• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

super-saiyan-4-1026811.jpg

WK30Fnn.gif

Ataxia

SSJ4 needs to be left in the dust where it belongs

The hairstyle I can dig but everything else that goes along with it is so awful

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't think Nozawa made a peep from the time Goku fell into the Spirit Bomb to when he realized his juice was running out. Maybe that's why the epiosdes resonated with so many people that are wrong about Nozawa's voice.

AdanVC

Yikes, SSJ4 looks very awful now compared to the UI transformation. Glad they didn't went nuts with no-sense aesthetics with the UI look and keep it simple with just a badass eye color and aura.

Gin-Shiio

You laugh now, but you won't when Vegeta is the only one to unlock SSJ4 through the happiness he feels on the day of Bra's kindergarten entrance ceremony. Only it will be called Super Saiyan Love, or SSL in short.

ec0ec0

SSG looks terrible, while I've grown used to SSB, with Kaio-Ken making it look pretty cool, but it never had that awe-inspiring feeling to it that UI clearly possesses. But again, SSG looks terrible. The eyes ruin it.

I'd say that SSB's hair (spiky hair in SS 1/2/blue looks pretty bad in super) does much more to ruin SSB than the red eyes can possibly do to ruin SSG.

The main reason why goku's new form looked great compared to SSB (it looked better to me, at least), was that it went back to base goku's hair style (which SSG also has).

edit:

I do agree with God being the worst form. Those goofy ass eyes don't work.

well, people really seem to have something against SSG's eyes, but to the point that they like SSB's appearance better? damn.

LotusHD

Banned
I'd say that SSB's hair (spiky hair in SS 1/2/blue looks pretty bad in super) does much more to ruin SSB than the red eyes can possibly do to ruin SSG.

The main reason why goku's new form looked great compared to SSB (it looked better to me, at least), was that it went back to base goku's hair style (which SSG also has).

I mean I just said that because the eyes because that bugged me the most, but I don't like the aura (flames, really) or hair color either. SSB's aura on the other hand, I always liked it, while I eventually got used to the hair color.

But yes, UI does look good in part because of the hair style.

Wow... seeing that GT picture reminds me that the 90s in Japanese animation was a very "interesting" period. The disappearing shirt thing in that transformation just didn't work for me.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, Caulifa could actually rock the SS4 hair and tail. Though U6 Sayians don't have tails so that won't happen.

HeroR

Toriyama is not a good writer, he's incredibly sloppy lol. In trying to give his main character flaws, he picked super weird ones which make no sense. As a result, the closest human being I've seen which can make me think of Goku is a co-worker of mine who suffer from asperger syndrome. By pure luck, you actually have human beings who act somewhat closely to Goku and they suffer from autism. :p

But Goku isn't a human, so he wouldn't be very close to a normal human.

HeroR

The idea that a Genki Dama can't be charged in Super Saiyan wouldn't be something the episode writer would be allowed to decide, that'd be something decided by Toriyama, the series directors or the producers.

Thanks you.

While the writers are extremely important and a bad writer can murder a good idea, fans gives the writers way too much creative credit. They can't just randomly decide to put a movie reference when it's a main point to something.

HeroR

you callin Beerus lazy? You think he was just sleeping the entire time while Goku was recruiting? You think Shin went off to look for strong warriors on other planets and came back with nothing? Is that what you think huh?

Beerus did nothing but stress eat the entire time before the tournament. Shin was the one trying to do something.

HeroR

None of the god forms are interesting, mostly because outside of SSG they just kind of appeared with little to no emotional weight behind them.

You guys put too much stock in 'emotional weight'. Then again, you guys also think Super Saiyan 2 is cool, so I'm not surprised.

Yikes, SSJ4 looks very awful now compared to the UI transformation. Glad they didn't went nuts with no-sense aesthetics with the UI look and keep it simple with just a badass eye color and aura.

It has always been awful.

Omni

I hope the silver eye and hair highlights stay at least

Goku's aura was totally 100% the Spirit Bomb, calling it now.

Was the hair different from his normal hair? Looked the same except maybe slightly different from behind to me.

Also I like everything about the form except the super-deep voice overlay of all of his shouts.

Top Bottom