• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Also, since telepathic chats with folks waiting in the wings is apparently fine and dandy---somebody needs to link Roshi up to Goku so he can finally explain that new technique or so he was going to teach him as now would be a good time for it.

ugh no. Buu/Cell Saga Goku is best Goku.

In all the one Piece I watched, I couldn't be forced to care about Luffy as a character.....or one piece.
Buu and Cell arc Goku is as shit as he's ever been, I suppose the main reason Luffy is the better character though is that Oda is a better writer than Toriyama

RocknRola

He wasn't getting stronger he was getting more precise from continuously adapting

But sure

Yeah I took that reference a bit more what was said during the BoG's movie AND arc, in that it's a new Power/Ability and the more he fights in it, the more he can control it and the more power of it he can use, not so much that his power is constantly increasing. Given enough time he will hit a limit with that form, like with all previous forms.

Hit feels more like he increases his entire base strenght when needed.

Dj Convoy

For me, the transformation and fight* lived up to the hype, and the fallout (Hit moving to attack at the right time, to no avail) and super double mega sinister Frieza at the end (presumably he will give Goku energy as Goku gave him before the end on Namek) was excellent. I really enjoyed it.

Yes, yes, hopefully Vegeta and Gohan get their own deals since Goku apparently learned (?) a new form, but really... DragonBall has been around with Goku as the lead for a long, long time. Toriyama tried to phase out Goku; it didn't take. He's the main character, likable or not. I think some of you would definitely benefit from kind of accepting that and relaxing a bit. Doesn't mean you can't be sad or annoyed when YOUR CHARACTER isn't the focus, but c'mon... it's just the reality. Goku's main goal is always to exceed his own limits, and sometimes, that's done in spectacular fashion.

Still unsure what the endgame is, here... petitioning the Xenos to bring back the universes? Wishing them back? Merging them all into one? Grand Priest is revealed as a manipulator? I dunno.

Whatever, as long as the Egyptian clown god eats it, I'll probably be happy. Very much looking forward to Hit vs Jiren.

*and Goku's weird, new fighting style in that state

I'm just sitting here at work playing those two episodes in my head again. That really was the dream. Those episodes exceeded all expectations I had going in. I'm just happy I got to experience that.

LotusHD

Banned
For me, the transformation and fight* lived up to the hype, and the fallout (Hit moving to attack at the right time, to no avail) and super double mega sinister Frieza at the end (presumably he will give Goku energy as Goku gave him before the end on Namek) was excellent. I really enjoyed it.

Yes, yes, hopefully Vegeta and Gohan get their own deals since Goku apparently learned (?) a new form, but really... DragonBall has been around with Goku as the lead for a long, long time. Toriyama tried to phase out Goku; it didn't take. He's the main character, likable or not. I think some of you would definitely benefit from kind of accepting that and relaxing a bit. Doesn't mean you can't be sad or annoyed when YOUR CHARACTER isn't the focus, but c'mon... it's just the reality. Goku's main goal is always to exceed his own limits, and sometimes, that's done in spectacular fashion.

Still unsure what the endgame is, here... petitioning the Xenos to bring back the universes? Wishing them back? Merging them all into one? Grand Priest is revealed as a manipulator? I dunno.

Whatever, as long as the Egyptian clown god eats it, I'll probably be happy. Very much looking forward to Hit vs Jiren.

*and Goku's weird, new fighting style in that state

Why lol

Khansolo1

Yeah I took that reference a bit more what was said during the BoG's movie AND arc, in that it's a new Power/Ability and the more he fights in it, the more he can control it and the more power of it he can use, not so much that his power is constantly increasing. Given enough time he will hit a limit with that form, like with all previous forms.

Hit feels more like he increases his entire base strenght when needed.
Oh I understand. One thing I don’t understand though is whis said that vegeta had to master self movement while goku had to stop letting his guard down. It’s seems goku learned self movement first.

Who are the gods that have mastered UI?

The ones that didn't appear the least bit bothered by Goku possibly possessing it.

The gods of destruction from the universes not participating, all seemed pretty unbothered. All other gods of destruction looked pretty damn disturbed and sounded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHuKJQ6N1Lo

MaStar is dead on about going back to when Whis said that Goku and Vegeta needed to increase the power of their base forms, as opposed to just relying on Super Saiyan. This is why Goku's new form, which likely isn't the full transformation, looks like Goku's base, because it was. It's Goku's base now that Goku has tapped into the hidden potential that allows him to reach the next level in power, the level that apparently the Gods of Destruction and Angels are at. And we didn't see anywhere close to the full power of the form because Goku was only being powered by the power of the spirit bomb. That's nowhere close to him activating this form when he has adequate power reserves and stamina, which will trigger something far crazier than what we all just witnessed.

Oh I understand. One thing I don't understand though is whis said that vegeta had to master self movement while goku had to stop letting his guard down. It's seems goku learned self movement first.

He said BOTH Goku and Vegeta needed to learn self movement. He just pointed out what he felt were the major flaws in their further development. One being Goku's tendency to relax too much and get so overconfident that he lets his guard down. With Vegeta, he's always walking around with a chip on his shoulders, never taking the time to rest and relax when he can afford to do so, and because of it he's always one step behind Goku.

