• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Vegeta needs more than just "me too". At this point he's just boring because Toriyama's run out of things to do with him.
Ultra Instinct is like a top tier technique that completely changes someone's fighting abilities and how matchups will work, for the other fighters to keep up they kinda need to get it.
I don't feel like they are running out of ideas for Vegeta, he' settled into a secondary main character role and is continuing to become more of a family man, feels to me like his development still isn't done.
Wonder when Tate will finally be shuffled onto an anime that suits his style because it sucks ass here.
hREYQTs.png

That's kinda dumb, so he's learnt nothing then?

He basically just accepted that Goku is stronger than him, but he still wants to be the strongest, but not to the point that it completely takes over his life, so we get things like him taking a break from training because Bulma was pregnant.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lol let’s hope...

But I just think I’ve grown out of love with series. Seeing Goku do the same things with different colors is kinda meh. Would like something more emotional to happen for a change, but if ratings are strong with this direction I’m screwed.
It would be a lot easier to swallow if they actually focused on some build-up for once.

Jeffrey

Gimme less new forms, more new moves. Goku get any notable new move since instant transmission?

There was the dragon punch in the movie!

Chinner

Banned
I do hope this new form hints at newer fight choreography for the series. Never thought I'd be seeing some taichi looking moves post db.

Shame it went back to energy spam and the classic 2 frames of punching back and forward while moving quickly around the area lol.

Fight directing for this series must be so easy! The playbook is only like 4 options!

*2-3 frames of trading blows quickly.
* volleyball spikes launchers.
*beam clash.
* machine gun ki blasts.

the combat in 109 was pretty solid - even if it only lasted 2 minutes

They got stronger doing literally jack shit.

Nice.
Oh, you already saw the episode?
It would be a lot easier to swallow if they actually focused on some build-up for once.

We'll Ultra Instinct is something established all the way back in F, and it's kinda hard to do specific build up for Goku unlocking it like he did when the point was that everyone was confused as to what happened, not even Goku knew what was going on.

Code:
[IMG]https://img00.deviantart.net/97c4/i/2017/238/6/5/bardock_new_form___xenoverse_by_sennin_gl_54-dblea4r.png[/IMG]

It's happening guys

Alec

Personally my gut says they'll look out for Goku. No sense going after U7 after what they saw with the fight against Jiren, they'll want to get training from him and Vegeta to get stronger.
I wonder if, when there are people from U6 and U7 left when the time runs out, U6 just says "Hey, use your wish to wish us back, k?" and jumps off the side.

Then Frieza snipes the wish out from under whoever called the Dragon and Whis rewinds time to un-do his shit-fuckery once again, calling back to RoF.

Kusagari

I'm starting to think Jiren never actually loses but U7 wins because they have Goku and someone else left while U11 only has Jiren.

LotusHD

Banned
Vegeta is way behind...and it just doesn’t seem atm...he’s really involved in this arc at all when it was very rivalry based at first. Of course Goku gonna be stronger, I just thought he would have a stronger presence with how DBS started. Could just be a matter of time though who knows

I just don't know what to tell you, since he's always been behind, so suddenly coming to the realization that he's "irrelevant" (Which is kind of funny, because if he's irrelevant, imagine everyone else in the main cast...) just strikes me as odd. Not to mention Goku literally just achieved the form. You want Vegeta to unlock it the very next episode or something?

Even then, the cycle will continue with Goku surpassing him yet again, none of this is new lol

And Luffy is usually funny, but sometimes annoying, as is the shounen protagonist trope really, it’s getting old and if I’m not the only one voicing it, maybe there’s some weight to that opinion...

Nah, I don't really hear it that often, just felt like saying that lol

Even after one of the most hype episodes of Super so far, people still cant help asking about MY CHARACTER

Never change DBGAF

Lol

NeonZ

Who made the decision to have goku sound like a child? I'm having a really hard time watching with subs cause of the main character having such a strange VA. It sounds so weird coming from his character.

So? Children grow up.

The character started as a child and due to the show running for years already they didn't change his VA when he first appeared visibly older (in the 23rd Budokai). This is actually fairly common. Naruto also didn't change his VA for example.

Most characters that go through a VA change during a timeskip didn't have long runs as the main protagonist beforehand, or the timeskip happened after a long break, rather than during a continuous run.

Even after one of the most hype episodes of Super so far, people still cant help asking about MY CHARACTER

Never change DBGAF
I’ve watched Goku beat his master as a child

Go SS after krilin died

Go SS3 just because he’s a bad ass

Maybe just maybe...this episode wasn’t that hype to everyone lol...

I mean, SSB looks pretty fugly tbh.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm starting to think Jiren never actually loses but U7 wins because they have Goku and someone else left while U11 only has Jiren.

