• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Something that bothered when I was watching clips of the dub is when Vegeta says “he’s my enemy but we’ve made a truce” in regards to Goku. What? No, you’re supposed to be friendly rivals not enemies.
It's a complicated relationship. You have always got to factor in his pride and not take his comments about Goku at face value.

HeroR

Something that bothered when I was watching clips of the dub is when Vegeta says ”he's my enemy but we've made a truce" in regards to Goku. What? No, you're supposed to be friendly rivals not enemies.

Even in the sub, Vegeta refused to call Goku a friend. He barely wants to call him a comrade.

Why didn't he just say rival then? Enemy is such a strong term

Thats far better than enemy, comrade is Vegeta's way of saying they're friends.

As it has been pointed out, their relationship is complicated. When Vegeta helped Cabba, Goku was surprised by Vegeta's kindness. When Piccolo says it because Cabba is a fellow Saiyan, Goku points that Vegeta never treats so nicely. Piccolo then tease that Vegeta doesn't like him.

i took it as he still doesn't want to be seen as being goku's 'friend' because his feelings are still complicated, even Beerus doesn't buy it
Why didn’t he just say rival then? Enemy is such a strong term

Even in the sub, Vegeta refused to call Goku a friend. He barely wants to call him a comrade.
Thats far better than enemy, comrade is Vegeta’s way of saying they’re friends.

DarkKyo

That black hole was cool, pushing on the SB so hard they made it collapse in on itself.

I still think Jiren's power involves black holes/gravity and the spirit bomb singularity had something to do with that.
V16k8cg.jpg

Maybe in an attempt to disappear Goku he collapsed the SB and made it/Goku a singularity, unaware of what it would do to Goku's body.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
How Goku has KK, Gohan has Ultimate and now Kale has SSJ Berserker... No reason why Vegeta cant have something of his own whether its a full blown form or a technique enhancing his power.

It really isn't difficult to comprehend.

His gimmick is that he doesnt have those. The one time he tried he became evil and blew himself up to no effect.

HardRojo

tenor.gif

It's finally here fam.
3ee082cd734b85ab08bf6c183fa4b629bd6acb43_hq.gif

Well the English dub we are finally get a fight against...............

Cabbage
At least that's a great episode :p
i took it as he still doesn't want to be seen as being goku's 'friend' because his feelings are still complicated, even Beerus doesn't buy it
They're not ready to admit their friendship, but they stopped being enemies a long time ago, it's just a friendly rivalry now, but yeah, Beerus didn't buy his BS lol.

Morlas

i think Vegeta will be the master of blue and his next form will be super blue vegeta where his whole body turns blue...like in willy wonka

HeroR

Why didn’t he just say rival then? Enemy is such a strong term

Thats far better than enemy, comrade is Vegeta’s way of saying they’re friends.

When I said 'barely' I mean he really didn't want to call himself Goku's comrade when Beerus asked.

His answer was extremely wishy-washy.

I wouldn't mind Goku getting all the focus if he wasn't such a shit protagonist for example I don't mind Luffy getting all the focus in One Piece.

The problem with Vegeta now is that it contradicts his attitude at the end of the Buu Saga. He's supposed to have made peace with Goku being stronger than him, and now trains just to push his own limits. This is regression in a lot of ways.

EDIT: Wait, they retconned it?

That's kinda dumb, so he's learnt nothing then?
Why? Acknowledging someone is better than you doesn't mean you should stop trying to reach them and surpass them lol.

The point was that Vegeta finally gave Goku the respect he deserved, and acknowledged that Goku was the strongest.

It's not like "ok, shows over guys, I give up trying to win"

HardRojo

whoa, they are rushing the material, is there any info about how many episodes are planned to be dubbed for Latam right now before they start re running the show?

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll finish the Black arc and start the reruns, since it seems it wasn't too long ago that they were still recording some parts of it. It'd be weird if they started the reruns mid arc.

Fj0823

https://youtu.be/oTZ-fybNrXI

giphy.gif

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll finish the Black arc and start the reruns, since it seems it wasn't too long ago that they were still recording some parts of it. It'd be weird if they started the reruns mid arc.