And that Heat is indeed pretty mysterious. I think it has some type of connection to whatever the fully transformed state will look like.

"Sum up Dragonball in one picture"

DLuMHUQUEAAlKRl.jpg

Skii

Apparently wanting character development is ridiculous because Goku... lol.

Even after one of the most hype episodes of Super so far, people still cant help asking about MY CHARACTER

Never change DBGAF

Feel like constructive criticism pertaining the repercussions of the episode is a bit different from just pure shit-posting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Apparently wanting character development is ridiculous because Goku... lol.

Feel like constructive criticism pertaining the repercussions of the episode is a bit different from just pure shit-posting.
Which is funny because Goku has character development in the original series.

Mory Dunz

actually I don't really mind any Z goku now that I think more about it.
But I remember really liking Goku's speech to Vegeta to get him to fuse (in the Dub). Compare that with how they fused in Super and it's like eh.

And I liked the whole plan Goku concocted for Gohan to save the world. Showed some foresight.
Those Sagas had a few more standout moments from Goku that I enjoyed. So that's why I rated them the best.

Super Goku can be too silly for me at times.

Skii

Which is funny because Goku has character development in the original series.

I just can't comprehend how much of a fanboy you have to be to completely glaze over any faults of Super because you feel like its a personal attack on Goku lol. And this is coming from someone who's favourite characters are Gohan and Goku.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The villain from last time teaming up and helping against the new thing trope has been done to death in dragon ball but I dunno Hit's ability is interesting enough to put up against others that I'd like to see it.

Jiren sucks.

Dj Convoy

I like her tho, she's actually the only U2 character whose love shtick doesn't annoy me, even though she does it nearly as much as Ribrianne lol

It took me a long time to warm up to Beerus and MAYBE Champa... the rest of them can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned.

But especially the clown dude. A poor universe, that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hit has the most broken power in dragon ball, of course he's going to put at least some work in on the next episode.

Also I want to say the writers were very smart at leading up to goku unlocking his new form. Remember back when frieza used the death gods energy on goku and told him he better learn to handle it/not be consumed :D

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hit has the most broken power in dragon ball, of course he's going to put at least some work in on the next episode.

Also I want to say the writers were very smart at leading up to goku unlocking his new form. Remember back when frieza used the death gods energy on goku and told him he better learn to handle it :D

The destruction energy is something I thought would be involved with the form, maybe being the thing itself. But as of now if it refers to the "heat" it'd be weird because Whis should be able to recognize that at least. Unless Goku did some weird mixing shit.

Hopefully it'll be the case, but I wonder what they plan to give to Gohan now.

Go-who?

Oh, the "leader" of Universe 7. Right right. Yeah, lets face it, he isn't getting shit, at least not in the tournament arc. I think if they were going to deliver on the "new form nobody has seen before" than it'd be before the main characters big reveal, not after where it could detract from the upcoming spectacle that's Goku V Jiren.

Unless they plan to have Gohan play a major part in the tournaments ending - but I doubt that.

If you really think about it, Goku mastering that makes sense. You could almost say it's buried deep within a Saiyan's genetic code if they ever reach that level.

Saiyan Power[1], known to the fandom as Zenkai (全開 lit. "Full Release" or "Full Throttle"), is a Saiyan genetic trait that allows their combat prowess to continually increase as they fight. This is done by the Saiyan instinctively imprinting on new experiences to lessen the chances of same injury happening again and likewise dramatically increasing their raw might after recovering from injuries.

What we just witnessed might have been the ultimate type of Zenkai boost after experiencing someone with Jiren's level of power, and after sustaining the full force of an attack like the genki dama. Just imagine how much better Goku's going to be once he fully heals up from his encounter with Jiren?

Dj Convoy

I was initially annoyed or at least felt it to be a bit unoriginal that there were gods beyond the stable of gods DB had already established (like, there's already Kami, King Kai and the others, and then the Kaio-shins; isn't that enough?)... been there and done that... but Beerus was charming enough, and the blockheadedness of Champa is amusing enough.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Go-who?

Oh, the "leader" of Universe 7. Right right. Yeah, lets face it, he isn't getting shit, at least not in the tournament arc. I think if they were going to deliver on the "new form nobody has seen before" than it'd be before the main characters big reveal, not after where it could detract from the upcoming spectacle that's Goku V Jiren.

Unless they plan to have Gohan play a major part in the tournaments ending - but I doubt that.
He's featured alongside Goku in an upcoming figure set promoting the climax of the arc so...

And his words from 90 refer to improving his current Ultimate form. He doesn't need anything else.

AdanVC

Was walking at the mall and then I saw this random electronic shop with an employee there watching the 109 episode of Super on the huge screen they use to promote the shop lol. I got inside the store just for that. I gave a random look and then I told the guy "That episode was fucking insane isn't it??" and he said "It sure did I've already watch it like 10 times now" then I stayed next to him watching it for like 10 seconds until his phone rang, I just smiled and walked away. It's so damn cool to see this amount of hype towards dragon ball in such random places like this :')

giphy.gif

Even when he's probably about to do something nice, Frieza still looks evil as fuck.

He actually looks more evil/badass here than in the entire RoF arc/movie, hahah.

Top Bottom