• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

k1t4j

Hey guys I live in Europe and I just got a promo copy from a friend that works at Bandai.

The game only comes out here Friday, you guys think it would be ok if I go online tonight?

Or just wait for Friday?

Also if I decide to not connect to PSN am I locked out of anything important?

ViciousDS

Banned
best buy online told me due to high demand they couldn't process my order.....kept repeating that bitch till it gave me a confirmed page and now it says my order will be available for pickup tomorrow lol.

Lets do this!

Dominator

DBZ games always tend to sell fairly well, so we'll most likely get a sequel. My GameStop has more pre-orders across all consoles than we did for Dying Light and Evolve combined.

I have 27 microsoft dollars to spend so I could use some of it to buy this game on the XBOX ONE..I can either pre order it today or just wait for reviews to start rolling in, not sure what to do..would the digital version of this game work good on my external hard drive that is where I would put the game since its probably huge

moai

I have 27 microsoft dollars to spend so I could use some of it to buy this game on the XBOX ONE..I can either pre order it today or just wait for reviews to start rolling in, not sure what to do..would the digital version of this game work good on my external hard drive that is where I would put the game since its probably huge

Its only 10 gb

Nordicus

DBZ games always tend to sell fairly well, so we'll most likely get a sequel. My GameStop has more pre-orders across all consoles than we did for Dying Light and Evolve combined.
Really? That's crazy, I hope that's indicative of a larger trend because the japanese sales were not great (78k first week), even with the 89% sell-through rate

Welfare

Really? That's crazy, I hope that's indicative of a larger trend because the japanese sales were not great (78k first week), even with the 89% sell-through rate

It was higher than the last couple of DB games in Japan, so that's good. Also the new movie will probably boost sales.

FootballFan

Holy shit, really?

Maybe this game will break a million. I think the last few were just shy of that.

I just checked the website I and many of my mates buy games from.

Both the regular version and the one that comes with preorder DLC have both been sold out on PS4, as has the Travel Trunks edition.

The Xbox one version with the preorder DLC is also out of stock. As is the Xbox 360 preorder DLC one.

That is pretty crazy. I hope it sells well because I can see great potential for the sequel.

YRuafraid

Banned
Before we all talk about sequels and stuff.... how is THIS game?

The videos look phenomenal, but I never played a DBZ game besides Hyper Dimenson on SNES. Anyone have the game already who can testify that his is a solid fighting game?

Revven

Holy shit, really?

Maybe this game will break a million. I think the last few were just shy of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Kinect game and Battle of Z underperform? I know Ultimate Tenkaichi probably didn't despite how terrible it was, many fans placed too much faith in what was being shown to them pre-release was actually good for the series. >_>

I'd hope Xenoverse would hugely surpass anything since Raging Blast, sales-wise, given what it offers and everything.

That's it, i'm done , I won't be investing in this at all, The only thing I really saw as a positive for this game was CAC and the possibility of battles against created teams.. I didn't care that the deathball exploit and OP Z souls were going to ruin online (i don't play online) and i was getting used to my favorite characters simply not being there because Dimps is pretty lazy, but now that I know for a fact you cannot fight your other CAC's in any type of versus or battle mode, only a copy of your own, I have no real reason to play this game..maybe one day i'll "rent" it from gamestop like I did for Battle of Z and give it a fair chance (Battle of Z was still garbage though)

Sorry if asked but is this game split screen PVP?

I'm just quoting you because I like your avatar, thats some good cosplay.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Kinect game and Battle of Z underperform? I know Ultimate Tenkaichi probably didn't despite how terrible it was, many fans placed too much faith in what was being shown to them pre-release was actually good for the series. >_>

I'd hope Xenoverse would hugely surpass anything since Raging Blast, sales-wise.
Can't say for Battle of Z but i doubt they expected much from Kinect anyway. I'm pretty sure that Ultimate Tenkaichi sold better than Raging Blast 2 but I don't think that's saying too much.

I just checked the website I and many of my mates buy games from.

Both the regular version and the one that comes with preorder DLC have both been sold out on PS4, as has the Travel Trunks edition.

The Xbox one version with the preorder DLC is also out of stock. As is the Xbox 360 preorder DLC one.

That is pretty crazy. I hope it sells well because I can see great potential for the sequel.
Good news then, it'd be nice to see these games back in the public consciousness.

Dominator

That's... actually I can't imagine that.

Holy shit, really?

What? Impressive! I really hope the next game is Xenoverse 2.
My store can just be an outlier of course, but yeah its more. I remember checking how many pre-orders we had yesterday and I was impressed. I'm getting it as well so I'm pumped to give it a shot tomorrow.

This game just seems like it's gonna sell easily. DBZ is still popular, combined with the idea of creating your own fighter, going online with your friends to do quests and unlock clothing/moves, and PvP. But most importantly, based on impressions, it seems to be a pretty damn good game.

