• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The destruction energy is something I thought would be involved with the form, maybe being the thing itself. But as of now if it refers to the "heat" it'd be weird because Whis should be able to recognize that at least. Unless Goku did some weird mixing shit.

Yeah them talking about heat is weird my japanese is non existant so was that a proper translation? Like were they using it in the sense that goku was overheating his body killing himself or was it used in the sense that it was a power type for mortals since I believe jiren brings it up as well

LaNaranja

Go-who?

Oh, the "leader" of Universe 7. Right right. Yeah, lets face it, he isn't getting shit, at least not in the tournament arc. I think if they were going to deliver on the "new form nobody has seen before" than it'd be before the main characters big reveal, not after where it could detract from the upcoming spectacle that's Goku V Jiren.

Unless they plan to have Gohan play a major part in the tournaments ending - but I doubt that.

We aren't even half way through the tournament yet. I have doubts that the climax will be as simple as "Goku vs Jiren round 2."

Astral Dog

If you really think about it, Goku mastering that makes sense. You could almost say it's buried deep within a Saiyan's genetic code if they ever reach that level.

What we just witnessed might have been the ultimate type of Zenkai boost after experiencing someone with Jiren's level of power, and after sustaining the full force of an attack like the genki dama. Just imagine how much better Goku's going to be once he fully heals up from his encounter with Jiren?

Saiyans are scary, Frieza was right all along

I thought Whis was just pointing out that Goku was expending a lot of energy in that form so it wasn't going to last long. Admittedly I've only watched the scene once so I could have missed some subtext.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm glad they went over the fact that the winner gets wishes again this episode. This thing has been going on so long my friends forgot that was the prize.

Wonder if the heat is a reference of any kind to the fact that Goku may be drawing on some pretty powerful energy from a particular source?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also I want ui Goku to just be what he was now base Goku has always looked the best and ui Goku is a small tweak to that with slightly more wild hair. I don't want this to be something he adds to the super saiyan fruiti tuti rainbow let that be vegeta's gimmick of expanding the saiyan power ups

Edit: damn I made myself want icecream

Skeeter49

Also I want ui Goku to just be what he was now base Goku has always looked the best and ui Goku is a small tweak to that with slightly more wild hair. I don't want this to be something he adds to the super saiyan fruiti tuti rainbow let that be vegeta's gimmick of expanding the saiyan power ups
Yeah, base like Goku is great.

What we just witnessed might have been the ultimate type of Zenkai boost after experiencing someone with Jiren's level of power, and after sustaining the full force of an attack like the genki dama. Just imagine how much better Goku's going to be once he fully heals up from his encounter with Jiren?

This actually makes a lot of sense. We know that Saiyans get stronger from difficult battles and near-death experiences, and Goku just survived one of the biggest ass-kickings he's ever received from a dude who was way more powerful than him. He probably saw a fucking massive boost from that.

Edit: damn I made myself want icecream

I hope UI Goku is like Ultimate Gohan, where it's just that and he just levels it up. It looks pretty much perfect the way it is.

Morlas

Yeah I'm guessing hit will land an attack that takes Jiren out of the fight for 15 minutes or something so Toppo and Dyspo will play keep away with him for that time

Also the shot where goku throws toppo and dyspo is under appreciated I feel can someone post it?

Lynd7

Been catching up, I dunno about this arc it feels kinda boring. It feels like its dragging on without much point to it besides fighting. I keep waiting for the penny to drop and something happens to change the focus and interrupt the tournament.

caliph95

Do not question me Caliph!
giphy.gif

How many times did we see her armpit

Have they mentioned that someone who kills someone gets erased? I thought they just got disqualified.

it's not mentioned anywhere, i just figured erased since they erased Frost

but thinking to 110 it didn't seem like Zeno planned to erase Jiren even if they decided he was the one who killed Goku, so probably just disqualified yeah

it's not mentioned anywhere, i just figured erased since they erased Frost

but thinking to 110 it didn't seem like Zeno planned to erase Jiren even if they decided he was the one who killed Goku, so probably just disqualified yeah

I think the only reason Frost got erased is because he tried to attack from the stands.

Jmille99

Hmmm what if hit sacrifices himself by trying to kill jiren? Would that mean only hit would be erased or entire u6?

Only the best characters blow themselves up. If Hit does that, he joins the ranks of Cell, Vegeta and Chiaotzu.

I apologize if this has come up, but the comment from Krillin about using the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan changing him (I forget the exact wording)...was that something mentioned previously? I dont recall that reasoning.

LogicStep

Only the best characters blow themselves up. If Hit does that, he joins the ranks of Cell, Vegeta and Chiaotzu.

I apologize if this has come up, but the comment from Krillin about using the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan changing him (I forget the exact wording)...was that something mentioned previously? I dont recall that reasoning.
Never heard of that before. He said he can't use spirit bomb as a ss because of the maliciousness that creeps inside of him in that form. I'm guessing ss draws from anger and rage, you know, Saiyan staples.

NeonZ

It was from movie 7 (the Android 13 one). Kuririn himself actually had almost identical lines there about that.

Kevinroc

Movie 7 has some things going for it.

Android 13 has a trucker hat.

And Goku gets punched in the nuts.

The abridged version from TFS wasn't bad.

I really wonder why Yamaguchi decided to source from that when that concept was never in Toriyama's stuff.

The idea that a Genki Dama can't be charged in Super Saiyan wouldn't be something the episode writer would be allowed to decide, that'd be something decided by Toriyama, the series directors or the producers.

Kalentan

Buu and Cell arc Goku is as shit as he's ever been, I suppose the main reason Luffy is the better character though is that Oda is a better writer than Toriyama

Yeah.

As much as I like Dragon Ball, Oda hands down is a better writer. Master class in world building and seeding in future stories and characters.

https://youtu.be/fH3X2U9t2P0?t=866

:D

Top Bottom