• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Beat the main storyline, sitting at about level 60. Trying to finish up the rest of the PQs to get the last characters unlocked, but fuck some of these things are just brutal.

fighting 1v2 against Goku and Gohan just spamming their ultimate kamehamehas is pretty sucky, and I can't even do it multiplayer cos it's an NPC quest. :(

I guess at this point I should just be looking for the fastest way to level up so I can clear out the harder quests? Where should I grind for XP at around level 60?

By any chance were any other fixes included in this patch? Removing the crappy filter on consoles perhaps or adding remote play for PS4? I'm kinda done with the PC copy for now and waiting to see if we get any fixes before carrying on with the PS4 version.

Maligna

Banned
By any chance were any other fixes included in this patch? Removing the crappy filter on consoles perhaps or adding remote play for PS4? I'm kinda done with the PC copy for now and waiting to see if we get any fixes before carrying on with the PS4 version.

I really hope a future patch gives us remote play! More people need to tweet them requesting it.

Good ending first try mofo at Level 48.
Yeah!!!

Will upload the video soon...
Edit: Nevermind, scene is blocked. damn.

Minus Power works really well since big target.

OptimusLime

Can anyone get into multi lobby right now?

I finally got in tonight, and didnt get kicked a single time during a decently long session!

I pulled the trigger on deleting my lvl 11 Namekian and creating a Saiyan (starting the game with one char slot BOOOOOO). Strangely enough, the story progression, items, skills, and cash didnt seem to reset. First one is most strange because I didnt see a way to go back to the first story mission and start over there with my lvl 1 char, so I had to grind PQs to level up enough to resume Time Patrol.

Speaking of PQs, it is so much easier with players instead of AI friendlies! I went from level 1 to level 12 in 2 hours! :-D Also had some good RNG tonight, got some nice clothes, Kaioken and Kaioken x3, Kamehameha, and some other goodies.

All in all an enjoyable night thanks to server stability!

Is this game actually good? I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 2.
and legacy of Goku 2

The PS4 livestreams have me intrigued. From the looks of it, am I wrong to think this is DBZ Budokai+Destiny(online coop missions?)

Bogeypop

Oh sweet baby RNGesus FINALLY got the Supreme Kai boots. I don't even want to know exactly how long it took me to get them to drop these last few days... (Strangely enough everytime I said "This is my last attempt for today" I'd get the next piece I didn't have of the set)

Now to re-enter this hell by trying to get the Vegito set.

and legacy of Goku 2

The PS4 livestreams have me intrigued. From the looks of it, am I wrong to think this is DBZ Budokai+Destiny(online coop missions?)

It's not really a fighter, more of a brawler. Fights are primarily group v. group, instead of person v. person. And, yeah, you could make comparisons to Destiny
although the less we speak of that the better off we'll be.

Predictable response in an OT, but, yes, DBXV is super good. A very solid start to a franchise, aside from the server issues.

Interesting things I found out: Until you beat all objectives in PQs, your partners are based on your character's stats.
Partners? You mean the non-party member AIs that join you in-mission, not the ones you choose at the beginning, right?

What are their stats based on after all objectives are beaten?

and legacy of Goku 2

that's a decent way of describing it, though this game has way more loot than what i played of destiny. it's also somewhat akin to monster hunter or PSO in terms of its mission structure, with gameplay like budokai.

as a person who was expecting another super polished, semi competitive fighting game like Infinite World or Budokai 3, I was slightly disappointed. but as a dragon ball z fan, the story and coop stuff is some of the most interesting shit i've seen in a dbz game in a long time. the game is a bit rough around the edges, but damn I've lost track of how many hours I've dumped into this game.

edit: by the way, did anyone in this thread ever play Earth's Special Forces back in the day? Really kickass DBZ arena combat HL1 mod.

kaiiri

anyone know in PQ 19.. for goku's gi no character.. do I have to do ultimate finish or is it just an RNG when beating goku?

EDIT: nm I got one without doing the ultimate finish.

MDave

I think I like God Breaker more then Change the Future, I've been using both, and use God Breaker far more frequently. It's the Strike (melee attacks of any type) version of Change the Future. It's so good.

How do you unlock the last set of PQ's? I've finished story at level 50 something, and tonight finished all the PQ's and reached level 80. I have "CLEAR" on all but the last hardest set of PQ's, but I finished the ones that are shown.

