• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Even though Beerus and Whis are likely still top dog Jiren feels so much more dangerous

i dunno, whis said that jiren was possibly beyond GoD

Beerus didn't seem like he was sweating too hard though so idk

ofc it's still a possibility that the rumor is false too, or that it's a different fighter

Even though Beerus and Whis are likely still top dog Jiren feels so much more dangerous

I don't know.

Whis' calm demeanor given how powerful he is in the series, is really something.

You can say that about all the other Angels.

If Beerus and Champa's little sparring session was causing that much trouble for the universe, two Angels going at it would be chaos.

caliph95

I don't know.

Whis' calm demeanor given how powerful he is in the series, is really something.

You can say that about all the other Angels.

If Beerus and Champa's little sparring session was causing that much trouble for the universe, two Angels going at it would be chaos.
I feel that's probably due to the GoDs destruction energy while the angels would probably be more precise.

Source: my ass

Kazuhira

oh please god no.

I really don't like how super saiyan blue looks in super. I was wishing goku would now have a form that was stronger that SSB, making SSB irrelevant, and allowing goku to have a different appearence. I much prefer how goku looked in episode 110, compared to the SSB tranformation.

I do prefer the new form too,SSB never did it for me either.
Kaioken+SSB looks cool though.

Jeffrey

blue and god form were so lame...

ssj3 ssj4 and I guess now UI now just... reaks of power, which the other forms in super lacked.

Skeeter49

ssj3 reaks of power, .

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Please don't hurt me Sanji.

Reset

People that are saying SSG and SSB/R are awful aren't wrong. The new "form" was pretty hype, plus its introduction was pretty cool. It's up there with the rest of the forms. (SS1/2/3/4)

Reset

Nah, Super Saiyan Rose was hype, the rest suck

Rose's introduction was pretty hilarious. It was one of the best moments in Super for making Vegeta look like a joke. But the form looks lame as hell, so nah it wasn't hype for me but it was funny.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
None of the god forms are interesting, mostly because outside of SSG they just kind of appeared with little to no emotional weight behind them.

LotusHD

Banned
Rose's introduction was pretty hilarious. It was one of the best moments in Super for making Vegeta look like a joke. But the form looks lame as hell, so nah it wasn't hype for me but it was funny.

Maybe if the pink hair was on Goku or Vegeta, but Black's outfit makes it work.

---

SSG looks terrible, while I've grown used to SSB, with Kaio-Ken making it look pretty cool, but it never had that awe-inspiring feeling to it that UI clearly possesses. But again, SSG looks terrible. The eyes ruin it.

Skeeter49

Blue being trash is one of the reasons I've loved it hasn't been used much in this tournament.

Base and regular SSJ are leagues better.

Mory Dunz

None of the god forms are interesting, mostly because outside of SSG they just kind of appeared with little to no emotional weight behind them.

I mean, the entire BoG movie had no emotional weight. (which is why I hated it upon first viewing, but it grew on me once I realized it what it was trying to accomplish, i.e. not making Beerus some ultra-bad).

For being a nonstressful event, the show's SSG transformation was pretty good, despite some derp faces. The fight was also better than the movie's in some regards, except for that dumb punching part.

Then we see it again vs Dyspo and Jiren

Not sure why SSG is considered bad. Then SSB gets pulled out for every little fight and is garbage.

Yeah, Whis just assumed Jiren was the fighter. It was never confirmed by anyone.

Thought that was the obvious line, to be honest. Particularly because it cuts on that line back to Belmod, I believe.

Also, while likely a mere animation shortcut, it's worth noting that the way Goku returned (after not being able to be sensed) was the same way Zamasu returned after being defeated by Trunks. Might be that Goku temporarily embodied a concept similar to how Zamasu tried to become justice itself (according to the subs that is). "Survival", maybe?
edit: probably a bit far-fetched.

Reset

Maybe if the pink hair was on Goku or Vegeta, but Black's outfit makes it work.
It's not just the way it looks, the way it was introduced was also lame.
SS1/2/3/4 and UI all had "hype" moments when they were introduced. Black just goes Rose before the fight even begins in the future while they're talking. SSB and God's introduction were also lame. I mean it gets some points for kicking Vegeta's ass after the conversation, but that's it.

I do agree with God being the worst form. Those goofy ass eyes don't work.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not just the way it looks, the way it was introduced was also lame.
SS1/2/3/4 and UI all had "hype" moments when they were introduced. Black just goes Rose before the fight even begins in the future while they're talking. SSB and God's introduction were also lame. I mean it gets some points for kicking Vegeta's ass after the conversation, but that's it.

I do agree with God being the worst form. Those goofy ass eyes don't work.

Eh, I'm just referring to how it looks, not its introduction, that was whatever

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The best thing about Super is that they are starting and finishing things in 1 or 2 episodes, stuff doesn't drag on for 5 + episodes. The pacing is so so good. I can overlook the filler episodes due to this.

The best thing about Super is that they are starting and finishing things in 1 or 2 episodes, stuff doesn't drag on for 5 + episodes. The pacing is so so good. I can overlook the filler episodes due to this.

This is hands down one of the best things about Dragon Ball Super. They aren't wasting nearly as much time in getting specific things wrapped up, and that's fucking fantastic to see. I remember being absolutely tortured over and over in DBZ with how much things would get dragged out.

Top Bottom