• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

All the Spirit Bomb did was recharge his energy.

Yep, the spirit bomb only gave him energy to stand and fight for a while. It isn't responsible for any of the power that Goku was displaying, and neither was it the reason for his appearance.

It served as a trigger that allowed Goku to tap into potential that was way down deep inside that he couldn't easily achieve on his own. Goku kept getting stronger and stronger through new super saiyan forms, or techniques like kaioken, but his normal, non super saiyan state hasn't been evolving to anywhere near the same degree as everything else.

Making the base form rise to a whole new plateau of power is the secret Goku has been missing all along. What we witnessed from Ultra Instinct Goku was his new max base of power. A new base that, through the strange heat, and perhaps the energy surrounding him, is very close to achieving a new kind of super saiyan or god state designed to allow him to take his new potential to an entirely different level. Even with Goku gaining the edge on Jiren further into their encounter, it was still clear to see that the further Goku went, Jiren too was able to follow. He still has much power he's holding back, or not fully revealing. Their rematch will be most interesting to say the least.

giphy.gif

ec0ec0

[...]

Making the base form rise to a whole new plateau of power is the secret Goku has been missing all along. What we witnessed from Ultra Instinct Goku was his new max base of power. A new base that, through the strange heat, and perhaps the energy surrounding him, is very close to achieving a new kind of super saiyan or god state designed to allow him to take his new potential to an entirely different level. Even with Goku gaining the edge on Jiren further into their encounter, it was still clear to see that the further Goku went, Jiren too was able to follow. He still has much power he's holding back, or not fully revealing. Their rematch will be most interesting to say the least.

i don't like how this sounds. This makes it sound like goku is going to be able to put things on top of Ultra Instinct, instead of UI simply being his strongest form.

I don't want Ultra Instinct super saiyan blue.

Can't we have the new transformation, that's going to be used from now onwards, have a hair style that isn't the spiky saiyan like hair style, please?

Omni

I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with the whole ~40 minutes thing or whatever. With how long this tournament has taken in the real world it's just silly. Would it have really mattered if the tournament was over a few in-universe hours?

Just think about it. 15 minutes in and Goku already was apparently pushed enough to get a new transformation putting him near GoD levels? It takes me longer to eat dinner

HeroR

I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with the whole ~40 minutes thing or whatever. With how long this tournament has taken in the real world it's just silly. Would it have really mattered if the tournament was over a few in-universe hours?

Just think about it. 15 minutes in and Goku already was apparently pushed enough to get a new transformation putting him near GoD levels? It takes me longer to eat dinner

The people move faster than light despite fans trying to say otherwise. Fights wouldn't last hours, especially when we had the entire of Super Saiyan Goku vs. 100% Frieza happened in five minutes. And Goku reached this new form by a freak accident, that happens fast in real life.

Mory Dunz

The people move faster than light despite fans trying to say otherwise. Fights wouldn't last hours, especially when we had the entire of Super Saiyan Goku vs. 100% Frieza happened in five minutes. And Goku reached this new form by a freak accident, that happens fast in real life.

do people talk faster than light too >_>

LaNaranja

The fact that their is a time limit tells me that it is going to come down to who has the most fighters left at the end. Otherwise why bother having it at all? I do wonder what that means for the wish though if say Freeza is left along with three other fighters. Who gets to pick then?

A-V-B

Yep, the spirit bomb only gave him energy to stand and fight for a while. It isn't responsible for any of the power that Goku was displaying, and neither was it the reason for his appearance.

It served as a trigger that allowed Goku to tap into potential that was way down deep inside that he couldn't easily achieve on his own. Goku kept getting stronger and stronger through new super saiyan forms, or techniques like kaioken, but his normal, non super saiyan state hasn't been evolving to anywhere near the same degree as everything else.

I wish he hadn't run out of power so fast! Seems they're both nowhere near their upper limits, with Goku being like an infant suddenly falling out of the crib and learning to walk in minutes, and almost learning how to jump and run. If he gets a recharge he could be learning to dance the flamenco in a day.

Ashodin

In the future I think the Ki giving off heat and stuff is what will hold back advances in fighting. Your Ki giving off heat means your stamina runs out faster, which is why red was better than blue because (surprise, blue is hotter than red)

Skeeter49

Where the fuck is my Piccolo and Gohan tag team?

Piccolo and Gohan tag team
17 and 18 tag team
Kale (now that she can fight) and Caulifla tag team
U6 Namekian tag team

I need these now.

So as crazy powerful Jiren is, Whis would still wreck him no?

Yeah.

Forgot the angels, we have no idea how strong the fighters are in the top 4 universes not in the tournament. One of those GoD's didn't seem too bothered about Goku's UI. It's known among the divine, a few of them have probably mastered it. There might be mortals in those universes stronger than Goku and Jiren too.

The angels are on a completely different level. A level not to be reached by mortals.

They made Female Broli and Evil Goku canon. Why not SSJ4?
You really want SSJ4 Cauli?

I guess it could work, to make her different. I support having different characters attaining different higher forms, even if some of those forms are a lot uglier than others.

Marcarita doesn't seem to know much about Jiren.
In the manga, it looked like Marcarita doesn't actually spend all that much time with Belmond.

Spinx

You really want SSJ4 Cauli?

I guess it could work, to make her different. I support having different characters attaining different higher forms, even if some of those forms are a lot uglier than others.

In the manga, it looked like Marcarita doesn't actually spend all that much time with Belmond.

Cauli has no tail. Next!

FreeMufasa

Shiiiiiiiiiiiet 109/110 was hyyyyyyyyype as fuck. Best fight in the whole series and the second best moment, after goten saying he's gonna fucking kill Hit for offing his dad

So today in Italy we just had episode 52, the Gohan and Future Trunks episode, and it was the last episode we'll get in Italian for probably a long time. Do you guys know if it's true that Toei is allowing to show dub episodes outside of Japan only up to episode 52, or some of your countries has already passed ep 52?

M.D

I'm gonna be pretty salty if Gohan gets to stick to the end without doing anything major between now and then.

Top Bottom