About that...Remember when CN was doing Naruto?

"Hinata I sweared on your blood that I will defeat Neji!"

*Next Episode*

"Twelve years ago..."

Why? Acknowledging someone is better than you doesn't mean you should stop trying to reach them and surpass them lol.

The point was that Vegeta finally gave Goku the respect he deserved, and acknowledged that Goku was the strongest.

It's not like "ok, shows over guys, I give up trying to win"
Again, it isn’t Vegeta giving up, it’s Vegeta stepping back and going “I’m just gonna be the best fighter I can be, fuck what Kakarot is doing.”

HeroR

Again, it isn't Vegeta giving up, it's Vegeta stepping back and going ”I'm just gonna be the best fighter I can be, fuck what Kakarot is doing."

He did that at the beginning of Super when he asked Whis to train him. Goku followed him.

DragonTeam but Toei says the same thing:

qxWX50u.png

Thanks. The Funi dub did used stronger language, but the overall point was that Vegeta was being wishy-washy.

HeroR

But only because Whis said Vegeta could surpass Goku that way, not simply for getting stronger

He was interested in training with Whis the moment he learned he was Beerus' teacher. Surpassing Goku was icing.

Vegeta also says he wants to surpassed everyone, Goku, Beerus, and even Whis.

He was interested in training with Whis the moment he learned he was Beerus' teacher. Surpassing Goku was icing.

Vegeta also says he wants to surpassed everyone, Goku, Beerus, and even Whis.
Which is a retcon because he originally acknowledged that Goku was better BECAUSE he didn’t give a fuck and only fought for self-improvement and because he liked it

HeroR

Which is a retcon because he originally acknowledged that Goku was better BECAUSE he didn’t give a fuck and only fought for self-improvement and because he liked it

And? Vegeta wants to get stronger his own way and his way was to asked Whis. Goku himself does care, otherwise why would he care about surpassing Beerus and Goku himself said he wants to surpass everyone.

Slaythe

How Goku has KK, Gohan has Ultimate and now Kale has SSJ Berserker... No reason why Vegeta cant have something of his own whether its a full blown form or a technique enhancing his power.

It really isn't difficult to comprehend.

Vegeta can keep Super Saiyan Blue.

Ahahahahaha

kitzkozan

So my favorite character is back to being irrelevant.

It’s clear the writer just doesn’t like him and Vegeta is just here because of the fan base.

Just kill him off so I can watch the show with no expectations letting me down when they don’t get met. I love Goku, but the mindless, aimless, cliche shounen protagonist is just kinda boring at this point, especially since I get enough of it with Luffy in OP.

DBS is boiling down to “cool fights” for me, not in love with any of the arcs so far.

Goku will always be the most popular character of Dragon Ball. :p It's his story after all since he was the protagonist day -1. His "trademark" is that he's sort of an asperger syndrome dude who's supremely gifted at fighting. :p He's got to power up and break all the limits, it's his thing and people keep watching him do this shit 30+ years later. If the formula can work for 30+ years, why would you even think of changing it?

dlauv

I still think Jiren's power involves black holes/gravity and the spirit bomb singularity had something to do with that.
V16k8cg.jpg

Maybe in an attempt to disappear Goku he collapsed the SB and made it/Goku a singularity, unaware of what it would do to Goku's body.

I want to say that's too smart for Dragon Ball Super, but I also thought it suspicious when he let down his guard to glare at the spirit bomb, giving it the final push. I thought it was just an awkward display of badassery from the animation studio. And the visuals of Goku being consumed by the spirit bomb were odd, but that could be attributed to the transformation process.

HardRojo

Trunks' LatAm VA is slipping a little too much into a different voice for my liking...

It's a bit different for sure, but it's been 20 years so let's see how his performance goes during the next few episodes. Trunks' Japanese VA did an amazing job.

HeroR

There shouldn’t be any new spoilers for this week, correct, since most of the major magazines leaked. I know we won’t get anything from the manga until next week.

AdanVC

Is there some way to know how the ratings and overall hype of this weekend special went on Japan? Hope it did as great as overseas on the internetz with everyone going nuts and stuff.

Top Bottom