I think I like God Breaker more then Change the Future, I've been using both, and use God Breaker far more frequently. It's the Strike (melee attacks of any type) version of Change the Future. It's so good.

How do you unlock the last set of PQ's? I've finished story at level 50 something, and tonight finished all the PQ's and reached level 80. I have "CLEAR" on all but the last hardest set of PQ's, but I finished the ones that are shown.

You have to go around Toki Toki City and see some characters from show and talk to them to complete their parallel quest.

They are extremely difficult and the hardest ones so good luck.

Huh, so GT Goku has a DB-based variation. Too bad it doesn't seem to change his appearance (or is there a chance that there'll be a new skin for that in the official release?).
A slim chance but I wouldn't hold my breath as the other costume has battle damage so the data seems to be there.

caleb1915

You have to go around Toki Toki City and see some characters from show and talk to them to complete their parallel quest.

They are extremely difficult and the hardest ones so good luck.

Yup, trying to beat final (final) form lvl 25 Frieza in Gohan's quest at lvl 26 has been a no go so far.

Seriously feels like he's at least lvl 28 based on the utter pounding I've been taking from him every time we face off. He won't back down long enough for me to use any transformation, charge, he's more annoying than Timejuice superpowered up Hercule.

Yup, trying to beat final (final) form lvl 25 Frieza in Gohan's quest at lvl 26 has been a no go so far.

Seriously feels like he's at least lvl 28 based on the utter pounding I've been taking from him every time we face off. He won't back down long enough for me to use any transformation, charge, he's more annoying than Timejuice superpowered up Hercule.

You have Evil Explosion or Milky Cannon?

Use those two.

caleb1915

Not her. I mean the one who voiced then in the original DB and DBZ.

Stephanie Nodolny? I think she quit the voice acting business.

She was probably my favorite Gohan/Goku, it's why Gohan became my favorite character during the Android saga.

You have Evil Explosion or Milky Cannon?

Use those two.

Damn! That's what I really liked about this game, you can completely switch up your skills and movesets to basically become a totally different character. A ton of the moves aren't really "better" they just encourage a different play style.

The only trouble is figuring out the right combo when it comes to the right strike, ki blast, and support skill. I can completely dominate using a new moveset, and then it feels like the AI adapts to whatever new skill I started using. Lke getting close up after previously using a long ranged skill; because they kept running away. Only to have them constantly use super explosive wave multiple times in a row while I'm in mid-combo sending me flying back feels more like it's punishing you for changing things up.

Muzicfreq

Banned
LMAO oookay so because I play a female saiyan some dudes randomly friended me and invited me to voice chat.... Yeaahhhh.... That's like the worst idea. instantly left when they found out the truth of my gender.

LMAO oookay so because I play a female saiyan some dudes randomly friended me and invited me to voice chat.... Yeaahhhh.... That's like the worst idea. instantly left when they found out the truth of my gender.

Hey! That reminds me... what ever happened to that service that let people pay to play games with attractive women? XD

Bogeypop

Hey! That reminds me... what ever happened to that service that let people pay to play games with attractive women? XD

Twitch? It's still around.
LDErxRq.png

Maligna

Banned

Where do you get God Breaker?

This game can really get annoying when people beat you by abusing the system instead of actually playing.

There's one person who just stunned locked me and took half my health with one move.

Yeah you can fault me for falling for it but when they can spam the same move a million times it gets real annoying.

Did they change they way balls drop from patrollers? I have been doing pq12 for like 30 times but still not getting the last dragon ball i need :(
halp T_T

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that's a decent way of describing it, though this game has way more loot than what i played of destiny. it's also somewhat akin to monster hunter or PSO in terms of its mission structure, with gameplay like budokai.
PSO, Destiny and Monster Hunter are rather like one another in every sense except actual gameplay mechanics, and we can add DB:XV to that list. The online architecture and gameplay feedback loop are extremely similar, and the reliance on RNG is actually the most similar to Monster Hunter's; however, it's also never necessary to obtain anything via RNG that's actually needed to progress, which is a big deal for me.

Online Lobby seems to be getting a big more stable, eh?

