• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Morlas

giphy.gif

Even when he's probably about to do something nice, Frieza still looks evil as fuck.

because frieza is evil as fuck....he's had some amazing faces this arc

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Final minute left, Jiren is the last on his team, Frieza just took down Topps and Dipshit and whispered to Gohan before getting eliminated. Jiren goes apeshit eliminating everyone, it's now become a desperate struggle to survive Jiren. Geets leads final charge with U6 saiyans to buy time for Goku to use UI again.

They go down fast, Gohan hasn't moved yet, Frieza said some shit about his family, he goes Ultimate Rage(Trunks callback) and gets the living shit kicked out of him by Jiren but refuses to stay down. Goku gets UI again, Jiren is about to take them both out at the same time but the tournament ends, U7 wins.

Frieza gets MVP for his efforts, Jiren stays strong.
I want this to happen.

Kind of a shame Jiren doesn't talk more. I like his voice.

They should get the guy who did Lordgenome in Gurren Lagann to be his dub voice. Or the bad guy in tales of Xillia.

Angles got it.
So Beerus learned quite a bit from Whis.
Reason I ask is because Jiren put an end to GOKU's lil UI rampage as seen here

Nah Jiren only was able to do that because Goku's UI went away when Goku was punching at the very end. If Goku's UI didn't wear off Jiren would have taken a lot of damage.

As Goku is flying at Jiren...
2845ae2722cf5b498a43a31a3a5a096c.jpg

And the few frames before the punch lands...
d743a58c2fe06c4d5a9daa5413e7ca56.png

He was about to do some serious damage to Jiren.

HardRojo

What does it have to do with Gohan?

Gohan planned to evolve differently from his father by not using the Super Saiyan form, and UI seems like something along those lines, only that Goku's attaining it so now I wonder what Gohan could get in order to keep his promise of evolving differently.

Morlas

Nah Jiren only was able to do that because Goku's UI went away when Goku was punching at the very end. If Goku's UI didn't wear off Jiren would have taken a lot of damage.

his aura and eyes were still active when he made contact though

tumblr_oxhsz0mExb1wnvmjgo1_1280.png

one girlfriend sheltering the other

Kaioken: Nappa flattened, Vegeta shook to the point he goes bananas

SSJ1: Frieza is beaten badly, still holds a grudge from this ass whooping

SSJ2: Cell instantly realized he fucked up, decides to blow himself up

SSJ3: Beats the shit out of Fat Buu, Babidi tries to no sell it but is clearly shook

SSG: Beerus humors Goku and God gets a good showing, God looks strong.

SSB: Frieza puts up a good fight but gasses out, Vegeta beats his ass, dies again.

SSBKK: Breaks Hit's timeskip, solid even looking fight, ends premature but Goku likely would've gassed out

UI: Jiren could not find within him a single fuck to give, dodges Goku's first attack. Goku gasses out, Jiren says saiyans are interesting.

Gohan planned to evolve differently from his father by not using the Super Saiyan form, and UI seems like something along those lines, only that Goku's attaining it so now I wonder what Gohan could get in order to keep his promise of evolving differently.
He'll probably just build on the ultimate form.

caliph95

Jiren probably recognized he was running on fumes since he didn't feel the need to power up until when he ran out to blow him away

kitzkozan

How dare the main character get the best stuff!

The formula COMPLETELY WORK when it's well done, as shown by the reaction of the fanbase at large. People are hyped for Dragon Ball in 2017? Yup, they will be if a formula which has proven to be successful through history is still executed well despite there being other popular shonen out there.

We should look at wrestling booking 101 for example, as a promotion is seeing success when they book their top babyface well. It's happening right now in NJPW with Okada being the champion and top draw. They are also working on long term plans with their babyface #2 and 3 to give him an eventual shot at carrying the main belt (but they are portrayed as being a level below the #1). Since it's wrestling, the babyface work in the context of him facing heels so the antagonists must be booked just as strongly in order for people wanting to root for the babyface to win.

If Goku is the top babyface and draw of Dragon Ball, he needs proper booking which will put him over to maximize his drawing potential. Throughout Dragon Ball, his trademark is being this autistic like martial artist who always surpass his limits and beat an ultra powered foe. You have jobbers and babyfaces #2 and 3 surrounding him who will eventually job to the ultra powered foe in question, until people are bursting with anticipation when Goku beat them.

Jiren has the personality of a door knob so far, but he's been put over has an absolute monster. He knocked Kale out of her berserker form in one shot, so the "jobber" did good business in putting him over as the top dog of the tournament. Everybody knew Goku wasn't at his level, but his main trademark is that he will always surpass his limits and pull something out of his ass so fans just want to see when and how he will beat Jiren. :p

Funny thing about Goku is I like him just fine in Dragonball, it's the Z version and onwards I think is shit, Luffy is pretty much Goku done perfectly

Morlas

They overcompensated on goofy Goku the first couple of arcs but I think they've struck a good balance for this arc people are probably just annoyed at him getting so much focus....which is true

Assuming we do see the shida cut in the OP incorporated into the show (which I think is a fair assumption to make), I think it can be surmised that UI is separate from that new form, as we see Goku fighting Jiren pretty equally as SSB in that cut before transitioning to his other form. Dunno how that would be possible unless he is using UI as SSB

Or they just redraw Goku to be in UI like they did with the bit they reused in 110.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

SSJ3: Beats the shit out of Fat Buu, Babidi tries to no sell it but is clearly shook

SSB: Frieza puts up a good fight but gasses out, Vegeta beats his ass, dies again.

SSBKK: Breaks Hit's timeskip, solid even looking fight, ends premature but Goku likely would've gassed out

UI: Jiren could not find within him a single fuck to give, dodges Goku's first attack. Goku gasses out, Jiren says saiyans are interesting.
Lmao I love when you get to the last one

kitzkozan

Funny thing about Goku is I like him just fine in Dragonball, it's the Z version and onwards I think is shit, Luffy is pretty much Goku done perfectly

Toriyama is not a good writer, he's incredibly sloppy lol. In trying to give his main character flaws, he picked super weird ones which make no sense. As a result, the closest human being I've seen which can make me think of Goku is a co-worker of mine who suffer from asperger syndrome. By pure luck, you actually have human beings who act somewhat closely to Goku and they suffer from autism. :p

caliph95

Assuming we do see the shida cut in the OP incorporated into the show (which I think is a fair assumption to make), I think it can be surmised that UI is separate from that new form, as we see Goku fighting Jiren pretty equally as SSB in that cut before transitioning to his other form. Dunno how that would be possible unless he is using UI as SSB
Jiren was still holding back against Blue seeing as he wrecked kaioken x20

Also yeah the form is probably separate since even with Self movement it wouldn't allow him to keep up with Jiren who would only take a step for blue unless he can see the future

caliph95

Lol

So when goku attained UI he did this
HGZfwY

But in the opening he got it this way
MFvtRRw.gif

When the opening was done earlier in the year its likely they hadn't quite settled on a 'look' by that time. So it is possible that the opening could be updated again like when they added Freeza.

Just need more and better martial developments in parallel---since they are going to the Wuxia well(Universe Level is pretty much 100% Cultivation with some serial numbers filed off by and large, as is Goku's new form) on this series more than ever, looking to how the Condor Hero anime handled at least that aspect would serve them pretty well.

Pics_nao

Gohan Blanco?

Mory Dunz

ugh no. Buu/Cell Saga Goku is best Goku.

In all the one Piece I watched, I couldn't be forced to care about Luffy as a character.....or one piece.

Top Bottom