• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kevinroc

It's a bit different for sure, but it's been 20 years so let's see how his performance goes during the next few episodes. Trunks' Japanese VA did an amazing job.

Takeshi Kusao does both Kid Trunks and Future (or older) Trunks. He's been there right alongside the rest of the cast all this time. (He also did Lavenda of Universe 9.)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is there some way to know how the ratings and overall hype of this weekend special went on Japan? Hope it did as great as overseas on the internetz with everyone going nuts and stuff.
That information will be available in a couple days.

The special was incredible. I haven't been super in touch with the tournament but this definitely brought me back in. The transformation was awesome, insert song really made Ultra Instinct feel awesome. And we still have so many questions! Ugggh, great time to be a Dragon Ball fan.

I still think Goku and Jiren are advancing waaaay too far too fast, but Jiren's situation is less so stupid because he could possibly have gotten a boost from his GoD. Despite this, whatever, it's not the worst thing in the world, but the upcoming focus on U6 has me sour.

LordOfChaos

I still think Goku and Jiren are advancing waaaay too far too fast, but Jiren's situation is less so stupid because he could possibly have gotten a boost from his GoD. Despite this, whatever, it's not the worst thing in the world, but the upcoming focus on U6 has me sour.

Belmod could have been training Jiren for a very long time, especially if Jirens species lives a long time. I hope they detail some of how he got there eventually.

I bet it's

One-Punch-Man-Workout.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
So my favorite character is back to being irrelevant.

It’s clear the writer just doesn’t like him and Vegeta is just here because of the fan base.

Just kill him off so I can watch the show with no expectations letting me down when they don’t get met. I love Goku, but the mindless, aimless, cliche shounen protagonist is just kinda boring at this point, especially since I get enough of it with Luffy in OP.

DBS is boiling down to “cool fights” for me, not in love with any of the arcs so far.

I swear it's always something with y'all...

Doesn't even make much sense to me, since Vegeta has always been behind. Even before this, he didn't have Kaio-ken anyhow. Really just don't get the melodramatic tone here.

Also the Luffy slander must stop D:

Belmod could have been training Jiren for a very long time, especially if Jirens species lives a long time. I hope they detail some of how he got there eventually.

I bet it's

One-Punch-Man-Workout.jpg

That's true, but even among species with long lifespans I don't think it would matter because other GoDs have, at least I bet, dudes who live long as hell and were surprised at the output of power. So it has to take more than just training with a GoD.

Must be training with poachers.

Tsunamo

I've watched the episode like 5 times now and I swear I didn't notice it was them lol. They should've been revealed by now tbh, don't know what the holdup is.
Yeah it's really odd. I almost expect them to casually pop up in another episode as though they had been introduced properly prior.
When does VJump usually leaks?
This or next week I believe. I seem to recall it usually being around the 15th or 17th.

Skeeter49

Honestly I just think its Kale's Berserk form making another appearance and the title is just extra hyperbole.
I just hope it's not
uncontrolled Berserk.
I like 101 a lot, unless she's being possessed, don't fuck up her development. Especially since it takes away from Califla's development.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Depends how they handle it cause Goku
doesn't have the stamina to go SSJ at this point.

Morlas

hit to strike caulifla in the back where she focuses her energy for super saiyan and flood his ki with it turning her into super saiyan purple....and hit bequeaths his jacket to her and she wears it the rest of the tournament.

Mory Dunz

It's a bit different for sure, but it's been 20 years so let's see how his performance goes during the next few episodes. Trunks' Japanese VA did an amazing job.

I'm worried about Trunks's english dub voice....it's become a gargled mess the past decade.

This arc will be unbearable if he's that bad

I just hope it's not
uncontrolled Berserk.
I like 101 a lot, unless she's being possessed, don't fuck up her development. Especially since it takes away from Califla's development.

I won't be shocked if it happens. If from descriptions its because Goku's basically kicking her ass and she's again in self doubt and transforms into her berserk state you should also be prepared as it also doubles as an extra opportunity for Goku to show if he can make use of his Ultra Instinct combat moves in his lesser states and continue to overwhelm her.

Think about it. Would Goku be overwhelmed by this berserker again after she's already had her moment?

The toy pretty much rules that out. There's no reason they'd hide Kale's appearance.

If the toy is still too early to show they'd hide it. Assuming that it is her, of course.

HardRojo

Yeah it's really odd. I almost expect them to casually pop up in another episode as though they had been introduced properly prior.
You'd think Namekians from U6 would be a bigger deal this far into the ToP.
I'm worried about Trunks's english dub voice....it's become a gargled mess the past decade.

This arc will be unbearable if he's that bad

Was it a different person in Kai or did they simply do a worse job?

M.D

I'm gonna quote my self again regrading

Speaking of all the foreshadowing in this arc..

Remember the conversation after Kale and Caulifla beat the Pride Troopers and Goku let them leave?

Caulifla: Are you really okay just letting us go like this?
Goku: I could tell seein' you before. Both of you are gonna get even stronger.
Our real fight will be then!
Caulifla: Don't blame me for what happens!

Some shit is gonna go down

HardRojo

Where do we go with Vegeta from here?

I hope it isn't a me too power up. But Vegeta needs some serious love during this Tournament.

For some reason I've been thinking for a good while now that Vegeta will be either Beerus' sucessor or at least have Whis exclusively train him with that in mind, though Whis' excitement during Goku's UI state in the special kind of says otherwise now...

Who made the decision to have goku sound like a child? I'm having a really hard time watching with subs cause of the main character having such a strange VA. It sounds so weird coming from his character.

Jeffrey

I do hope this new form hints at newer fight choreography for the series. Never thought I'd be seeing some taichi looking moves post db.

Shame it went back to energy spam and the classic 2 frames of punching back and forward while moving quickly around the area lol.

Fight directing for this series must be so easy! The playbook is only like 4 options!

*2-3 frames of trading blows quickly.
* volleyball spikes launchers.
*beam clash.
* machine gun ki blasts.

Who made the decision to have goku sound like a child? I'm having a really hard time watching with subs cause of the main character having such a strange VA. It sounds so weird coming from his character.

It's a shame because the same VA delivers serious Goku voice perfectly.

sturmdogg

I'm gonna quote my self again regrading

Some shit is gonna go down

Personally my gut says they'll look out for Goku. No sense going after U7 after what they saw with the fight against Jiren, they'll want to get training from him and Vegeta to get stronger.

Don’t worry geets will get his time and form soon enough

And than surpassed by goku two episodes later but nonetheless it’s coming!! Believe
Lol let’s hope...

But I just think I’ve grown out of love with series. Seeing Goku do the same things with different colors is kinda meh. Would like something more emotional to happen for a change, but if ratings are strong with this direction I’m screwed.

We need to give props for the amazing delivery of the line from goku when he said "Where are you going?" to Jiren. That shit sends chills down the spine.

I swear it's always something with y'all...

Doesn't even make much sense to me, since Vegeta has always been behind. Even before this, he didn't have Kaio-ken anyhow. Really just don't get the melodramatic tone here.

Also the Luffy slander must stop D:
Vegeta is way behind...and it just doesn’t seem atm...he’s really involved in this arc at all when it was very rivalry based at first. Of course Goku gonna be stronger, I just thought he would have a stronger presence with how DBS started. Could just be a matter of time though who knows.

And Luffy is usually funny, but sometimes annoying, as is the shounen protagonist trope really, it’s getting old and if I’m not the only one voicing it, maybe there’s some weight to that opinion...

Top Bottom