This would be pretty cool as an ending. The tournament does seem to be set up in a way that allows it to end without Goku needing to beat Jiren.

I just don't know what to tell you, since he's always been behind, so suddenly coming to the realization that he's "irrelevant" (Which is kind of funny, because if he's irrelevant, imagine everyone else in the main cast...) just strikes me as odd. Not to mention Goku literally just achieved the form. You want Vegeta to unlock it the very next episode or something?

Even then, the cycle will continue with Goku surpassing him yet again, none of this is new lol

Nah, I don't really hear it that often, just felt like saying that lol

Lol
theres nothing to tell me. It’s just a discussion about DBS and people are talking about what they like/don’t like.

Not everyone has to share the same viewpoints.

@Above me, yeah Jiren might not get beat, he seems to be on Beerus level already, not sure anyone can match him yet without training.

Here is a dumb question, if the Androids have a never ending supply of energy, couldn't they have just perptually fed that into the Spirit Bomb to make it strong enough to beat Jiren?

caliph95

Here is a dumb question, if the Androids have a never ending supply of energy, couldn't they have just perptually fed that into the Spirit Bomb to make it strong enough to beat Jiren?
Wouldn't make a difference Jiren could still push it probably

Besides it takes Genki which is life energy which is different from the ki they normally use for battle and it just gives them unlimited stamina

Gimme less new forms, more new moves. Goku get any notable new move since instant transmission?

There was the dragon punch in the movie!

Yes, Ultra Instinct. Not just because Goku has a new form, it still doesn't change the fact that Goku has a new kind of power/ability/technique to go along with it. Sure, it's an amazing looking new form, but I think the form and ultra instinct are not guaranteed one and the same. I think they are two independent things that just so happened to awaken simultaneously.

Jeffrey

Yes, Ultra Instinct. Not just because Goku has a new form, it still doesn't change the fact that Goku has a new kind of power/ability/technique to go along with it. Sure, it's an amazing looking new form, but I think the form and ultra instinct are not guaranteed one and the same. I think they are two independent things that just so happened to awaken simultaneously.

We all know he's just gonna incorporate it into a super saiyan form lol.

Lgndryhr

I feel like we will see Ultra Instinct Goku one more time during the tournament. I also don't think anyone will defeat Jiren. I do forsee Kale exploding again. Not sure if any of this is in episode spoilers or not. Stopped reading them for this arc.

This would be pretty cool as an ending. The tournament does seem to be set up in a way that allows it to end without Goku needing to beat Jiren.
Final minute left, Jiren is the last on his team, Frieza just took down Topps and Dipshit and whispered to Gohan before getting eliminated. Jiren goes apeshit eliminating everyone, it's now become a desperate struggle to survive Jiren. Geets leads final charge with U6 saiyans to buy time for Goku to use UI again.

They go down fast, Gohan hasn't moved yet, Frieza said some shit about his family, he goes Ultimate Rage(Trunks callback) and gets the living shit kicked out of him by Jiren but refuses to stay down. Goku gets UI again, Jiren is about to take them both out at the same time but the tournament ends, U7 wins.

Frieza gets MVP for his efforts, Jiren stays strong.

Daingurse

That's what came to mind but I hope that isn't the case. Wouldn't that mean we world rarely see the form used?

I got no idea. Maybe Goku can acclimate himself to this state? Whis' comment just made me think that something significant was occurring to his body. Him giving off too much heat kinda reminded me of Luffy's Gear Second, which was said to have an impact on the user's lifespan. Goku might be overclocking his body to such an extent with this technique, that the side-effects far exceed the consequences of say, the Kaio-Ken. There is something deadly about this state for Goku right now. Whis just sounded too concerned for me to think otherwise.

Assuming we do see the shida cut in the OP incorporated into the show (which I think is a fair assumption to make), I think it can be surmised that UI is separate from that new form, as we see Goku fighting Jiren pretty equally as SSB in that cut before transitioning to his other form. Dunno how that would be possible unless he is using UI as SSB

HeroR

I’ve watched Goku beat his master as a child

Go SS after krilin died

Go SS3 just because he’s a bad ass

Maybe just maybe...this episode wasn’t that hype to everyone lol...

I mean, SSB looks pretty fugly tbh.

How dare the main character get the best stuff!

Boss X

Banned
I just don't know what to tell you, since he's always been behind, so suddenly coming to the realization that he's "irrelevant" (Which is kind of funny, because if he's irrelevant, imagine everyone else in the main cast...) just strikes me as odd. Not to mention Goku literally just achieved the form. You want Vegeta to unlock it the very next episode or something?Even then, the cycle will continue with Goku surpassing him yet again, none of this is new lolNah, I don't really hear it that often, just felt like saying that lolLol

Why not?

Top Bottom