them equal though, just that vegeta doesn't know KK.
Yeah they are pretty much the same in DBS, but Goku has KK which gives him an edge.
But overall Geets has been toe to toe with Goku and consistently top2 in U7.

Top Bottom