I'm not surprised about hearing how well it's doing.

Yaari

I hope we will get more details on Season Pass soon. Can't get into something without knowing what is to come. Made that mistake once, not again.

Game looks great but I still hope we will get the cell shaded graphics like the Naruto games one day. It can't get any better than that.

That's pretty friggin' crazy.

It sure is and damn it makes me happy.

Just look at this OT...20 paged already. Thats pretty impressive for an non Tekken/Street Fighter Fighting game. Good to see so many DB(Z) fans coming together to enjoy a great game with their favourite licence. ;)

A Xenoverse 2 will more characters, more CaC features, and improved gameplay would probably be the best DBZ ever.
They have a starting point for a lot of characters too. There are tons of outfits CaCs got of characters not in the game, they could also give outfits to characters that are in the game that for some reason they didn't get despite being in for CaCs (like Yardrat armor for Goku). Hopefully next year's game is a console port of Zenkai so that Xenoverse 2 can have 2 years of dev time so it can get lots of new characters and CaC stuff as well as still having a big original story.

spelli

Neo Member
Embargo for this piece of software and saturated wonderful colours?
I have not too much money left for this month, but if it's worth I could easily fall into temptation.

Revven

Embargo for this piece of software and saturated wonderful colours?
I have not too much money left for this month, but if it's worth I could easily fall into temptation.

I heard embargo lifts at midnight EST from a youtuber or two.

Very tempted to impulse buy this before midnight for the preorder bonuses, but it doesn't look nearly as fluid as Tenkaichi 3 from what I've seen

I've been trying and trying to get input on this game on what it's quality is like, but all I see constantly are people comparing it to old DBZ games, or other anime games like Naruto, and I can't make heads or tails of the discussion because I haven't played a DBZ game since...probably Budokai 2 on PS2. =/

I wish I could get a better idea on whether or not this game might be fun for someone like me to play or not, but when it's always a referential discussion like that, I feel out of the loop. I loved DBZ back in the early 2000s, which is when I played the PS2 games...I kinda just got tired of the annual sequels for a while, which is why I stopped buying them. Especially when it basically told the same story over and over.

The whole create a character thing piqued my interest in this game when I first heard about it a few months ago, and that's kinda all I know.

I've been trying and trying to get input on this game on what it's quality is like, but all I see constantly are people comparing it to old DBZ games, or other anime games like Naruto, and I can't make heads or tails of the discussion because I haven't played a DBZ game since...probably Budokai 2 on PS2. =/

I wish I could get a better idea on whether or not this game might be fun for someone like me to play or not, but when it's always a referential discussion like that, I feel out of the loop. I loved DBZ back in the early 2000s, which is when I played the PS2 games...I kinda just got tired of the annual sequels for a while, which is why I stopped buying them. Especially when it basically told the same story over and over.

The whole create a character thing piqued my interest in this game when I first heard about it a few months ago, and that's kinda all I know.
The story is completely new since you're going through the timeline and "fixing" things. The combat seems like it has a good amount of depth (or at least a satisfying amount for a DBZ game). I don't expect a super deep system but I also don't want a dull 1-button attack snoozefest. Seems like the game does allow for boring play (a lot of videos have people just doing the same thing over and over, boring to watch) but there's also videos of people who know what they're doing and it looks pretty great.

Either way, I'm buying it more for nostalgia's sake than anything else, and impressions have been really positive for the most part. The only real complaints I've seen are about the missing characters, lack of cinematic ultimate moves, lack of environmental destruction, and focus more on competitive play than making something like the show.

I don't care about any of those so I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit.

spelli

Neo Member
I heard embargo lifts at midnight EST from a youtuber or two.

Thank you, great info!

I'm exactly in the same situation. I remember the incredible number of afternoons spent fighting on budokai 2 with my friend, so I know what nostalgia is.
To be honest I have not figured out yet how this game is: the hub, the story and the online mode are not very clear in my mind.

I think I will wait the reviews for a complete idea.

patchday

Wow Amazon really did run out of ps4 copies just checked. Was thinking to buy digital anyways.

Man I have so few physical copies of ps4 games its a shame. Basically none really beyond Diablo ultimate editon

Dereck

A Xenoverse 2 will more characters, more CaC features, and improved gameplay would probably be the best DBZ ever.
Which is why this game is a hard sell, I've been in the sequels will be better than the first iteration rodeo too many times with DBZ games, I'll rent it maybe

Snaku

Banned
Which is why this game is a hard sell, I've been in the sequels will be better than the first iteration rodeo too many times with DBZ games, I'll rent it maybe

Could end up being a Burst Limit situation. I don't see any reason to pass on this if the only reason is the potential sequel could possibly be better. I'd never play any video games if I had that mentality, especially the fighting genre.

Top Bottom