Pappasman

Finally got a chance to start playing for myself. What are the best Ki blast attacks to go for? I heard Final Flash is good, but getting that PQ to drop the Z-soul Vegeta wants is like pulling teeth. Great game but the RNG within RNG stuff is brutal.

A proper Xenoverse 2 with more loot and customization could be incredible.

Vex_

Banned
Finally got a chance to start playing for myself. What are the best Ki blast attacks to go for? I heard Final Flash is good, but getting that PQ to drop the Z-soul Vegeta wants is like pulling teeth. Great game but the RNG within RNG stuff is brutal.

A proper Xenoverse 2 with more loot and customization could be incredible.

I like Vacation Delete. Even if you miss, they are gonna have a bad day. Isn't as hard as Final Flash to get, and works will with Super Saiyan's infinite Ki.

Plus, it sounds cool: "Vacation Delete!" Say that really loud, like right now.

VACATION DELETE!
You know you want it.

I'm glad I beat the story before they patched "I'll never forgive you scum" z-soul on the PS4. Don't think I would have the patience to finish the game without it (especially the Bardock mission!)

Philtastic

... but I get pretty far. With my current stats (level 55 female saiyan, no points in strike supers and 18 in basic attack, most in ki supers), I don't think it's actually possible for me to do, even if I survived, due to low damage - I would run out of time. In the following video, I get Goku to 2/3 hp and Gohan to 1/2 hp before I go down but I survive a really long time. A more thorough description of the skills and tactics to get that far on basically the worst character to attempt this with is in the video description but, suffice to say, if I actually had most of my points in basic attack and strike supers, I would have killed them a lot faster which means I would have taken far less damage which would leave me with many more healing items for the final fight. I will probably revisit this with an actual melee character now that I've just beat the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpikwoAgOyk

WOOO finally finished story mode thanks to that cheesing(been playing offline on steam and didn't patch so i could exploit that z soul that heals you constantly.)
Beat the main storyline, sitting at about level 60. Trying to finish up the rest of the PQs to get the last characters unlocked, but fuck some of these things are just brutal.

fighting 1v2 against Goku and Gohan just spamming their ultimate kamehamehas is pretty sucky, and I can't even do it multiplayer cos it's an NPC quest. :(

I guess at this point I should just be looking for the fastest way to level up so I can clear out the harder quests? Where should I grind for XP at around level 60?

i hated that quest, total bs.

Vex_

Banned
... but I get pretty far. With my current stats (level 55 female saiyan, no points in strike supers and 18 in basic attack, most in ki supers), I don't think it's actually possible for me to do, even if I survived, due to low damage - I would run out of time. In the following video, I get Goku to 2/3 hp and Gohan to 1/2 hp before I go down but I survive a really long time. A more thorough description of the skills and tactics to get that far on basically the worst character to attempt this with is in the video description but, suffice to say, if I actually had most of my points in basic attack and strike supers, I would have killed them a lot faster which means I would have taken far less damage which would leave me with many more healing items for the final fight. I will probably revisit this with an actual melee character now that I've just beat the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpikwoAgOyk

1. May I ask? Why were you doing this? Research?
2. Female Saiyans have an infinite. Not sure of PC buttons, but it is:

Heavy, Light X4 combo. Except after your second vanish, you block cancel when you reappear to restart the same combo. Just dont do the last part where she finishes by kicking them down. This allows you to restart your state, and continue resets.

This will allow you to keep moving, and force them to use an escape move. Most of the time, you can take away half of their health off of one combo before they use an explosive wave or something.

Philtastic

1. May I ask? Why were you doing this? Research?
2. Female Saiyans have an infinite. Not sure of PC buttons, but it is:

Heavy, Light X4 combo. Except after your second vanish, you block cancel when you reappear to restart the same combo. Just dont do the last part where she finishes by kicking them down. This allows you to restart your state, and continue resets.

This will allow you to keep moving, and force them to use an escape move. Most of the time, you can take away half of their health off of one combo before they use an explosive wave or something.

1) Doing it for fun and because someone here wanted to see someone do it with just melee (which I did with melee ultimates, no super saiyan - video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wv3ZViRnOg), but he said it was still cheesing so I tried to do it with just melee and supers, no ultimates. Also, there might be some who think the game is all about outleveling your opponents or spamming ultimates. I am somewhat trying to show just how much you can do on skill alone. Consider that most people don't think it's possible to survive the chain kamehamehas of Goku and Gohan unless you ultimate spam but I demonstrate a pretty good way of dealing with that.

2) You're right that you can combo indefinitely with that particular combo but, as you will see from the video, not only do they use escape moves and vanish really early to break your combos but you'll eventually get interrupted by the other guy. It's all 2 vs. 1 in this particular PQ along with ultimate spam which further prevents you from ever stringing together a long combo. I do actually pull off a relatively long combo to finish off Vegeta because I noticed that I had guard broken him and Trunks was kind enough to let me finish that string. Also, good luck starting a combo with a heavy attack against these guys.

Oh my god fuck the pq that trunks goten give you in toki toki. All them ducking sayians are ALWAYS spamming fucking hell. Also how do you unlock the extra stories after beating story mode? I know there is at least 1 cause I saw videos of brolly

D-Pad

PQ47. FINALLY Beat Goku and Gotenks and then Gohan. Then Goku revives and goes full power. and right before I unleash my final Super and (what I'm guessing anyway) end it, I run out of fucking time. I quit. I'm done with this game forever. It was fun but it's over.

PQ47. FINALLY Beat Goku and Gotenks and then Gohan. Then Goku revives and goes full power. and right before I unleash my final Super and (what I'm guessing anyway) end it, I run out of fucking time. I quit. I'm done with this game forever. It was fun but it's over.

Yeah, this was such bullshit. I cannot do this without running out of time. I finally got them all down with a minute to spare and was so relieved. Then Goku got up and I was like "Oh, fuck off, bro!". You should be able to do these 'Lobby NPC' PQs with a team, but I understand that they exist as roadblocks to prevent people from using non CCs to beat all the PQs.

J4g3r

For people struggling with that PQ that Kid Trunks gives you in Toki Toki city:

You can search for someone hosting that PQ and finish it that way in a team, instead of solo.

There was only so many times I could put up with being juggled by Super Kamehamehas.

Melpontro

Someone on another forum requested I do a Time Breaker Bardock mod based on this:
N7U1Y2z.jpg
Here is what I have so far.
QKuGSpH.png

I still have to do some more modeling and set up the materials, then onto the next mod. Anything you guys here would be interested in?

Vex_

Banned
1) Doing it for fun and because someone here wanted to see someone do it with just melee (which I did with melee ultimates, no super saiyan - video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wv3ZViRnOg), but he said it was still cheesing so I tried to do it with just melee and supers, no ultimates. Also, there might be some who think the game is all about outleveling your opponents or spamming ultimates. I am somewhat trying to show just how much you can do on skill alone. Consider that most people don't think it's possible to survive the chain kamehamehas of Goku and Gohan unless you ultimate spam but I demonstrate a pretty good way of dealing with that.

2) You're right that you can combo indefinitely with that particular combo but, as you will see from the video, not only do they use escape moves and vanish really early to break your combos but you'll eventually get interrupted by the other guy. It's all 2 vs. 1 in this particular PQ along with ultimate spam which further prevents you from ever stringing together a long combo. I do actually pull off a relatively long combo to finish off Vegeta because I noticed that I had guard broken him and Trunks was kind enough to let me finish that string. Also, good luck starting a combo with a heavy attack against these guys.

1) As such, it would have been better to demonstrate defensive options, not offensive.
Super Guard, Instant Transmission, Quick Sleep (buus only. for between stages), perfect guard, and God Breaker/Change the future. Those are off the top of my head.

The reason I say this is because we know ki blast super specialists will always outdamge striker specialists due to the enormous amount of options they have offensively.

2) I mentioned that combo specifically because it keeps you moving and you vanish between two different locations while doing it. You could even cancel, and change it up to other combos to move in any direction you want. You could also press heavy attack + ki blast, then press the jump button afterward to chase your opponent to start a unique combo. All of this is to keep you moving so trunks and vegeta's giant beams wont hit you. *They'll use explosive wave, but they cannot use it back to back to the point where comboing them would be useless. There appears to be a cooldown for a cpu's use of it. It doesnt seem to be tied to stamina. Which is unfair.I take it you know meteor crash will go on longer if you hold that button down? I think it uses up 3 ki bars if you let it.

Not trying to school you. Just trying to help out a fellow striker :) fyi

Top Bottom